!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society  (Read 207017 times)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society - Construction
« Reply #1020 on: January 31, 2017, 09:56:52 AM »
Hi Chris, thank you - as you will see with upcoming updates, locomotives won't be a problem :)  finding shed space for them all might be though!  The PRPS has a few societies within it's ranks dedicated to specific classes of loco - there is the A4 Preservation Society.  When this society changed its name in 1999 to 'The Sir Nigel Gresley Locomotive Preservation Trust Ltd' a group of members elected to break away and retain the original name and pursue the preservation of other available A4's rather than maintaining just one.  They currently have 5 loco's and have close links to the owners of Mallard, Bittern, Union of South Africa & Sir Nigel Gresley.

There is also the 4F Association (Fictional) which is a sub society of the London Midland Society - they currently have 5 locomotives under their care. 

On the Diesel side there is a Class 101 society, a Class 47 Group and talk of a class 37 group forming

Once I get some decent scenic sections, I will get some photos of the work of all these groups, there is a big update on the A4 society coming soon with some exciting news of a new arrival to the PRPS

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #1021 on: January 31, 2017, 10:54:31 AM »
Sounds very exciting. Maybe the CLPG and GWS will be organising a BR SR special from Cornwall hauled by the 'Green Dragon' (BR Standard 5MT 4-6-0) for the A4 event? 8-)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1022 on: January 31, 2017, 11:24:37 AM »
A cordial invitation to attend the A4 gathering on the 16th February has been extended to the good folks of the CLPG & the GWS as special guests of the event being hosted by the PRPS and sponsored by the Tullibardine Distillery.  As many as six A4's are expected to be in steam for this gala event, sadly 3 others are at various stages of overhaul and will not be ready in time.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1023 on: January 31, 2017, 02:18:33 PM »
6 X A4s gathered at the NRM York on 3rd July 2013 so to match that number is indeed impressive :thumbsup:

Offline cornish yorkie

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #1024 on: January 31, 2017, 09:40:42 PM »
 :hellosign: Many thanks for the    :greatpicturessign: & updates Andrew, looking forward to seeing the A4s together
       regards Derek.

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1025 on: January 31, 2017, 09:47:35 PM »
A cordial invitation to attend the A4 gathering on the 16th February has been extended to the good folks of the CLPG & the GWS as special guests of the event being hosted by the PRPS and sponsored by the Tullibardine Distillery.  As many as six A4's are expected to be in steam for this gala event, sadly 3 others are at various stages of overhaul and will not be ready in time.
It is anticipated that the Headland Brewery (Port Perran) will despatch crates of a specially named ale for the event. Speculation is that as the brewery like to include gold in the names of their ales the beer could be named Golden Fleece.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1026 on: January 31, 2017, 10:10:43 PM »
As the "Headland Brewery" Express Goods vans are not ready yet, the "Castle Brewery" will send one of its new Extra-LWB dark blue livery roller-bearing fitted vans to Port Perran to pick up the special ales to add to its own ones plus Somerset and Breton ciders and the van will be added to the next express goods from Wadebridge to Nine Elms from where it will be forwarded to Perthshire.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1027 on: February 01, 2017, 05:40:32 AM »
It is with pleasure that the organising committee can confirm the presence of, recently returned to mainline duty, 4482 "Golden Eagle" at the A4 gathering, so a specially named ale bearing the name "Golden" would be most apt

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1028 on: February 01, 2017, 06:20:14 AM »
In other news, I painted the hot air balloon, the one we seen round here most often is a large red one, emblazoned with the logo of a well known airline owned by a music mogul :)

I also turned my attention to the track cleaners, need to fit the DCC board & chip.... but because I bought them in Japan.... the instructions are all in Japanese with cryptic diagrams!..... don't think Google translate can help me here!

I thought it might be fun to disguise them as Cinema Coaches, so with some great help from Adam at Electra Vinyls, I got some vinyls made up.

I did get one set fitted, but then it occurred to me that I wouldn't be able to open up and do the DCC chip, so I removed the side panels (should have taken a photo  :doh: )  ... but as I type this, am thinking I should have checked that first!  Must have been a wine infused decision!  I will try and blame the Japanese instruction sheet  :-[

Steamie+

« Reply #1029 on: February 01, 2017, 07:56:58 AM »
Brilliant modelling Andrew, i love all your painting. Must get myself a track cleaner myself when funds allow.  :thumbsup:

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1030 on: February 01, 2017, 08:36:45 AM »
It is with pleasure that the organising committee can confirm the presence of, recently returned to mainline duty, 4482 "Golden Eagle" at the A4 gathering, so a specially named ale bearing the name "Golden" would be most apt
Golden Eagle it is then.
More details will be released in due course.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1031 on: February 02, 2017, 06:18:29 AM »
Little bit more progress on the scenics, I started to "lay out" the golf course

The first two completed wagons (some finishing details on the underframes & the insides to paint aside) of what I hope will become a good size Caley Rly freight wagon collection - maybe one of these days there will be some RTR stuff - on which note, great to see the LNER coaches are finally getting a makeover by GF with the release of some new Thompson stock in the latest catalogue... better start saving now!  :)   Please ignore the woeful soldering on the track!  not sure where that rogue coupling came from..... Hopefully the headline in tomorrow's Courier won't be about a runaway train!

I picked up a few kits (with chassis I might add) in a saleroom auction - this is one of them

It is well made and already to go.... my only issue with the kit is its size, it is huge against other locomotives and rolling stock... will need to do some research and see if that was the case... maybe just sitting high on the chassis - will be a fun exercise to put a livery on it

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1032 on: February 02, 2017, 05:05:32 PM »
Coming along very well, Andrew. I look forward to seeing the J52 in its final livery. Being a metal kit it might have had to be a bit on the large size to fit over the pannier tank motor?

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1033 on: February 03, 2017, 06:00:31 AM »
Getting close to being ready to plant the viaduct legs (have marked their locations) and have shaped the closing piece for the backscene - ended up having to use a couple of screws too, the 3mm ply being a bit reluctant to stay flat!

Then I glued down the bit of Peco backscene and lined up the river on it with the river running under the viaduct

Some nearly completed wagons using transfers from Robbie - I have a thing about salt wagons (inexplicably) and close relatives in Broadstairs, hence the choice of merchant!

A small rake of CR freight wagons sitting at on platform 2 ...

The vitriol tanker painted & rebuilt, just needs a bit of touch up and research on what markings it would have had on it

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1034 on: February 03, 2017, 06:14:35 AM »
Thanks for the photos., Andrew. That is going to be a very impressive viaduct scene when everything is completed.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £35.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
58% 
December Donations

Advertise Here