!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: My first model railway build.  (Read 104312 times)

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
Re: My first model railway build.
« Reply #630 on: June 09, 2016, 06:48:56 PM »
Scary steriods!

I understand that the Dapol N gauge valanced A4s are on their way but I'm going to be exceptionally good and pretend I don't know that! :worried:

Dave G

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #631 on: June 09, 2016, 07:45:36 PM »

Quick, that A4 has been exposed to radiation!

Skyline2uk

Or maybe genetically modified  :worried:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Marcus Amison

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #632 on: June 09, 2016, 08:48:02 PM »
Something not quite right here. Just can't seem to put my finger on it!

Mallardzilla :D

Quick, that A4 has been exposed to radiation!

Skyline2uk

Offline Marcus Amison

• Awards
« Reply #633 on: June 09, 2016, 08:51:50 PM »
Scary steriods!

I understand that the Dapol N gauge valanced A4s are on their way but I'm going to be exceptionally good and pretend I don't know that! :worried:

Dave G
The A4 class have always been a favourite of mine. Ill have one gracing my layout before Long. :thumbsup:

Online Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #634 on: June 09, 2016, 08:55:59 PM »
Mallardzilla :D

Ha!

That's a film I would watch  ;D

Skyline2uk

Offline Marcus Amison

• Awards
« Reply #635 on: June 12, 2016, 02:45:20 PM »
 :hellosign: this will probably be my last post for a while. I'm finding trying to load any images onto the forum so frustrating. I'm getting fed up seeing the error message " you don't have permission to upload this image to your gallery"
I will still be posting onto the new railway modellers forum though, as I don't have any issues posting updates.
It's been a number of weeks having difficulties, but hopefully I can return once it's finally resolved. :thankyousign:

Online Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #636 on: June 12, 2016, 02:59:57 PM »
Sorry to hear your leaving us Marcus even if only for a while, Don't leave for good though, by the way it took me over a year or more to learn how to put photos in my folder with several members help, but I managed to put two new folders and a new photo into one of my existing folders with no help at all with the new system .I'm sure if you persisted you will get the hang of it I found it was a lot easier.
Bob

Offline Pengi

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #637 on: June 12, 2016, 03:30:58 PM »
:hellosign: this will probably be my last post for a while. I'm finding trying to load any images onto the forum so frustrating. I'm getting fed up seeing the error message " you don't have permission to upload this image to your gallery"
I will still be posting onto the new railway modellers forum though, as I don't have any issues posting updates.
It's been a number of weeks having difficulties, but hopefully I can return once it's finally resolved. :thankyousign:
Sorry you are having problems Marcus, we'll look into it for you  :pmsign:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Offline Marcus Amison

• Awards
« Reply #638 on: June 12, 2016, 05:12:49 PM »
I think I've work out what I was doing wrong. Just a few snaps of work carried out on layout, platform canopies came out better than I thought. Final droppers wired up, this made a huge difference to operating satisfaction, fiddly, but well worth it. My crane arrived from China, nice detail, perfect for helping build turbines. The station entrance will be changed thx to a few points by Chris in Prague, so that's what I'll be concentrating on next.  :beers:

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #639 on: June 12, 2016, 05:18:19 PM »
Thanks, Marcus, for another excellent set of photos. Glad to be of help with the station entrance area.

Offline Marcus Amison

• Awards
« Reply #640 on: June 12, 2016, 05:19:27 PM »
Sorry to hear your leaving us Marcus even if only for a while, Don't leave for good though, by the way it took me over a year or more to learn how to put photos in my folder with several members help, but I managed to put two new folders and a new photo into one of my existing folders with no help at all with the new system .I'm sure if you persisted you will get the hang of it I found it was a lot easier.
Bob
all sorted I think now Bob. :beers:

Offline Marcus Amison

• Awards
« Reply #641 on: June 12, 2016, 05:53:20 PM »
Thanks, Marcus, for another excellent set of photos. Glad to be of help with the station entrance area.
I found this on the net. Do you think something similar but with larger frontage, maybe incorporating a small car park area may be more suitable?

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #642 on: June 12, 2016, 06:29:42 PM »
Hi Marcus, yes, that would work. There were stations which had a Station Road sloping up to the station entrance from lower ground when the station was built on a line which was running on an embankment, for example. The key is to imagine how the land was shaped BEFORE the railway was built through the local landscape. In real life, very few areas of ground are completely flat. There are, usually, slopes up or down.

Offline Marcus Amison

• Awards
« Reply #643 on: June 12, 2016, 06:46:13 PM »
Hi Marcus, yes, that would work. There were stations which had a Station Road sloping up to the station entrance from lower ground when the station was built on a line which was running on an embankment, for example. The key is to imagine how the land was shaped BEFORE the railway was built through the local landscape. In real life, very few areas of ground are completely flat. There are, usually, slopes up or down.
This, I think will probably be the most difficult part of build to get right. I don't want to go overboard with buildings on this part of layout, I fancy just the station with a few small hills, although I'm not sure what to have placed by the two sidings.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #644 on: June 12, 2016, 07:06:35 PM »
To keep the land for sidings level, the land they were laid on was either built up on an embankment or dug out of the ground with surrounding banks but don't forget to allow for road access. 8-)

Here is a very good example of a station area built INTO the landscape:

http://trainslayouts.co.vu/diypdfplans/wp-content/upload/2013/12/train/good-model-train-scenery.jpg

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal