!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Deadwood layout - unabridged and illustrated  (Read 22769 times)

Offline NinOz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Ex3504
    • Awards
Re: Deadwood layout - unabridged and illustrated
« Reply #225 on: January 11, 2019, 10:32:13 AM »
It's too bad that we can't have CA that allows for a setting time of a minute say.
The thicker CAs are slower.  Also the polystyrene foam compatible ones are slower.
Zap makes a slow CA (thick stuff) which gives about 30seconds working time.
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

Offline Black Sheep

• Awards
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2019, 11:13:56 AM »
Was about to say similar to NinOz, Zap make slow-zap that sets slower giving a bit of time to position.

On something like that I usually make a little puddle on some scrap, dip the end in and then poke it into the holes and hope I get it aligned right quickly.

One of the chaps at railway club had some glue that doesn't set until you waft a UV light at it where it then sets very quickly so it only sets when you're ready for it to do so.

Offline Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #227 on: January 12, 2019, 02:31:41 AM »
Thank you for your replies.

The stuff I'm using is Zap medium viscosity. It has some nice properties such as it runs into cracks, but the setting speed is problematic for some applications. The suggestion of using the thicker Zap is a good one and one that I had forgotten about as is the special polystyrene version. Maybe I need to buy a couple more bottles of this stuff and use the different types for parts of the model.

Webbo

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £315.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
105% 
January Donations

Advertise Here
anything