!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Midsummer End GWR Layout - Available for Exibitions  (Read 12297 times)

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Midsummer End GWR Layout - Available for Exibitions
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2016, 07:14:06 PM »
Great pictures - thanks for posting.
I wish you well at the exhibition.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2016, 08:22:14 PM »
And good luck from me too. :thumbsup: A lovely set of photos.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=40567.0 125x60 and a bit.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2016, 09:52:26 PM »
Hi,

Great stuff, great detail. Jealous as always.

Good luck at your exhibition, you'll probably have less pressure and more fun than at AP.

Enjoy,

Prob no bar though so take a few cans  ;)

Cheers weave  :beers:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:54:13 PM by weave »

Offline midsummerend

• A Big Passion For A Small Scale
    • Essex N Gauge show
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2016, 10:17:37 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Yes the smaller shows do tend to be good fun, even if there's no bar :).

I will of course post some pics after the return.  I have just arranged a nice surprise for the exhibition this Saturday (subject to royal mail delivering on friday in time) so we'll have to see how that goes.

If anyone knows an exhibitions which would like to have midsummer attend, please get in touch!

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2016, 06:03:24 PM »
Thank you very much for a really excellent set of very atmospheric photos. Did you build the GWR streamlined diesel railcar? It looks very good.

Offline wookie

• N Gauge Society Number: 24741
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2016, 08:44:51 PM »
Did you build the GWR streamlined diesel railcar?
Yes, I was wondering about that too. Really unusual.

Offline midsummerend

• Essex N Gauge show
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2016, 09:21:01 PM »
Did you build the GWR streamlined diesel railcar?
Yes, I was wondering about that too. Really unusual.

Yes the GWR Streamlined Railcar is from BH Enterprises courtesy of Bob and Ray.  It's a fantastic little machine, nice runner and so nice to put together.

Offline midsummerend

• Essex N Gauge show
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2016, 09:27:52 PM »
Another addition to the layout this evening is a pair of WWII planes in the form of a Hurricane and Spitfire flying over Midsummer End station on there way back from protecting our shores.

The layout is off to exhibition tomorrow and I hope to get lots of positive feedback, as I've had so much on here.  Really looking forward to hearing everyones views tomorrow.

Offline midsummerend

• Essex N Gauge show
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2016, 08:09:33 PM »
Well It's been a while since I posted in this thread.  Mostly due to a variety of work commitments and because I haven't actually done anything on Midsummer End since it's last exhibition in April.  I know my last post was in March, and since then I have added a couple small bits of detail, namely a barrow crossing, and attended another exhibition in April at Chelmsford.  We have our next exhibition in a months time and there are some small bits to do before then.  I will be exhibiting alongside Apa Park at a Charity Show at St Johns Primary school in my fathers home town of Stoke on Trent, so that will be a great weekend at the end of July.

I have also started work on a new project which I anticipate taking a couple years to have ready for exhibition, this being a layout based on the Mid Hants Railway at Ropley.  I'm happy to start a new thread to follow construction if anyone wants to see this.

Recently Midsummer end has spent a lot of time in the front room just as a static display for various new items purchased for the heritage railway project.  Here are a few photos recently:

The above 3 photos show some GWR stock on the layout and shows the barrow crossing which has now been fitted at the Signal box.  The next few, just a few of the other locos I've had visiting midsummer end over the last couple months in readiness for the next project:

I hope you've enjoyed these pics and this small update.  I will be adding a frogmans hut to the layout shortly before it's next exhibition so I will post some updates on this also.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2016, 08:52:13 PM »
 :greatpicturessign:
Now we know who has created the shortage of Bubble cars ;)

Sadly I still won't be able to drive so will miss the show which is a shame as I've been every year for about the last 4 years and always enjoy the show :(

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2016, 08:53:09 PM »
Hi,

Nice pics again.

Definitely do a thread for your Mid Hants Railway at Ropley. I visited the railway years ago when I lived in Middlesex but have now lived in Hampshire for nearly a year and Ropley is only 16 miles away.

Been meaning to go but work, my layout and DIY orders from the boss has meant no time. Will pop along one day when the weather's better.

Looking forward to the build.

Cheers weave.

Offline midsummerend

• Essex N Gauge show
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2016, 09:29:29 PM »
Now we know who has created the shortage of Bubble cars ;)

I'm pleased to say that two of these aren't mine but belong to Callum (Apa Park), however I have since that photo acquired two others so you could be right about the bubble shortage.

Sadly I still won't be able to drive so will miss the show which is a shame as I've been every year for about the last 4 years and always enjoy the show :(

I will try my best to get some photos and videos for you to at least enjoy, sorry you won't be at the show as I would have been great to meet a fella ngf member.

Offline midsummerend

• Essex N Gauge show
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2016, 09:31:32 PM »
Definitely do a thread for your Mid Hants Railway at Ropley. I visited the railway years ago when I lived in Middlesex but have now lived in Hampshire for nearly a year and Ropley is only 16 miles away.

I will be sure to set up a thread shortly, although construction isn't yet beyond baseboard building.  Fortunately it can be produced in two modules and I will be beginning track laying over the weekend or early next week.  It won't be an exact replica of the Mid Hands Railway, as it has taken inspiration from the North York Moors Railway as well as from other similar lines.  I will set up the thread and post a link on here sortly

Offline midsummerend

• Essex N Gauge show
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2016, 10:21:25 PM »
For those interested, here is the link to the new thread http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=33690.0

Regards

Steve

Offline midsummerend

• Essex N Gauge show
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2016, 06:41:24 PM »
Hi all,

It's been a while since I updated the forum on Midsummer End.  It's still plodding along on the exhibition circuit.  It visited an exhibition in Stoke on Trent at the end of July and has 2 more shows in the coming weeks in Norfolk also.

I've just sent my Pannier Tank and Autocoach pairing off to CR Signals for fitting with various bits of kit including steam sounds, so that will add to the Railcar I've just fitted myself.

If your over near Wroxham this coming Saturday then pop into the J50 Loco Group exhibition in Nettishead and say hi.

Here is a little video for you all to enjoy of the Railcar with sound running in and out of Midsummer End today.

Back again soon.

Steven

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
March Donations

Advertise Here
anything