!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Suggestion - A Thoroughly Modern Peak  (Read 1113 times)

Offline acko22

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR - HONOURING THE PAST, HELPING TODAY
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion - A Thoroughly Modern Peak
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2020, 02:03:15 AM »
Is that Bachmanns policy now??? NOTHING gets mentioned about a model until 3months beforehand???

I get that they wont say THIS will be released Q3 2021 anymore but I cant see why they wouldnt announce models they are working on until they leave on that slow boat from china. 

There must be a 'pipeline' announcement because nothing then stops anyone else developing a model that  Bachmann stuff on the shelves a week before they do  :hmmm:

I could be wrong, but that was my understanding.

Skyline2uk

Hi all,

I was working on the understanding that the quarterly scheme Bachmann were now using was on new arrivals at shop instead of making announcements of arrivals at the start of the year to only miss them or adversely affect sales of other models.
With them still announcing they are doing new projects as has been the defacto standard we are use to over the years?

As I have said I would only be interesting in one model if it was the right version but that's me I understand there are other whom would want multiple of the various types (or live with what variant they could get hold of), @exmouthcraig there has been wish lists about which generally from what I have seem to lend themselves more to oddities (LMS Twins as an example) rather than some of the more mainstream designs.
But one issue is how many people would be interested, while @Ben A has said elsewhere on the forum Revolution work on the philosophy of a single run at minimum order quantity as their base line, on the other hand Bachmann historically at least will only chase a prototype if they can guarantee multiple runs so in reality you are looking at a base line of probably in the region of 3000 models rather than 1000, unless of course they are sitting on it and should someone else announce interest they pull something out of their box of tricks.

Online Merrylee

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2020, 12:10:11 PM »
Colletts Models have managed to get GF to do a limited edition (exclusive to them) of the class 60 re liveried into the DB Schenker/ Territorial Army. Its £144.95 based on 354 being produced. Iím sure it was £5.00 deposit to secure your interest.

Surely someone like Rails of Sheffield, who must have a lot of clout with Bachmann, may be interested in taking something on as an exclusive to them.
May be a small premium on the cost, as limited edition. Small deposit to confirm commitment from buyers.

Maybe give manufacturers a bit more confidence in re running out of production products.

C and M models have done it with limited editions exclusive to them through Dapol.

Anyway just a thought
Ron

Offline PLD

• Hull Miniature Railway Society
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2020, 07:50:23 PM »
Colletts Models have managed to get GF to do a limited edition (exclusive to them) of the class 60 re liveried into the DB Schenker/ Territorial Army. Its £144.95 based on 354 being produced. Iím sure it was £5.00 deposit to secure your interest.

Surely someone like Rails of Sheffield, who must have a lot of clout with Bachmann, may be interested in taking something on as an exclusive to them.
May be a small premium on the cost, as limited edition. Small deposit to confirm commitment from buyers.

Maybe give manufacturers a bit more confidence in re running out of production products.

C and M models have done it with limited editions exclusive to them through Dapol.

Anyway just a thought
Ron
Exclusive liveries on an existing model as per your class 60 example is a thought that many retailers large and small have had and implemented many times with various manufacturers over the years...

There is a big leap from there in complexity and costs for an exclusive model from the ground up. Only the few biggest players have the resources to contemplate that. Off the top of my head at least Hatton's, Rail's and Kernow have all delivered in 00 but I can't think of any N gauge.

Offline Chris Morris

• Ridgacre Branch & Little Aller Junction
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2020, 09:18:10 PM »
As I said back one page one, Bachmann Europe is very keen to produce a retooled 45/46. The problem is getting a slot for development in China. They can only request a time slot, they can't force it.
It may be under development as we speak but I really don't have a clue on that. I do think the 45/46 project is very likely to be at the top of the Bacann list for new N gauge locos.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £55.00
Site Currency: GBP
45% 
June Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal