!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

Would you buy a crowd-funded class 205 Hampshire DEMU?

Livery - plain green (1957 to mid-1960s)
13 (20.3%)
Livery - plain green with experimental orange "V" on fronts (mid-1960s)
1 (1.6%)
Livery - green with small yellow panels (mid to late 1960s)
5 (7.8%)
Livery - rail blue
10 (15.6%)
Livery - rail blue/grey
5 (7.8%)
Livery - Network SouthEast
15 (23.4%)
Livery - Connex yellow/white
2 (3.1%)
None of the above
13 (20.3%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Suggestion for RevolutioN - Class 205 Hampshire DEMU  (Read 7521 times)

Offline captainelectra

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Electra Rail
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion for RevolutioN - Class 205 Hampshire DEMU
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2015, 05:21:07 PM »
The lack of sales was probably due to holding back on the more sellable liveries - NSE and BR Blue.

Connex may have it's affectionados (I rather like it) but you can't beat NSE for sales.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Electra Rail
Peterborough, UK
http://www.electrarail.co.uk
Flick Site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27017199@N07/

Offline Roy L S

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2015, 08:30:30 PM »
The lack of sales was probably due to holding back on the more sellable liveries - NSE and BR Blue.

Connex may have it's affectionados (I rather like it) but you can't beat NSE for sales.

Not sure about the livery saleability argument, it is arguably a bit of a "niche" product anyway. I would have thought that BR Green in the transition period would easily be the most saleable looking at how quickly this livery tends to sell out for other prototypes (108, 101, 122 etc) while later liveries, stick around longer.

As to the prototype itself, "niche" issue aside it appears a good choice in many other respects given how long it was in service and the sheer range of liveries it carried. So you would probably be looking at short runs of each livery (300 min Dapol used to say generally).

I would probably find space for one as a "Rule 1" purchase and I would be happy to see costs contained by making it only two car, but I guess here I would be in a minority. For me, livery choices would be one of the Br green variants or BR blue for reasons of nostalgia.

Roy

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2015, 07:18:00 PM »
The SR 3D DEMUs were proposed for use on the SR lines in Devon (maybe North Cornwall, too) before the SR knew it would lose the lines to the WR and electrification of the lines where the 3Ds were then running would be cancelled.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything