!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: My first model railway build.  (Read 104758 times)

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: My first model railway build.
« Reply #645 on: June 12, 2016, 07:09:11 PM »
That all looks very neat and tidy.
Coming along well I think.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #646 on: June 12, 2016, 07:17:30 PM »
By the two sidings you can have nothing except a fenced off with an entrance gate surfaced area for road vehicles to load / unload the rail wagons and vans, through a goods crane to a goods crane on a loading platform to a small goods shed, coal bins, a cattle dock, etc. It all depends on how developed the surrounding area is what sort of goods traffic would be handled there.

Offline Marcus Amison

• Awards
« Reply #647 on: June 18, 2016, 03:06:36 AM »
Hello. Ive changed my station entrance to something hopefully more realistic. I will now start to build up the scenery around the ramp and footpath running along side before choosing any hand rails or fences as I'm not really sure how it's going to turn out. My birthday today, I'm now an old fart of 53 so looking forward to the BBQ planned.... Then back in the shed. Perfect :beers:

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #648 on: June 18, 2016, 04:59:51 AM »
That's looking good. Happy birthday you old.........hang on there just minute, you're nowt but a young whippersnapper - enjoy the BBQ  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #649 on: June 18, 2016, 06:51:35 AM »
Thanks for the photo. update, Marcus. That's looking far more realistic. I'd continue, though, the road in front of the station to the left to incorporate a wider turning area so that vehicles, after dropping off people, can drive back. If you're going to have a bus stop outside the station (integrated public transport) then the turning area needs to be wide enough for a bus. You might also place steps up from the car park so that railway users can get directly to and from the station. I'd also place a pavement strip directly outside the station. Happy Birthday; you're still a young 'un compared with many of us! 8-)

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #650 on: June 18, 2016, 06:53:22 AM »
Happy birthday, mate. The station forecourt is going to look good!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #651 on: June 18, 2016, 07:20:07 AM »
Coming along nicely. :thumbsup:

Have a great birthday and hope it stays dry for the BBQ.

Dave G

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #652 on: June 18, 2016, 08:39:00 AM »
That looks really good.
Happy Birthday.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Online Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #653 on: June 18, 2016, 08:47:10 AM »
Happy Birthday Marcus  :thumbsup:

That vender of hot beverages looks familiar  :hmmm:

Skyline2uk

Offline Marcus Amison

• Awards
« Reply #654 on: June 18, 2016, 09:03:27 AM »
Thanks for the photo. update, Marcus. That's looking far more realistic. I'd continue, though, the road in front of the station to the left to incorporate a wider turning area so that vehicles, after dropping off people, can drive back. If you're going to have a bus stop outside the station (integrated public transport) then the turning area needs to be wide enough for a bus. You might also place steps up from the car park so that railway users can get directly to and from the station. I'd also place a pavement strip directly outside the station. Happy Birthday; you're still a young 'un compared with many of us! 8-)
Hi Chris. The station will incorporate a single bus stop and small car park,where the cars are now was my intended car park / drop off point with just a couple of handicapped slots directly outside station entrance. I don't want to go too large as this is primarily a small town station. I wasn't sure if I should continue the footpath from the entrance ramp up to the station entrance, maybe a cross hatch or zebra crossing, because this isn't a drive by type of station( plus I've got a couple of beacons lying around I'd like to use) I still have the stairs I made previously, I was thinking of using these from car park to station level. What do you think? :hmmm:

Offline Marcus Amison

• Awards
« Reply #655 on: June 18, 2016, 09:05:06 AM »
Coming along nicely. :thumbsup:

Have a great birthday and hope it stays dry for the BBQ.

Dave G
weathers looking good so far, fingers crossed :beers:

Offline Marcus Amison

• Awards
« Reply #656 on: June 18, 2016, 09:06:28 AM »
That's looking good. Happy birthday you old.........hang on there just minute, you're nowt but a young whippersnapper - enjoy the BBQ  :beers:
I'll send you a burger :beers:

Offline Marcus Amison

• Awards
« Reply #657 on: June 18, 2016, 09:09:17 AM »
Happy Birthday Marcus  :thumbsup:

That vender of hot beverages looks familiar  :hmmm:

Skyline2uk
unfortunately, I visit way too many. Wife keeps telling me I'm getting fatter.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #658 on: June 18, 2016, 09:58:31 AM »
Hi Chris. The station will incorporate a single bus stop and small car park,where the cars are now was my intended car park / drop off point with just a couple of handicapped slots directly outside station entrance. I don't want to go too large as this is primarily a small town station. I wasn't sure if I should continue the footpath from the entrance ramp up to the station entrance, maybe a cross hatch or zebra crossing, because this isn't a drive by type of station( plus I've got a couple of beacons lying around I'd like to use) I still have the stairs I made previously, I was thinking of using these from car park to station level. What do you think? :hmmm:

Hi Marcus,

What you describe above sounds an excellent solution. Yes, I would continue the footpath from the entrance ramp up to the station entrance with a zebra crossing, not least so you can use those Belisha beacons. Using the stairs you made previously, from the car park to station level, for passengers to go directly into the station so they didn't miss their morning train would be very good! 8-)

I hope you have very good weather for the barbeque. It's nice and sunny, here.

Offline Marcus Amison

• Awards
« Reply #659 on: June 18, 2016, 10:09:11 AM »

Hi Marcus,

What you describe above sounds an excellent solution. Yes, I would continue the footpath from the entrance ramp up to the station entrance with a zebra crossing, not least so you can use those Belisha beacons. Using the stairs you made previously, from the car park to station level, for passengers to go directly into the station so they didn't miss their morning train would be very good! 8-)

I hope you have very good weather for the barbeque. It's nice and sunny, here.
Rhx. Dull and overcast here, but fingers crossed. 8)

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal