New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Any Cyclists out There?  (Read 11018 times)

Offline Mr Sprue

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
Re: Any Cyclists out There?
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2015, 11:13:09 PM »
Medical reasons still cause me to be an armchair cyclist but it's been great lately with the Pro series, Critérium du Dauphiné (huge congrats to Chris Froome) and the Ladies Tour. Roll on 4th July and the Tour de France :claphappy:
Thank you, ITV4

Yes I second that  :thumbsup:

Speaking to a fellow club member today about the speeds these riders can reach..makes my 46mph pretty tame!  :goggleeyes:

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2015, 11:52:37 AM »
Off on a 300 mile jaunt this evening, leaving from Horsham in West Sussex, going to Liverpool, via Redhill, London and Manchester to visit our company's offices!

Raising money for Dame Kelly Holmes trust, if anyone fancies throwing a few pennies in the coffers that would be much appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/RSA300in24hours/

Offline D1042 Western Princess

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2015, 12:01:12 PM »
Off on a 300 mile jaunt this evening, leaving from Horsham in West Sussex, going to Liverpool, via Redhill, London and Manchester to visit our company's offices!

Raising money for Dame Kelly Holmes trust, if anyone fancies throwing a few pennies in the coffers that would be much appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/RSA300in24hours/

Sincere best wishes for a happy ride, Good luck.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2015, 01:14:38 PM »
Thank you! Just want to get going now really, wandering around waiting at the moment!

Offline Mr Sprue

• Awards
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2015, 11:11:56 PM »
Hope the weather and of course other road users are good for you! Enjoy your ride.  8)

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2015, 11:09:54 AM »
Made it!

Wasn't too bad actually, didn't get as tired as expected, legs felt a bit sore at the end, but not too bad really! £3500 raised so far, so not too bad!

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2015, 11:15:08 AM »
Fantastic effort, Nick.
Congratulations to you and your team :beers:

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2015, 11:28:11 AM »
Thanks Nobby, certainly a great feeling when we finished! I've been cycling and racing for many years, but never done anything like that!

Changing the subject... Of course, we have the spectacle of many more accomplished cyclists riding round France commencing this Saturday, I'll be commandeering the ogglebox so I can get my daily fill of ITV4!

• Awards
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2015, 12:23:56 PM »
Made it!

Wasn't too bad actually, didn't get as tired as expected, legs felt a bit sore at the end, but not too bad really! £3500 raised so far, so not too bad!

Well done, both on completing the ride, and the money raised.  :thumbsup:
Most impressive on both counts. :beers:

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2015, 10:23:48 AM »
Did anyone else watch Chris Froome's phenomenal performance yesterday in the Tour de France?
He just blew the competition away with a remarkable ride.
Just hope he didn't overdo it so will be watching again this afternoon :)

Offline Mr Sprue

• Awards
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2015, 08:38:55 AM »
Watching the news this morning I couldn't believe the amount of abuse our Chris Froome and the team have been receiving! In the past week, Sky’s riders have been punched, spat at and showered with urine, called “doped” by roadside spectators, and had their performances scrutinised just like the previous time Froome won the Tour in 2013.

I really hate to think this way but it appears the French are really resenting us Brits beating them at their own game? This behavior is deplorable and very unsportsmanlike, in fact totally disgusting.

I guess what Lance Armstrong did has done a lot of damage to the sport regarding trust!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:57:39 AM by Mr Sprue »

• Awards
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2015, 08:55:35 AM »

Whats the matter with the French don't they like us Brits beating them at their own game? This behavior is deplorable and very unsportsmanlike behavior, in fact disgusting.

Let's be honest, the French have never quite forgiven us for Crecy, Agincourt, Trafalgar, Waterloo.......
They have always hated the British.

Offline Mr Sprue

• Awards
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2015, 09:00:01 AM »

Whats the matter with the French don't they like us Brits beating them at their own game? This behavior is deplorable and very unsportsmanlike behavior, in fact disgusting.

Let's be honest, the French have never quite forgiven us for Crecy, Agincourt, Trafalgar, Waterloo.......
They have always hated the British.

I agree they also hate the fact that we have total control over the English channel as well, been trying to grab a bit of that for century's!  :)

Offline Sprintex

• N Gauge Society Number: CLOSED
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2015, 09:51:51 AM »
They didn't like Mini Coopers winning the Monte Carlo Rally either, so much so that in 1966 to stop it being "three in a row" all three finishing in 1st, 3rd and 4th plus the 2nd placed Lotus Cortina were all disqualified over a technicality relating to headlamp dipping. Conveniently this propelled a Citroen into 1st place ::)

Rauno Aaltonen came back and won it in a Mini Cooper in 1967 anyway, as if just to prove a point :D

Paul
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:55:52 AM by Sprintex »

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2015, 10:24:14 AM »
Watching the news this morning I couldn't believe the amount of abuse our Chris Froome and the team have been receiving! In the past week, Sky’s riders have been punched, spat at and showered with urine, called “doped” by roadside spectators, and had their performances scrutinised just like the previous time Froome won the Tour in 2013.

I really hate to think this way but it appears the French are really resenting us Brits beating them at their own game? This behavior is deplorable and very unsportsmanlike, in fact totally disgusting.

I guess what Lance Armstrong did has done a lot of damage to the sport regarding trust!

Much seems to have been stirred up by Laurent Jalabert (French ex rider) who can hardly be in a position to sling mud ::)
Team Sky have released a lot of Froome's personal data in the hope of correcting French TV's 'wildly inaccurate' statistics but my worry is whatever the outcome 'mud sticks'

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £120.00
Above Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
218% 
December Donations

Advertise Here