!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Saxon Street : (R.O.A. layout)  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Train Waiting

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
Re: Saxon Street : (R.O.A. layout)
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2019, 10:23:59 AM »
That is a spiffing church that you've built, Alec.  I intend to build one soon.  If it ends up half as good as yours I'll be delighted.

I agree completely that the war memorial and garden will be an ideal use of the space beside the church.

All the very best.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1920s to the 1950s.

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2019, 10:32:13 AM »
I don't think the occupants of the cemetery would be impressed with the loud rumblings a few feet underneath them  :D   

I'd be worried about the church foundations as it is - I presume it doesn't have a crypt?

I have the same problem!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 10:35:29 AM by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Invicta Alec

• Awards
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2019, 12:20:42 PM »
That is a spiffing church that you've built, Alec.  I intend to build one soon.

John

John,

Its a Metcalfe church and as I remember I found it one of their very easiest models to build. I think one of these on your layout would look just the bizzo! Poppingham St.Marks maybe?

https://www.metcalfemodels.com/product/pn926-n-scale-parish-church/

Alec.

Offline Invicta Alec

• Awards
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2019, 12:26:02 PM »

I'd be worried about the church foundations as it is - I presume it doesn't have a crypt?

Of course it has a crypt Nick! I leave no stone unturned in my endeavours to achieve modelling perfection  :)

Alec.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2019, 03:28:32 PM »
I don't think the occupants of the cemetery would be impressed with the loud rumblings a few feet underneath them  :D   

It would probably help settle them into their new home, although it might scare the local populace if they were to moan about the loud rumblings! :uneasy:

Offline LASteve

• N Gauge Society Number: 28183
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2019, 07:48:41 PM »
Here's my version of the Metcalfe church I started a couple of weeks ago (with the rather obvious transition between "church" wall and dry stone wall, not as neat as Alec's wall!). I also notice I need to straighten the cross on the top of the lych gate. More weathering and bedding in to be done, and I still intend to "populate" the churchyard with assorted tombs and tombstones.

Offline Invicta Alec

• Awards
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2019, 07:58:01 PM »
Here's my version of the Metcalfe church I started a couple of weeks ago (with the rather obvious transition between "church" wall and dry stone wall, not as neat as Alec's wall!).

Steve,

it looks great. I think it blends so well with your back scene. Excellent!

Alec.

Offline Train Waiting

• Larger Gallery
  • The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2019, 08:16:07 PM »
That is a spiffing church that you've built, Alec.  I intend to build one soon.

John

John,

Its a Metcalfe church and as I remember I found it one of their very easiest models to build. I think one of these on your layout would look just the bizzo! Poppingham St.Marks maybe?

https://www.metcalfemodels.com/product/pn926-n-scale-parish-church/

Alec.

Many thanks, Alec.  It is a substantial structure and I assumed it might be tricky to build, so I was leaving it until I had some more experience with Metcalfe kits.  Following your kind and helpful comments it has now moved up the list!

Best wishes.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1920s to the 1950s.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £250.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £175.00
Below Goal: £75.00
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
February Donations

Advertise Here