!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

What do you think of this model?

Superb
2 (40%)
Good
3 (60%)
OK
0 (0%)
Poor
0 (0%)
Terrible
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Graham Farish - Class AEC's - Post 2000  (Read 1202 times)

Online Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Graham Farish - Class AEC's - Post 2000
« on: January 23, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »
 :NGaugeForum:

Offline oreamnos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17217
    • Awards
Re: Graham Farish - Class AEC's - Post 2000
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 09:41:05 PM »
Was just having a browse and noticed that nobody had ever posted any comments in this thread so I though I'd write something.

The BachFar AEC railcar is a good model.  I have have both variants of the crimson and cream livery (i.e., w/ white roof ends and w/o) as well as a spare green body.  The non-dcc chassis is fantastically smooth and heavy and overkill considering the light tail traffic the prototypes might pull.

The body moulding is pretty good though assembly is variable, with glue sometimes got where it shouldn't be and there are no separate added details - everything is moulded on.  Livery application is first rate.  The c&c one is better looking (IMHO) than the green as the dark windows stand out in contrast to the cream band.  They don't so much in the green livery, making the the green one look rather drab.  The chassis and motor are visible through the body widows, but is painted black and not too noticeable.

IIRC these last appeared in the 2011 Farish catalogue and have been discontinued (at least for now).  Rather a pity.

Matt

Offline longbow

• N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: Yes
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 09:14:40 AM »
A new batch of these Farish railcars is due for release imminently in GWR and BR Green liveries. It appears that these are the old tooling without a DCC socket. Perhaps somebody can confirm that. 

Offline JonHarbour

• N Gauge Society Number: 18965
  • 2mm Association Number: 4667
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 12:12:39 AM »
According to the Hatton's web site, it is DCC compatible but no socket, so that strongly suggests the old tooling!
Still planning a layout...

Offline Timofpenk

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 03:33:32 PM »
Picked two of these up today one in B.R. Green and one inG.W.R. Chocolate and cream I can confirm itís the old tooling but must say both run very smoothly and quietly straight out of the box and itís nice to have a model with some weight in it for a change

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £317.00
Above Goal: £262.00
Site Currency: GBP
576% 
December Donations

Advertise Here