!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Revolution Trains propose modern TEA fuel tanker as second model  (Read 96228 times)

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
Re: Revolution Trains propose modern TEA fuel tanker as second model
« Reply #570 on: May 30, 2019, 09:58:15 PM »

Hello Ron,

The numbers are building steadily but we are not there yet.

I think we all know that the N gauge market - unlike 00 - has little depth.  Manufacturers (think Hornby/Arnold Brighton Belle) have been caught out before re-releasing models too soon.

I think we are looking at early next year for the next run of these tankers, and we won't take any money until we are at the point of being ready to authorise production.

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline Spanners70

• Awards
« Reply #571 on: October 25, 2019, 08:32:31 PM »
How much are these going for on eBay ?! I missed the initial order os been looking on eBay for some. There were two sets of green energy triple packs each went for 175 for the pack of 3 tank wagons, tonight one triple pack went for 202 !!!! Unbelievable .... guess I wont be having any way beyond my budget

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #572 on: October 25, 2019, 08:38:40 PM »
How much are these going for on eBay ?! I missed the initial order os been looking on eBay for some. There were two sets of green energy triple packs each went for 175 for the pack of 3 tank wagons, tonight one triple pack went for 202 !!!! Unbelievable .... guess I wont be having any way beyond my budget

You can register your interest in the 2nd run here.

EDIT: Sorry, no you can't, it's closed. When did that happen? I don't recall reading anything. :dunce:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 08:41:31 PM by RailGooner »
We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland, UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #573 on: October 25, 2019, 08:49:55 PM »
Whilst I dont want to speak for them when I spoke to Ben at TINGS he said the second run had very little interest. Disappointing, Id have had another 15 without hesitation.

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #574 on: October 25, 2019, 08:58:26 PM »
That is a shame. If those folk stumping up 202 for a triple set on ebay, went for two 2nd run triple sets instead... :hmmm: it would only help a little. But it is frustrating seeing folk paying big money on ebay, while the 2nd run struggles for support.
We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland, UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline StufromEGDL

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • So there's a picture of the real thing like that??
    • Awards
« Reply #575 on: October 25, 2019, 08:59:06 PM »
Hi Gang,

Interesting to read that there is little interest in a 2nd run. Not wholly surprising though as the model for purchase is ‘order now or lose out’...meaning that most people will meet their needs on the first run. Unfortunately, the new livery choices...eg, different eco livery and Heathrow fuel are probably not enough to generate sufficient sales to get another run viable.

I also worry that the same effect may be prevalent in the Pendolino 2nd run project as , although the ‘flowing silk’ livery is attractive, the recent news of the Virgin franchise change renders it very short-lived...and I feel that this will work against a repeat run.

I really hope that I can be proved wrong as I want some Heathrow tankers and a couple of new Pendos!!!

Later,
Stu from EGDL
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #576 on: October 25, 2019, 09:06:46 PM »
Yep, I too was looking forward to some Heathrow tankers. Was also hoping to double the length of my rake of Greenergy. I contemplated ordering two or three Greenergy triple sets first time round. But I made a positive decision to just buy one triple and wait and support any further runs. :doh:

Online Merrylee

• Awards
« Reply #577 on: October 25, 2019, 10:06:27 PM »
 ??? :'( :'( :'(

Ron

Offline Graham

• N Gauge Society Number: 20459
  • Modelling modern image
    • Awards
« Reply #578 on: October 25, 2019, 10:08:42 PM »
this will be disappointing if true, I expressed interest in another rake and was looking forward to them.

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #579 on: October 25, 2019, 11:05:48 PM »
Hello all,

I'm as disappointed as anyone that the second run of TEAs hasn't reached critical mass yet, but let's not get too downhearted.  I still think we may be in a position to commission some more TEAs next year.

Lots of traders have told us that the N gauge market has very little depth, and that seems to be borne out here.

However, one of the main aims of Revolution is to make N more attractive to those entering the hobby or modellers from other scales (after all, N is by far the most popular scale in Japan, and is not far behind HO in the States) by ensuring there is more choice, and that continues to be our aim.

Once last point of interest: I thought of the new run the aviation fuel TEAs would be really popular, but it's more EWS that are leading the field by some margin!

Cheers

Ben A.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 11:06:56 PM by Ben A »

Online Pete @ EGLM

• N Gauge Society Number: 7447
    • Awards
« Reply #580 on: October 25, 2019, 11:30:59 PM »
Not sure Id want a flowing silk Pendolino.  As others have said the franchise change will produce new colours ensuring the shortlivedness of the livery, however attractive it is, and consequently difficult to justify.
 Id be up for the Heathrow TEAs though.

Pete @ EGLM

Offline Snowwolflair

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #581 on: October 26, 2019, 12:12:57 AM »
When Borris stops the rail franchises I'm looking forward to the Pendolino in express green with orange lining and the lion and wheel logos.

Online Merrylee

• Awards
« Reply #582 on: October 26, 2019, 09:28:51 AM »
I would have thought it would be a lot easier to do a re run, with all design, tooling etc all in place. The hard work is done.
I would have thought the order quantity would not have to be as great.
 Obviously with the exception of new livery developments which
 need to go through the approval process.
Even if the livery choice had to be cut back to see if modellers would change their choice, may work.
EWS was the ones I didnt vote for as wanted a splash of colour on my layout.
Green Energy and VTG.
But yes would consider diverting my choice to EWS if i had to.

Ron

Offline alibuchan

• My page on shapeways
    • Awards
« Reply #583 on: October 26, 2019, 10:01:42 AM »
The order quantity would be set by the factory making them. They probably will not make a low numbers run as it is uneconomical for them to do so. They still have to pay the same amount of people to make 1000 as to make 2500. But because the moulding machines, tampo printers, and countless other devices are in use they cant make another model at the same time they will be losing money. Rapido would also have to fit these around their many other models that they have in production.

I bought 18 when they were first released as it was billed as a miss it miss out product run, Im sure many other people bought a rake too, which is why it is not yet hitting its target.

They maybe stopped at the moment, but that doesnt mean that they wont be remade in 2020/21.

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #584 on: October 26, 2019, 10:13:14 AM »
Its easy to think that high second hand values means theres a buoyant market too, and thus a new run will be a sure fire seller, but other things have been re-issued in similar circumstances and hung around, and Im sure Ben and Mike dont want 1,500 TEAs sat in their living rooms or on their balance sheet!

Im certainly hopeful they do reach critical mass, Id be tempted by a rake of the aviation fuel ones as well as an EWS/VTG rake to help it gain traction.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £85.00
Site Currency: GBP
15% 
June Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal