!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

Would you buy a crowd-funded Class 116/117/118 DMU?

Yes, at least 1 Class 116
5 (4.2%)
Yes, at least 1 Class 117
20 (16.7%)
Yes, at least 1 Class 118
5 (4.2%)
Yes, at least 1 - it doesn't matter which of the three classes.
30 (25%)
Yes, at least 2 different classes
17 (14.2%)
Yes, at least one of each class
8 (6.7%)
No, I wouldn't want any of those.
35 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: Suggestion for RevolutioN - Class 116/117/118 DMU  (Read 22949 times)

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion for RevolutioN - Class 116/117/118 DMU
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2020, 10:10:10 PM »
I really wish some Moderator would close this thread as it is revisiting...  and revisiting the same discussion time and time again.

Offline Karhedron

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2020, 10:49:58 PM »
I really wish some Moderator would close this thread as it is revisiting...  and revisiting the same discussion time and time again.

If you aren't interested, don't read it. If you ignore the first notification email without visiting the thread, the forum won't send you any more.
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline railsquid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2020, 01:47:06 AM »

Even if it were closed, there's nothing stopping anyone creating a new one...

I suppose there's a faint chance one of the manufacturers is monitoring the site and seeing the thread keep popping up, reach the conclusion that people really want this and decided to take the plunge with a model. Anyway must go, there's a flock of pigs flying past, which is quite a spectacle.
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Offline Bob G

• Awards
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2020, 08:11:41 AM »
I was one of the first to propose (to Dapol on their Digest) a 116/117/118 but when you know the story its like watching a boring film again and again. You don't get a new perspective on it every time you watch it.

Now if someone was to show a model made from a cut and shut of four Dapol 121 bodies on 3 121 chassis to produce a decent 117, then I'd read it and learn from it.
But I've not been furloughed and I have a job to do, so I don't have the time to do it myself.
I've even got the parts to do it, so as soon as I make a start on it, the sooner someone will propose one, I suppose.

Bob

Offline 1977joey

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2020, 11:47:22 AM »
I was one of the first to propose (to Dapol on their Digest) a 116/117/118 but when you know the story its like watching a boring film again and again. You don't get a new perspective on it every time you watch it.

Now if someone was to show a model made from a cut and shut of four Dapol 121 bodies on 3 121 chassis to produce a decent 117, then I'd read it and learn from it.
But I've not been furloughed and I have a job to do, so I don't have the time to do it myself.
I've even got the parts to do it, so as soon as I make a start on it, the sooner someone will propose one, I suppose.

Bob

Hi Bob,

It was me that resurrected this thread & that was because I'd seen these units being discussed on another thread so I thought I'd chat about them on here, (the relevant thread). It's just a friendly discussion at the end of the day about a class we'd love to see produced (Including yourself I see)..

What spurred me yesterday was to see the class yet again being announced but again in another scale, which sees this as a popular class & that would be fantastic modelled in N... I really like to see other peoples thoughts...

However I agree with what your saying, we can chat all we like here, but it's down to the powers that be if they're going to produce one...

I'm leaving it at that now anyway..

Happy Modelling,

Cheers,
Mark
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:50:45 AM by 1977joey »

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2020, 12:38:46 PM »
Surely the clinching argument is I have 3 x 108s (2 'M' prefix and 1 'E' prefix) and 1 x 101 ('E' prefix) but the only 'W' prefix items are a class 121 and dummy 122.
Renumbering is not an option.
Come on, RevolutioN. Up and at 'em! :D

Offline Bob G

• Awards
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2020, 04:02:14 PM »

Bob

Hi Bob,

It was me that resurrected this thread & that was because I'd seen these units being discussed on another thread so I thought I'd chat about them on here, (the relevant thread). It's just a friendly discussion at the end of the day about a class we'd love to see produced (Including yourself I see)..

What spurred me yesterday was to see the class yet again being announced but again in another scale, which sees this as a popular class & that would be fantastic modelled in N... I really like to see other peoples thoughts...

However I agree with what your saying, we can chat all we like here, but it's down to the powers that be if they're going to produce one...

I'm leaving it at that now anyway..

Happy Modelling,

Cheers,
Mark
NP Mark.
I've been buying BR(S) models in OO that I've wanted in N just to ensure that I have the models I want - then Dave Jones goes bust and I doubt that Hornby will ever do a Class 74.
We just can't win, and I don't have room for an OO layout and an N layout :)
Best
Bob

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal