!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Lostwithiel MkIII  (Read 22373 times)

Offline Ensign Elliott

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Lace Wars
    • Awards
Re: Lostwithiel MkIII
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2015, 04:50:53 PM »
Some pics of todays work...

(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2015, 05:09:32 PM »
Looks excellent. That was quick work.

Offline scotsoft

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Scottish n' Newcastle
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2015, 06:01:01 PM »
Wow, you work fast  :NGaugersRule:

You have created a great place for taking different views of your trains as you have shown in your pictures.

Very nice work  :greatpicturessign:

Cheers John.

Offline NeMo

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23720
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2015, 06:55:28 PM »
Looks fantastic! If only I had this sort of space. Extremely evocative of a hot, sunny day in the West Country. Of course it'd look even better with a 'Western' hauling some china clay hoods or a dozen milk tankers...

Cheers, NeMo

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2015, 06:59:08 PM »
Looks fantastic! If only I had this sort of space. Extremely evocative of a hot, sunny day in the West Country. Of course it'd look even better with a 'Western' hauling some china clay hoods or a dozen milk tankers...

Cheers, NeMo

A 'Western' hauling some china clay hoods or a dozen milk tankers would indeed look superb in this cutting.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2015, 07:03:29 PM »
Great pictures.
They create a real sense of space.
Great stuff.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Mr PJ

• N Gauge Society Number: 25884
  • 148: 1 and 1:1 classic 80's diesels...
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2015, 07:32:46 PM »
Wow - some excellent looking scenery here, and all in place very quickly!
I am still a long way off starting scenic work on my new layout, I still have one storage yard a large amount of electrics to do first.
Will you be using backscenes to further enhance the layout?

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2015, 09:30:49 PM »
I reckon the cutting is going to look awesome. Personally I wouldn't be too concerned about the odd lumpy bit :no:

Nice of you to prove me right :thumbsup:

Offline JasonBz

• Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2015, 10:12:27 PM »
I do like the low level long shots down the cutting :)

Made me think of leaving Shiilingham* Tunnel just west of St Germans and the naughtily named by some,   :censored: Cutting

*aka Wivelscombe Tunnel - never sure which name is correct, if either.

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2015, 11:02:14 PM »
Great stuff,

I think God would have been impressed by the speed of your creation.

Lovely work and looking forward to more.

Anyway, back to the wine, watching Match of the day 2 and not doing anything on the layout. I feel ashamed.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2015, 08:17:45 AM »
Great stuff,

I think God would have been impressed by the speed of your creation.

Lovely work and looking forward to more.

Anyway, back to the wine, watching Match of the day 2 and not doing anything on the layout. I feel ashamed.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Your friends 'in the West Country' are looking forward to your Breton layout develop, Weave. 8-)

Offline Ensign Elliott

• Lace Wars
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2015, 09:29:32 AM »
Thanks all for the comments :)

SHMBO was at her parents all weekend making her wedding dress so I had the whole weekend free at home to spend doing the layout. Really pleased with the results though it still needs a few more finishing touches. I did wonder about a line of telegraph poles running up the same side as the platelayers hut??

I now have a nice scenic area to watch my Warley purchases run on next weekend :)

Will you be using backscenes to further enhance the layout?

I don't think so. I'm not really a fan of the backscenes I've seen. I've painted the room a sky blue colour so when looking at the layout at eye level from most angles (apart from the window), it doesn't look too bad.

Will try and oblige with some clay pics this evening!

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2015, 09:45:25 AM »
I think a line of telegraph poles running up the same side as the platelayers hut would look very good. I think they were still in use in the 1970s, at least.

Offline Ensign Elliott

• Lace Wars
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2015, 09:53:52 AM »
I think a line of telegraph poles running up the same side as the platelayers hut would look very good. I think they were still in use in the 1970s, at least.

Indeed.

Chris, I really like the fact that you run trains between the forum's Cornish layouts of Port Perran, Cant Cove etc.. I seem to remember seeing a map somewhere of the locations of the various layouts.

Now I have a scenic area, I'd like to take part if I may? What do I need to do??

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2015, 10:38:43 AM »
Good morning. Thanks for your reply. You're very welcome to join in. It's a very informal group of friends modelling roughly from the 1950s to 1960s in the steam / diesel era. Some of us start earlier and some finish later in the period. Martin and I model BR WR and SR (steam and diesel locomotives and railcars) but with preserved GWR and SR steam trains, goods and passenger, running. John models BR WR and LMR in the West Midlands from the GWR into the BR Blue period and beyond. Brian models pre-BR and into the 1950s and early 1960s with LMS / LMR and GWR / WR. Brian, Martin and I all have PO wagons and vans in special liveries (and I have promised to make transfer sheets for them all). We also try to co-ordinate common locos. and rolling stock for 'through' running, as you've mentioned, if not the same running numbers, at least the same type. There are other forum members who also enjoy participating in the special trains program, too.

We have racehorse specials (in addition to the GF BR Standard horseboxes, I'm painting a batch of old GD wooden-bodied and Lima metal-bodied ones in BR Crimson & Satin Black liveries) plus will all have single- and double-bolster timber wagons in BR Late Bauxite and new "Castle Estates" liveries. (Brian has made some very realistic timber and log loads for them.) Please, PM me if you'd like any of these special rolling stock as I'll be finishing and posting them off, next month. I'm also finishing a few more "Sam's Cider" single-vent vans, too, which we all have one of but Brian needs more of for his local cidermaker. (Pictures of all of these can be found on my Cant Cove thread.) Martin and I have thriving local breweries which co-operate to resist the march of Whitbreads into the West Country! A range of vans and Conflat containers are available for or local businesses plus the "Castle Estates" is investing in a modern (1960s) fleet of LWB wagons and vans for fat goods services beyond Cornwall, including Ferry wagons for trade with the Continent, including, soon, Brittany.

The Cornish Loco. Preservation Group (branches in North, West and South Cornwall) that preserves and supports the running of SR and BR Standard steam locos., together with the Great Western Society (branches in the same parts of Cornwall, plus the west Midlands) that preserves and supports the running of GWR steam locos. and diesel railcars plus the Mid-Somerset Railway Preservation Society which is, I understand, starting at Withy Junction, all like to run special trains to visit friendly lines, discuss railways, drink beer and cider, and enjoy good local food.

On a larger scale, BR WR, SR, LMR and even ER run special through trains in connection with the program of special trains at holiday season (and there will be many this Christmas / New Year). So, you're very welcome to send and receive special passenger trains of any length and (almost) any period in BR days and send and receive goods wagons and vans. Between us we have most of the common Graham Farish and Peco stock plus some of the more modern Dapol and GF by Bachmann ones.

As you have a 14XX and autocoach that could be one of the first visitors. 8-)

And, of course, I cannot forget the very popular "Chelsea Girls" and the BR 'Fat Controller' who also put in appearances.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £250.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £175.00
Below Goal: £75.00
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
February Donations

Advertise Here