!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Making of Wingin Winjin Bahn  (Read 5759 times)

Offline Bob Wild

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Making of Wingin Winjin Bahn
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2015, 10:58:53 PM »
Great update. Love to see a video of trains going up and down those inclines.

Bob

Offline andy.t.south

• Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2015, 11:25:24 PM »
Hi Bob I posted a vid of the first Wagon Lit express on a test run on the facebook version of this site,I am not sure how to put a vid up on here but will see if I can get the FB one back to the top of the page.Cheers Andy.
One pair bi-focals plus one pair of modelling glasses = two locos of choice!!!!

Offline Bob Wild

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2015, 02:19:07 PM »
Hi Andy. I stuck my video on Youtube and then added the link to it.

Offline andy.t.south

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2015, 03:23:27 PM »
Hi all well it's months since the last Little Winjin update,I will not bore you with the details but we have both suffered ill health again that has slowed the development of the layout in my case very much so as I managed a Groin strain putting up the new Greenhouse when I should have been getting on with the layout!!! :worried:  >:(. How ever before this all happened I managed to finish the mountains and lower hills on the south side of the layout and get the back scenes done all be it not to my satisfaction but just needed to get some progress going,certainly for the next few months there will be no stretching over the board so the back scenes stay as are! The Northern sector I would love to say has now got working sidings and maintenance sheds etc but NO! As is the way of our hobby I have decided to completely change this end of the layout to include an elevated figure of eight with on and off gradients,the carriage sidings have been extended and are now ready for use with points wired in etc that just about brings it up to date the elevated junction is planned and has been jury rigged to test for alignment etc and all is well just embankments to make now then the northern sector can be put back and I can play trains!! While I am talking junctions and sidings, wire for points I have used 7/0.2 cable but have my doubts about it reading the forums here I have a Micro Miniatures CDU and one of their points indicator units running Peco and Trix points and one Seep motor all are singly fired,the longest run of 7/0.2 is 3' 6" and the shortest about a foot will I get away with this or should it be 16/0.2? :confused2: The photo's also show my latest acquisitions I had to go into the Gas Cupboard in Trowbridge and got away lightly however on finding I had got an electrofrog instead of an insulfrog point I returned to exchange only to find a lovely fleischmann collection had been put up for sale I stopped at the coaches but the Loco's were just so tempting but I was good even though flexi friend was trying to burst out of my wallet :bounce:!!! Well that's about it now for the piccy bit if I can remember how to do it!!Photo's start from a quick recap of where we were then come forward. :NGaugersRule: .                                    

Offline scotsoft

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Scottish n' Newcastle
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2015, 03:35:57 PM »
I am liking those elevated tracks  :claphappy:

It looks as if there could be a lot going on when you start running locos  :NGaugersRule:

cheers John.

Offline jonclox

• Sadly Passed Away
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19998
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2015, 04:14:45 PM »
I am liking those elevated tracks  :claphappy:

It looks as if there could be a lot going on when you start running locos  :NGaugersRule:

cheers John.

:thumbsup: Ditto. it really does look good  I (being selfish) really hope you get fit again soon so you can finish the layout off and show us the finished item
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2015, 04:29:48 PM »
Looks great, Andy :thumbsup:
Regarding the wire thickness for point operation I, too, would be interested to hear the opinion of the collective having initially purchased 7/0.2 but subsequently wondering whether it should be 16/0.2 I should use. Has anyone successfully installed 7/0.2 such that our minds can be put at ease?

Offline andy.t.south

• Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2015, 05:32:53 PM »
Well as I am a bit uneasy about the 7/0.2 cable on my points I decided to take the plunge while in town an see what I could find that would not finish up like the national debt of a small country and surprise surprise no not that trout off the TV I was in Wilkinsons getting the cat food and spied some very likely looking cable on further inspection it was by the metre just a tad above 16/02 and three core with a nice yellow and green earth or common as we prefer to call it,price just 50p a metre so all the points and my common common if you follow me gets done for the princely sum of 8 squid result me thinks!  8)  :beers:  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 05:35:13 PM by andy.t.south »

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £155.00
Above Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
282% 
August Donations

anything