!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society  (Read 202120 times)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society - Construction
« Reply #1155 on: February 16, 2017, 04:40:51 PM »
Bittern looks very realistic in that rather careworn livery and very much at home in the Scottish countryside.
Smashing stuff.

Really pleased with this one, it was a recent special treat to myself and the most expensive loco I have bought, being a DCC fitted, weathered, custom numbered/named loco from TMC

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1156 on: February 16, 2017, 05:24:34 PM »
While the negotiations went on with the Railway board at Crieff Hydro and Sean Connery got to grips with the Kings Course at Gleneagles (or maybe it was Ursula Andress) the locomen amused themselves by setting up a classic shot (taken from the cab roof of the ginormous J52)  :)

Also in the area was Austin Spindler, he got an even more elevated shot of the proceedings, though was careful to not get too close.

The refinery yard master was just pleased to get all his sidings cleared of non Hydrocarbon bearing rolling stock!

One of the passengers in the hot air balloon could only stretch to Ilford FP3 B&W film for his camera

The merriment & celebrations are expected to continue long into the night, to his dismay, farmer & local lothario Jim Finch, has been called away to attend to lambing duties

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #1157 on: February 16, 2017, 07:14:49 PM »
 Quote :"Sean Connery got to grips with the Kings Course at Gleneagles (or maybe it was Ursula Andress)"
Not sure how to read this ! Ha Ha - Was is Sean Connery getting to grips with Ursula Andres or Ursula Andres getting to grip with the King's Course !! :D :D
Love the A4s by the way - and the B&W photos.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1158 on: February 16, 2017, 07:53:56 PM »
 :angel:

I think the defining answer on how to read that will come from NPN :)

Thanks for the comments, the B&W's do look quite good (if only because it removed the colour cast I have been battling the last few months) :)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1159 on: February 17, 2017, 07:06:30 AM »
After all the high profile (or should that be low profile) A4's departed the branch, it was left to 525 A H Peppercorn to take the dignatries back down to the mainline (the deer don't seem to have been bothered by all the commotion though)

1000 Mayflower completes the tidy up

Offline Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #1160 on: February 17, 2017, 07:20:46 AM »
Andrew

Your last two pictures of Mayflower have reminded me of a question that I have had for a while concerning 4-6-0 locomotives. The first and second pairs of drivers are closer together than the second and third pair. This doesn't seem to happen with Pacifics. Mayflower is an LNER loco and yet we see the same thing on LMS class 5s (and BR 5MTs) and GWR Castle class 4-6-0s. Can anyone tell me why this seems to happen with 10-wheelers and not 4-6-2s?

Webbo

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1161 on: February 17, 2017, 08:27:14 AM »
Thanks for those latest photos Andrew.
Did all of the dinitaries manage to get back on board on time and with clear heads?

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1162 on: February 17, 2017, 10:18:56 AM »
Thanks Martin, there were  a few sore heads and a high demand for the cholesterol laden Full Highland Breakfast  :)  - so far, no one has been posted missing, though the Chelsea Girls are remaining tight lipped about all the going's on that they witnessed

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1163 on: February 17, 2017, 03:44:45 PM »
It is quite possible that we might be able to get a shot of the Wadebridge to Truro portion of the train on its way back on Sunday.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1164 on: February 17, 2017, 04:24:35 PM »
Andrew

Your last two pictures of Mayflower have reminded me of a question that I have had for a while concerning 4-6-0 locomotives. The first and second pairs of drivers are closer together than the second and third pair. This doesn't seem to happen with Pacifics. Mayflower is an LNER loco and yet we see the same thing on LMS class 5s (and BR 5MTs) and GWR Castle class 4-6-0s. Can anyone tell me why this seems to happen with 10-wheelers and not 4-6-2s?

Webbo

You got me there, but I see clearly what you mean now... which one is prototypical?

Offline Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #1165 on: February 17, 2017, 07:18:00 PM »
Andrew

Webbo

You got me there, but I see clearly what you mean now... which one is prototypical?

I think the irregular driver spacing on 4-6-0s is certainly prototypical. I was just curious as to why this seemed to happen frequently with this wheel arrangement.

Anyway, sorry about posting this question - I do not want to divert your thread. Perhaps, if anyone can provide some illumination on this subject, I would be grateful if they send me a PM.

Webbo

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+86)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1166 on: February 17, 2017, 08:31:24 PM »

Your pic so reminded me of the Great Gathering of A4's at York which I attended on 3rd July 2013.
Present were:- Mallard, Bittern, Sir Nigel Gresley, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Union of South Africa and Dominion of Canada.
I've never seen the NRM so crowded!
Outside they had some ghastly blue thing running up and down the yard :sick2:
'Tornado'

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #1167 on: February 18, 2017, 06:30:29 AM »
Outside they had some ghastly blue thing running up and down the yard :sick2:
'Tornado'
It's a pity you're not keen on Tornado.  It was built by enthusiasm and is currently running a scheduled service on the the Settle and Carlisle.  Perhaps we need some more new build steam locomotives to run more scheduled services.  No diesel particulates there!
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1168 on: February 18, 2017, 07:11:54 AM »
Continued with the wiring to the track I have laid so far and with the refinery sidings cleared after the A4 gathering, had a good "testing" session :)  (track is filthy though - need to fathom out the TOMIX japanese instructions)  - fixed all the self induced wiring shorts (misplaced IRJ's) and managed to create gaps where they need to be with the xurons' without needing to lift & relay

Added the circuit breaker for power district 3 that will supply the distillery boards and the remainder of the branch to Auchterarder

I am getting close to fitting the digitrax SEBX to the layout, I have been testing on DC so far (I have a lot of DCC loco's to fit chips to, so really need to set aside a day for that) - I plan to have a test loop tucked under the layout and will use the Zephyr on that.

As part of that, I will have a few plug in points around the layout - fitted the first one by the golf course

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #1169 on: February 18, 2017, 08:01:49 AM »
I do like the neat look of the undersides of your boards.  Mine a quite a mess in comparison.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575%