!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society  (Read 258430 times)

maridunian and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society - Construction
« Reply #1860 on: October 02, 2017, 10:37:58 AM »
Sounds like my kind of festival :)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1861 on: October 02, 2017, 11:07:03 AM »
After consuming a gallon of 'Old Peculiar' anything would have sounded OK but the headliners, Jethro Tull, blew everyone away. :D

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #1862 on: October 02, 2017, 12:27:41 PM »
I like the blue and grey Transwaggon ferry vans (as I remember them) so do have one, Andrew, although it is well out of my favoured time period 1957-1967!

Offline keithbythe sea

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #1863 on: October 02, 2017, 05:13:30 PM »
Like the green keepers hut roof, Redutex is great stuff!

As above, not sure that you have enough cider, based on NPN comments that is..... :laugh3:

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1864 on: October 03, 2017, 10:39:00 AM »
Some more unusual traffic on the branch line, the plans between the distllery and refinery are moving along to create a bio fuel - these old silver bullets have been sourced to transport "Draff" from the distillery to the refinery.  Draff is sugar rich kernels of barley which will be used along with Pot-ale to create the advanced bio-fuel - the team have brought in Professor Martin Tangney to assist in the development of the fuel.

The tankers get positioned within the distillery to receive the Draff

Shunting duties done for the day, 20192 takes away the guards van until required again.

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1865 on: October 04, 2017, 08:25:22 AM »
The Class 22 is certainly the workhorse of the region at the moment, seen here hauling a special freight - the old signal box at Dunning can be seen here in its sad dilapidated state

#

I am a bit of a sucker for branded items (not just model railways), the excuse for this train is that the big names in N Gauge made a big effort to support the Perth Model Railway Show this year and this is the empty stock being returned south :)

The numerous new markets opening up to the Tullibardine malts has necessitated an increase in dedicated rolling stock - to extend the reach of the distinctive brand as it travels the country, the distillery has decided to repaint the wagons to a distinctive livery - a rake of suitable wagons has been acquired by an agent wokring out of Prague on behalf of the distillery, they are seen here arriving at the PRPS workshops for repainting.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1866 on: October 04, 2017, 08:57:04 AM »
Thanks for the latest photo. updates, Andrew. Good to see that the rake of ex-BR Shoc-Vans arrived safely from Wadebridge where they had been collected by the local Yardmaster after fitting with vacuum brakes by the CLPG at Cant Cove. (They weren't repainted into BR Bauxite as they had been sold to the Tullibardine Distillery.)

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1867 on: October 05, 2017, 03:36:29 PM »
Even with just local advertising, the GWR celebration days on the PRPS were a resounding success, future events will be planned to celebrate SR, LMS and LNER.  Some photo's of the trains on display.  Pannier tank 6407 runns a small goods train onto the Dunning - Crieff "fruit" branch

An un-named castle has a run out with a collection of 4 wheel carriages and a WR BG

A rather crusty looking 7029 "Clun Castle" departs Tullibardine with a long rake of passenger stock carrying a number of dignitaries from the PRPS, GWS and CLPG plus other representatives from across the west country who are attending as special guests. The passengers have just enjoyed a behind the scene's tour of the distillery and are in a jovial mood after benefitting from copious amounts of "product testing"

Special guest "Nunney Castle" was consigned to a goods train to show off the PRPS collection of GWR wagons

Then it was the turn of the goods vans and covered wagons to be displayed,  6407 sits in the bay platform awaiting permission to depart with an enthusiasts brake van experience.

And this is how things look just now, I am heading home tonight and looking forward to getting stuck back into modelling!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:00:49 AM by Milton Rail, Reason: typo\'s »

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #1868 on: October 05, 2017, 06:51:52 PM »
Slightly unfortunate Typo in 'West country'
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1869 on: October 05, 2017, 08:19:28 PM »
'Clun Castle' is also 7029 - not 7028.
What have you been imbibing, Andrew? ;)

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #1870 on: October 05, 2017, 09:03:21 PM »
With the as yet, unweathered roof back on and a random placement of some implements from kits I have had a long time that I have finally painted up

I need to build up the terrain a bit to allow a path to be formed to let the golfers move from tee to green, I have been using the strip of plastic to make sure the lift out section does not get stuck in place.  I have had this Lyddle End Folly for a while and I was going to use as a bit of a halfway house for the players, harking back to the grander days of the estate when it's owners could embark on such constructions. It will be placed where the polyfilla is behind the tunnel entrance - its function these days is to provide welcome refreshments, a small selection of equipment and a comfort break facility.

In readiness for the upcoming GWR day, which has seen members of the CLPG & GWS travel north to attend and pick up some of the driver roster positions (and train the local drivers in the subtlties of GW loco operation), the hospitality team at Tullibardine had thought it would be a nice touch to have a couple of cases of west country cider delivered for the event.... you can imagine the yard masters bewilderment when this turned up!!!

A few phone calls later, including one to new local Tullibardine hotelier, Rusty Ryan, and the large consignment was duly distributed

I think the clue is in the last two photos. :D

Good on ya little Wurzel  :beers:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:23:20 PM by weave »

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1871 on: October 06, 2017, 10:07:38 AM »
Slightly unfortunate Typo in 'West country'

Thanks Laurence, I was worried there for a moment.... could have been a LOT more unfortunate!

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1872 on: October 06, 2017, 10:08:30 AM »
'Clun Castle' is also 7029 - not 7028.
What have you been imbibing, Andrew? ;)

It was the elixir known as "heading home day"!  :bounce:

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1873 on: October 06, 2017, 08:51:13 PM »
Many thanks for the GWR day photos., Andrew. I had also wondered about "Clun Castle" acquiring a new number. 8-)

The CLPG and GWS visitors were highly impressed not only with all the GWR locos. and rolling stock (far more than the GWS (Bodmin) or GWS (Port Perran) have judging by the goods train behind the 'Castle') but also their visit to the 'Tullibardine' Distillery.

A suitably weathered 'Conflat' for the HST cab will be heading to Perthshire, in due course.

Online cornish yorkie

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #1874 on: October 07, 2017, 10:09:36 PM »
 :hellosign: Many thanks for the updates &   :greatpicturessign: Andrew, wow you are making excellent progress  :thumbsup:
       regards Derek.
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal