!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society  (Read 232951 times)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society - Construction
« Reply #210 on: February 29, 2016, 07:56:01 PM »
Two of the PRPS newly acquired 4F's double head the ever lengthening beverage working

A closer look at some of the wagons - some of the shoc wagons that will be worked between the West Country & Perthshire

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: February 29, 2016, 08:06:36 PM »
Scottish & Newcastle have a strong presence in the region and here are a couple of their wagons en route from their brewery at Dalry, Edinburgh

Also picked up in Edinburgh were two of these wagons

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:08:40 PM by Milton Rail, Reason: correction »

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: February 29, 2016, 08:10:43 PM »
Other better known brands also formed part of the train that will go some way to quenching the county's thirst

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: February 29, 2016, 08:22:58 PM »
One wagon dropped off at Auchterarder (Crieff Junction) for distribution to the local hostelries, it is also a favourite at the Dormy clubhouse at Gleneagles, the hard working pannier 9406 takes charge of marshalling it into the yard

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: February 29, 2016, 09:13:16 PM »
Ah, "Fremlins", of Maidstone, Kent! Their "Tusker" (1046; launched 1979, killed in 1985) was a very fine, beer. The "Castle Brewery", Cant Cove, has, for many years, a trading agreement with "Fremlins" going back to the days when railborne holidaymakers first travelled from Kent to Cornwall.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: March 01, 2016, 08:18:16 PM »
After January's display of loco's and coaches, the PRPS have started showing the public their demonstration trains - 1st up is their diminutive SR collection

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #216 on: March 01, 2016, 09:07:44 PM »
I did not know that you had a demonstration SR goods train, Andrew. That's a fine rake of banana vans. In the next parcel, I'll add some of the SR wagons / vans which you don't have, courtesy of the CLPG. 8-) The M7 looks very good in SR livery. (Mine, on loan to the CLPG, Trepol Bay, is BR Black Late Crest; in fact an identical twin to Martin's.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:36:32 PM by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2016, 09:13:35 PM »
Thanks Chris :)  This was the shortest & quickest demonstration train to assemble, the next ones are longer and will take a bit more time to marshal on the limited track that is currently available, but over the next few days, all the rolling stock is hoped to be making its public debut - maybe the LMS set next, but most likely the GWR :)

Cheers,
Andrew

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #218 on: March 01, 2016, 09:23:22 PM »
Thanks, Andrew. Brian (Mito) will definitely be interested in your LMS demonstration goods train as he has a good one of his own. (Much of the stock passed through Cant Cove.) Brian, John, Martin, and I, amongst others, will, I'm sure, be very interested in your GWR demonstration goods train as we all have our own.

ScottyStitch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #219 on: March 02, 2016, 07:05:10 AM »
One wagon dropped off at Auchterarder (Crieff Junction) for distribution to the local hostelries, it is also a favourite at the Dormy clubhouse at Gleneagles, the hard working pannier 9406 takes charge of marshalling it into the yard

Forgive my borderline pedantic-ness(a word? I think not) but it was Gleneagles that was Crieff Junction in a former life rather than Auchterarder.

If you have tweaked geography and history a little in the interests of your layout and artistic licence, then I apologise for my upstartness (not convinced that is a word either)...........

Lovely medicinal train, by the way.

Happy modelling.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: March 02, 2016, 01:33:53 PM »
Scotty, you are absolutely correct, I have shamelessly merged the former Crieff Junction (Gleneagles) and Auchterarder (just a few miles north) into one location, very much journalistic licence... and the fact I won't have space to model them individually and the fact my layout will bear no resemblance to the actual locations :)  (apologies to those who faithfully recreate station layouts in miniature)

In my post before, I got my fictitious locations and real locations confused!  I probably won't finalise the station names until I get some track down... want to include Blackford too as the Tullibardine distillery makes an appearance as part of the industry

If Upstartness is not a word, then it should be  :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Andrew

ScottyStitch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #221 on: March 02, 2016, 01:40:53 PM »
Scotty, you are absolutely correct, I have shamelessly merged the former Crieff Junction (Gleneagles) and Auchterarder (just a few miles north) into one location, very much journalistic licence... and the fact I won't have space to model them individually and the fact my layout will bear no resemblance to the actual locations :)  (apologies to those who faithfully recreate station layouts in miniature)

In my post before, I got my fictitious locations and real locations confused!  I probably won't finalise the station names until I get some track down... want to include Blackford too as the Tullibardine distillery makes an appearance as part of the industry

If Upstartness is not a word, then it should be  :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew, no such faithful fidelity from me either, I was just concerned in case you had made an inadvertent faux pas that would have caused problems later.

A regular photographic haunt of mine used to be Forteviot Level Crossing when I lived in Perth, so I know the Earn Valley reasonably well.

Scott

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: March 02, 2016, 03:12:27 PM »
Today sees the display of the GWR goods train, hauled here by a lovely Collett goods loco which the PRPS has taken temporary ownership of

These bogied coal wagons were rescued & restored by the Carriage & Wagon Dept (with advice from Bob at BR Lines) - I know that the fact only one bogie out of 10 has metal wheels will annoy some :)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: March 02, 2016, 03:16:00 PM »

The society has a bit of a choice when it comes to Guard vans, as they have several GWR examples to choose from for this train
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:15:41 PM by Milton Rail, Reason: Edit »

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: March 03, 2016, 07:16:52 PM »
After carefully sorting the GWR goods train back into the temporary "sidings" the LMS goods train was prepared for display with the Black 5 at the front of it

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £105.55
Above Goal: £45.55
Site Currency: GBP
176% 
March Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal