New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Kato Rhaetische Bahn series  (Read 45833 times)

Offline retica

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Kato Rhaetische Bahn series
« Reply #900 on: September 20, 2018, 02:55:08 AM »

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #901 on: September 20, 2018, 07:56:47 AM »

https://www.evoq.ch/en/projekte/rtr-radiotelevisiun-svizra-rumantscha-en/

The slogan wording slogan “al puls dal Grischun” is in the Romansh language and translates as "on the pulse in the Grisons".

I think the slogan is more like 'the Heartbeat of Grischun' or 'the beating heart of Grischun' or 'at the heart of Grischun'

I took the translation from the link I posted above. The full para there reads:
Central to the communication here is the newly-developed slogan “al puls dal Grischun” («on the pulse in the Grisons»). This gets straight to the heart of RTR’s objective: Broadcasting events as and when on the ground in Romansch-speaking areas of Switzerland. Radio and TV close to the local population, so close they can touch it and get involved.

I had previously tried online translation services but none I used would give any full result. Sadly (and understandably) RTR’s own webpages are only in Romansh, so getting the true meaning may require an email to them.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline retica

• Awards
« Reply #902 on: September 20, 2018, 08:28:30 AM »

https://www.evoq.ch/en/projekte/rtr-radiotelevisiun-svizra-rumantscha-en/

The slogan wording slogan “al puls dal Grischun” is in the Romansh language and translates as "on the pulse in the Grisons".

I think the slogan is more like 'the Heartbeat of Grischun' or 'the beating heart of Grischun' or 'at the heart of Grischun'

I took the translation from the link I posted above. The full para there reads:
Central to the communication here is the newly-developed slogan “al puls dal Grischun” («on the pulse in the Grisons»). This gets straight to the heart of RTR’s objective: Broadcasting events as and when on the ground in Romansch-speaking areas of Switzerland. Radio and TV close to the local population, so close they can touch it and get involved.

I had previously tried online translation services but none I used would give any full result. Sadly (and understandably) RTR’s own webpages are only in Romansh, so getting the true meaning may require an email to them.

Or you could ask a Swiss  ;)  It means more or less that the Radio is always there where the heart beats in the Kanton Graubunden. Always up to date. Your translation above is right.

steve

Offline daffy

• Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #903 on: September 20, 2018, 09:06:04 AM »
Doh!  :doh:  I should have thought of asking you, but old brain on tired shoulders, etc....

Thanks for clarifying the meaning for us all Steve.  :beers:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline Mike Beard

• N Gauge Society Number: 22460
    • Awards
« Reply #904 on: September 20, 2018, 09:35:04 AM »
Slippage!

Looking at the production schedule 10-1514    Ge4/4-II "Hakone Tozan Railway" + EW I Coach 3-Car Set (Especially Planned) has slipped from 30/09/2019 to early October.

Mike Beard.

Offline marco neri

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #905 on: September 20, 2018, 10:42:09 AM »
Hi,
Romansh langauge is a mix between Germany- Italian langauges, especially Lombard dialect also spoken on the Italian-Swiss border ( Canton Ticino)

Allegra!

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Offline retica

• Awards
« Reply #906 on: September 20, 2018, 10:52:46 AM »
Slippage!

Looking at the production schedule 10-1514    Ge4/4-II "Hakone Tozan Railway" + EW I Coach 3-Car Set (Especially Planned) has slipped from 30/09/2019 to early October.

Mike Beard.

It looks like it will be available from 26/09/2018 on. It is pink because it changed, before there was no date. Early October is further down on the list.

steve

Offline fitzgreyve

• Awards
« Reply #907 on: September 20, 2018, 11:51:42 AM »
While you have made a great effort to recreate the graphics, I can't avoid noticing that "Grischun" is missing the "c" on both sides.  :sorrysign:

B**ger, missed that when I made the decals, which was several months ago  :veryangry:

@fitzgreyve is the red part one decal with openings for the white paint under it ? Just paint a stripe of white and apply another decal on top.

The white end is painted white - the "red end" decal (i.e. half each side) is red print on white decal paper, while the individual "white end" decals are done separately on clear decal paper.
I could have done it all on "clear" against fully white body sides, but  didn't trust that the curves would show accurately, and doing full side transfers (as my ealier HCD livery) is a bit of a pain to accurately align (especially around the windows)

Offline Mike Beard

• Awards
« Reply #908 on: September 22, 2018, 11:59:09 AM »
Kato Glacier Express Box

Hi Folks,

Has anybody out there go a spare Glacier Express box they could sell me? I built mine up from odd aquisitions and built the buffet car from spares so if anybody has a spare box I could most definately put it to good use.

Thanks in Advance,

Mike Beard

Offline daffy

• Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #909 on: September 22, 2018, 04:54:25 PM »
I don’t have a spare box Mike, but there are plenty listed online. I just checked eBay and Amazon and they both have various versions of the superb green Kato foam lined ‘book’ cases at various prices.
The specific GE one is best but others would suit.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline daffy

• Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #910 on: September 22, 2018, 05:26:41 PM »
You probably know all this already Mike, but the Kato book case for the GE comes with the 4 car add-on set, 10-1146. The case itself shows two reference numbers on its spine: KT8000, and the barcode ref “4 949727 057248“.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline retica

• Awards
« Reply #911 on: September 25, 2018, 09:43:30 PM »
Slippage!

Mike Beard.

Now it has changed from Sep.26 to Middle Oct.  :confused2: , just takes off a little pressure on my wallet   :uneasy:

steve

Offline Mike Beard

• Awards
« Reply #912 on: September 25, 2018, 10:47:53 PM »
Slippage

If the loco and two coaches have slipped that's highly unusual. Perhaps it's not as easy to print Chinese as Japanese or perhaps they have a letter wrong - easily done.

Either way your right, it will be a week before Hobbysearch invoice me so third week in October that it strikes.

Still working in "Fillet of Filisur" design. Scan the N Gauge Society stuff tomorrow - honest!

Mike Beard.

Offline retica

• Awards
« Reply #913 on: October 03, 2018, 08:35:20 PM »
Hmm, ok...

(not my picture, property of Kato)

steve

Offline Gizzy

• Awards
« Reply #914 on: October 04, 2018, 10:38:31 AM »
Hullo,

I'm new to the forum, having been purchasing Kato RhB stock over the last year.

I recently brought the Ge4/4II 'Untervaz' from Switzerland and a Ge4/4III in Co-op livery from Scograil.

I have collected the BEX, GEX, and EWIV coaches, a few more Ge4/4III, and I brought an Allegra from a mate at a great price.

I'm collecting Kato track and I hope to build a RhB themed layout over the winter.

I'm very impressed with these models. They are a far cry from when I last dabbled in N 20 odd years ago....
Gizzy

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £120.00
Above Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
218% 
December Donations

Advertise Here