!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Suggestion - Metro-Vick Class 28 Co-Bo  (Read 6870 times)

Offline Chuffington

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion - Metro-Vick Class 28 Co-Bo
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2020, 11:58:49 AM »
Having now purchased some GF 31's & 20's as parts donors, I'm looking to finally take the plunge on the Class 28 - notice there are 2 versions available - standard quality @ just under 30, super fine quality @ just under 60.
Is it worth paying the extra 30 or should I just go for the cheaper version ?
Planning on building 2 of them.
TIA

Offline Jerry Howlett

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2020, 09:05:17 AM »
Search for @Hailstone on this.  Alex is / has built 2 of them.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2020, 10:54:43 AM »
I have to say this is one I'd like to see RevolutioN take on, with or without a partnership (Sonic??), especially if pristine/weathered versions were to be available with dummies as the class 28 is mostly known for running in pairs. A limited geographical usage but fairly iconic. Even now, it would not come to fruition for maybe 3 years but, hey, I'll wait as long as the powers that be keep me ticking over until then.

Offline Chuffington

• Awards
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2020, 09:01:50 AM »
Ended up getting the more expensive version and have to say I am very impressed with the quality and detail.
Project progressing as they say.

Offline Pete @ EGLM

• N Gauge Society Number: 7447
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2020, 11:25:24 PM »
I saw Hailstones two Class 28s running yesterday.  They look very impressive.

Pete @ EGLM

Offline Only Me

• Western Destroyer
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Western Destroyer
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2020, 11:32:30 PM »
I have to say this is one I'd like to see RevolutioN take on, with or without a partnership (Sonic??), especially if pristine/weathered versions were to be available with dummies as the class 28 is mostly known for running in pairs. A limited geographical usage but fairly iconic. Even now, it would not come to fruition for maybe 3 years but, hey, I'll wait as long as the powers that be keep me ticking over until then.

Hi Mick,  the problem with Dummies is that they cost almost as much as a runner to manufacture, if you consider the motor and running gear are already made when we produce the motorised versions so the cost in taking the motor out is negligible.  @Ben A  @red_death can clarify..

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2020, 09:57:57 AM »

Hi Mick,  the problem with Dummies is that they cost almost as much as a runner to manufacture, if you consider the motor and running gear are already made when we produce the motorised versions so the cost in taking the motor out is negligible.  @Ben A  @red_death can clarify..

Not a problem for me providing motors are matched on DC. It's either that or remove a motor and retain it as a spare.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
75% 
April Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal