!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society  (Read 204923 times)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society
« Reply #2820 on: February 27, 2019, 10:05:05 AM »
Hi again from Perthshire, back on the wires a bit sooner than I had hoped to be, called back to work 2 weeks early  :'(

I did manage to fit in a visit to Model Rail 19 at SEC though before I had to travel, great day out (spent a small fortune) ... but some great layouts on display and caught up with a few old friends

...... not N gauge I know (though there is a small N gauge loop on the very bottom layer), but I used to work with one of the team who built it when I was in Azerbaijan

The other stand I had a good blether at was the NGS stand, was good to see the Hunslett livery prototypes in the flesh, word is that they are on their way, slow boat from China, but should be ready to dispatch late May

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2821 on: February 28, 2019, 06:37:37 AM »
For the first time I can rememeber, I was unaccompanied at a model rail exhibition ... and got a bit carried away!   :angel:

Had my eye on one of the new pacers before the show, and picked up one up at a decent price, plus Fairburn 2-6-4 tank in BR late crest , DCC fitted

With the current supply issue with Digitrax kit (I learned from Douglas at Wickness that they were hit by a major hurricane last year that wiped out a lot of their production facility) .. I had been on the look out for a new throttle ... so after a long fruitless search for a Digitrax DT402, I opted to try a different manufacturer whose kit is compatible with Loconet - early testing is promising, I still need to have a proper test of it with the manual open!

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #2822 on: February 28, 2019, 06:56:03 AM »
I love it!
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline keithbythe sea

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #2823 on: February 28, 2019, 07:33:51 AM »
An impressive haul!  :thumbsup:

Good price on the dcc fitted loco.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2824 on: February 28, 2019, 08:11:04 AM »
Thanks Keith, that is what I thought .... it runs well too... though it's a bit bumpy on that track I bought  :)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2825 on: February 28, 2019, 09:41:17 AM »
Strewth! That is some spree :goggleeyes: :D

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #2826 on: February 28, 2019, 09:43:42 AM »
That little lot should keep you busy Andrew.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2827 on: March 01, 2019, 06:40:10 AM »
Even more things to keep me busy .... just wish work & chores would stop getting in the way! I am starting to turn my mind to building up the refinery ... and saw this impressive job lot of Plastruct components on the auction site we love to hate....

Also waiting for me when I got home from work a couple of weeks back was a Hex juicer to from Laurence to try and address my last remaining electrical issue .... fun and games ahead :)

In readiness for repairing these problematic track issues, the RTC have deployed some resources to the area to assist

Some slightly more unusual cargo operations were witnessed at Auchterarder on a bright sunny day, an out of region Class 31 drafted in (31 552) to haul some far flung freight

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #2828 on: March 01, 2019, 11:29:38 AM »
Hopefully, this will illustrate the way to connect frog juicers to a reverse loop.

The isolation can be further away from the points, if preferred, but the isloated section must be longer that the longest train that will run round the reversing loop.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2829 on: March 01, 2019, 12:38:05 PM »
Thanks for that Laurence, I think you are slowly dragging me  :dunce:  towards the right solution :)  have sent you an IM with the actual track plan

Online NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Awards
« Reply #2830 on: March 01, 2019, 12:53:00 PM »
Hopefully, this will illustrate the way to connect frog juicers to a reverse loop.

The isolation can be further away from the points, if preferred, but the isloated section must be longer that the longest train that will run round the reversing loop.

I fully appreciate that I may be missing something, but that isn't a reversing loop. You wouldn't need any polarity change in that loop........... :confused2:
PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.

“Having anxiety and depression is like being scared and tired at the same time. It's the fear of failure, but no urge to be productive. It's wanting friends, but hate socializing. It's wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely. It's feeling everything at once then feeling paralyzingly numb.”

We're not crazy, or insane, we're just people living with a condition.

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #2831 on: March 01, 2019, 01:13:36 PM »
Hi PO

The loop shown is a reversing loop.  The mainline goes straight across both set of points  The reversing loop is for a branch that leaves the mainline in one direction and joins it further along facing in the opposite direction.  The diagram looks a bit misleading because I simplified it so that only the relevant bits were shown. 
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2832 on: March 01, 2019, 04:09:17 PM »
Sorry, Laurence, but that is a very misleading diagram to me. The most basic reversing loop looks like 2nd row 2nd from the right to me in this diagram :hmmm:

Online NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Awards
« Reply #2833 on: March 01, 2019, 05:05:46 PM »
Hi PO

The loop shown is a reversing loop.  The mainline goes straight across both set of points  The reversing loop is for a branch that leaves the mainline in one direction and joins it further along facing in the opposite direction.  The diagram looks a bit misleading because I simplified it so that only the relevant bits were shown.

Hi Lawrence,

For that to be a reversing loop, one of your turnouts would have to be facing the other way. As it is drawn, there would be no need for a polarity change at all.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.

“Having anxiety and depression is like being scared and tired at the same time. It's the fear of failure, but no urge to be productive. It's wanting friends, but hate socializing. It's wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely. It's feeling everything at once then feeling paralyzingly numb.”

We're not crazy, or insane, we're just people living with a condition.

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #2834 on: March 01, 2019, 05:24:40 PM »
Yes, you're both quite right.  It wasn't intended to be a real reversing loop, but simply a quick and dirty way to show how to connect a frog juicer to work on a reversing loop.  Apologies for the misleading diagram.  I made the quickest loop I could with SCARM and then did a screen dump into Powerpoint, before exporting it as a PNG file.  All I wanted to show was where to make the isolation gaps and where to connect the Hex Frog Juicer outputs.
With kind regards
Laurence

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25%