!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Great North of Scotland Railway  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
Re: Great North of Scotland Railway
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2020, 06:13:07 PM »
Whereabouts in the 'shire are you Corbie, if you don't mind me asking?

Nearest town would be Ellon; local station was Pitlurg, which I'm planning to feature on the layout.

That's a wee bit far for a day trip for me to teach you the 'dark art' you alluded to, but if we are ever up that way for a weekend I'll give you a shout.

Offline Corbie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 12314
    • Instagram
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2020, 09:04:57 PM »

Nearest town would be Ellon; local station was Pitlurg, which I'm planning to feature on the layout.

That's a wee bit far for a day trip for me to teach you the 'dark art' you alluded to, but if we are ever up that way for a weekend I'll give you a shout.

You would be very welcome.
Pre-grouping steam / LNER / early BR.

Offline NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2020, 10:55:43 PM »

Southern shire here, towards Montrose.

I've walked/cycled the Formartine & Buchan way  many times....

Best

Scott
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 10:57:38 PM by NGS-PO »
(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Anxiety is a lot like a toddler. It never stops talking, tells you youíre wrong about everything, and wakes you up at 3am.

I get nervous about just about everything. Sometimes I literally donít know why Iím anxious. I just am and no-one seems to understand that.

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2020, 09:33:18 AM »
I don't suppose any of you get involved with the FerryHill Heritage Trust?

Offline Corbie

• Instagram
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2020, 09:47:43 AM »
I don't suppose any of you get involved with the FerryHill Heritage Trust?

Funnily enough I was just looking at the youtube videos, yesterday, of the 60009 Union of South Africa visiting the turntable restored (I think) by the Ferryhill Heritage Trust, and it was the first of me knowing about it. I believe the Aberdeen Model Railway Club also meets there, though I've not been along yet. I'm around 40 mins drive away. But I'll get along sometime soon.

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2020, 09:53:04 AM »
I've a friend who lives in Stonehaven, We lived in the same building in Saudi, and were both building boats in the yard. He volunteers at Ferryhill.

I've been to Stonehaven (before he moved there) and to Buchan (where the big green things used to spin round in circles..)

Offline Corbie

• Instagram
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2020, 04:54:16 PM »
A few hours were spent today, wiring up the Wye. I've set up a separate small bus for all the track and points that are part of the wye and its extension, and connected these up to the auto-reverse module which arrived yesterday.
I also built a shelf under the baseboard today, and started making the control board.
While waiting for my DCC controller to arrive I thought I'd make a start in connecting up a Cobalt Digital IP point motor. The manual says it can be used with DC, which is what I have at the moment- a Gaugemaster dual controller. I connected the two track wires to terminals 1 and 2, and a simple push switch to terminals 7 and 9, but couldn't get it to show any life at all. I checked that power was coming through the wires. So I phoned DCC Concepts and the chap there told me the Gaugemaster controller wouldn't do- it needs to be a regulated 12v supply (I thought the Gaugemaster 12v supply was regulated). In fact, I might have fried the motor  >:(
So nothing for it but to sit back and wait for the DCC system to arrive.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal