!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Longcroft  (Read 114825 times)

Online Trainfish

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21524
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • My layout, Longcroft under construction
    • Awards
Re: Longcroft
« Reply #735 on: January 17, 2020, 12:53:17 AM »
It would appear to me that everyone thinks the TMD should stay as long as it has figures etc to bring it to life. The figures will be the last to appear but the fuelling point etc can be accommodated. Not sure it will be big enough to hold all my BR blue locos though (98 at the last count), never mind all the other different colours too. The TMD isn't at the top of my to do list as that can be added at any time as long as I remember to lay points to run into it. My main focus at the moment is to get the 4 circuits laid and wired so I can play test trains with the Kato track removed. I also want to crack on with the flying museum corner as I have spent an hour or so, maybe 2 according to the wife, inhaling melting polystyrene fumes and setting out the resulting pieces ready for gluing. So not much to see today but it just wouldn't be the same not to add a picture so here goes:

I'll be doing some of this corner and the other end of the station in the coming days although the domestic chores are starting to mount up, again according to the wife. I have no idea why she wants us to move out of the spare room and back into ours when there's still a radiator to fit, sockets to be chased out, painting to be done, carpet to be laid, new bed to purchase etc etc. I quite like the spare room as it has my display cabinets in it  :D

Anyway, hope to see you Saturday Adam @Skyline2uk if you're not busy making babies or drooling over your Pendolino  :thumbsup:
John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Online Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #736 on: January 17, 2020, 07:58:47 AM »
Anyway, hope to see you Saturday Adam @Skyline2uk if you're not busy making babies or drooling over your Pendolino 

Sometimes itís best to just say......yes.....

Skyline2uk

Online Trainfish

• IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #737 on: January 18, 2020, 01:18:40 AM »
Just a bit of glueing tonight. I'm thinking of calling this the Old Empire Museum which I think fits in with the mainly UK bias of the attraction and has nothing to do with beer of course. It may however be sponsored by Marstons.

John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Online Trainfish

• IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #738 on: January 20, 2020, 12:25:40 AM »
The transport museum base is now complete and just needs some paint before some planes can be flown in.

The road entrance to the museum will be via this bridge/tunnel entrance. It could be a steep climb to it though  :goggleeyes:

Next stage will be painting inside the tunnels so there won't be much updating done here for a while. Butlins this weekend too so that will also slow things down a bit.

A couple of short videos

I did warn you they were short!
John

<*))))><

Online weave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #739 on: January 20, 2020, 12:45:02 AM »
Hi,

Have been dipping in and out from memory with thank yous but never replied. Will do a proper read (50 pages) and get up to speed as have lost track so to speak but what I have seen looks good.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

Online Skyline2uk

• Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #740 on: January 20, 2020, 08:03:27 AM »
Good job mate, was this Sundayís work cos you were seen loitering at Calne show with yours truly on Saturday  :D

One thing: is there an emergency plan should something go amiss inside the tunnels?

Skyline2uk

Online Trainfish

• IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #741 on: January 21, 2020, 01:05:30 AM »
Good job mate, was this Sundayís work cos you were seen loitering at Calne show with yours truly on Saturday  :D

Yes mate, this was Sunday's work once the hangover from Saturday night had receded. It was good to chat on Saturday and one day I'll make it to Aerospace one day.

One thing: is there an emergency plan should something go amiss inside the tunnels?

Skyline2uk

I reckon I've run 1000+ trains through that area on the top level and only had a couple of derailments in the early days. However, fear not, the tarmac area is actually a very complicated 15 piece jigsaw with around 8 removable pieces. I will probably mount a shed (or similar) on 1 of the centre pieces to enable easy removal of anything going amiss inside. The picture below should explain all as I have removed all the pieces just for you. Both the upper and lower levels are accessible once the jigsaw pieces are removed.

Hi,

Have been dipping in and out from memory with thank yous but never replied. Will do a proper read (50 pages) and get up to speed as have lost track so to speak but what I have seen looks good.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

Cheers @weave, I have noticed the thank-yous and appreciate them. How are you getting on with the 50 pages? There's a lot of waffle in there (and videos) and some very slow progress but I'm getting there now.
John

<*))))><

Offline chrispearce

• Awards
« Reply #742 on: January 23, 2020, 01:10:54 AM »
Not wishing to miss the party, I think your TMD will be wonderful and genuinely necessary considering the size of your fleet. The mock-up on the last page will be impressive when done. I'd be interested to see how you link the tracks up.

The layout is progressing apace! :thumbsup:
Some situations in life are like dairy cows. When you see 'em you just gotta milk 'em.

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #743 on: January 25, 2020, 05:41:36 PM »
Thanks for the updates. I'm looking forward to seeing the continuing progress and I agree about the TMD.

Online Trainfish

• IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #744 on: February 05, 2020, 02:17:45 AM »
Internal tunnel walls painted black. That's it.
John

<*))))><

Online Trainfish

• IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #745 on: February 11, 2020, 01:23:38 AM »
Stuck some mdf down.

And tidied up my tools

That's it.
John

<*))))><

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #746 on: February 11, 2020, 06:33:16 AM »
Stuck some mdf down.

And tidied up my tools
That's it.
Wow!  That's TIDY.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #747 on: February 11, 2020, 08:58:58 AM »
Wow!  That's TIDY.

Yeah - giving modellers a bad name.  ;D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Online Trainfish

• IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #748 on: February 14, 2020, 02:12:55 AM »
Yeah, sorry about that. To try to rectify things I painted the museum base this evening and also found another use for the IPA bottles at the same time. I don't think I could live without those bottles  :goggleeyes:

John

<*))))><

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #749 on: February 14, 2020, 03:11:12 AM »
You need a couple more at back.

Better head to the fridge!  ;) :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00