!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: City of Truro  (Read 3852 times)

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
Re: City of Truro
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2018, 10:36:06 AM »
Still got to find a spare moment to add the Snowwolflair transfers to my COT.

Bob

That's your Christmas Day treat, isn't it?! 

Hope I can get an unpainted one out of the next batch that Colin does if he doesn't do the red-framed version.

That is quite correct! Hopefully after presents and Church and before alcohol :)

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
Re: City of Truro
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2018, 07:08:32 PM »
Hi everyone

Just finished lining my COT using Snowwolflair's transfers. Needed to prove to myself that I am a modeller and not just a collector :)

I managed to mangle some of them, so great job there was enough for two COTs on my sheet.
Looking at Snowwolflair's pic on page 5 above, I notice I have missed the fourth and seventh boiler bands off.
But I have done the third boiler band, having looked at certain pics I have and discovered it was lined.
I also found photos that have the rear of the tender lined in this livery, so I did a cut and shut on the tender transfers to do that too.

I think too much lining can make a model look too heavy in N, and as the boiler bands I had missed are the ones on the joins between different shapes (e.g. seventh is between boiler and cab) and the cab and smokebox are also lined, I thought I'd stop before I went too far!

I think it really sets off the UM model. Now just to tone down those buffers :)

Hope you like.
Happy New Year from a Southern Modeller  :beers:

Bob

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £315.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
105% 
January Donations

Advertise Here