New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Off on a journey. The departure.  (Read 51664 times)

Offline weave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Off on a journey. The departure.
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2016, 08:43:17 AM »
Looking great,

What's the name of your cat?  :D

Looking forward to more.

Cheers weave.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2016, 09:18:15 PM »
 :hellosign: nice modelling Mito, thanks for the updates.
regards Derek.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2016, 07:12:21 AM »
Looks great Mito, think we have all had that kind of whoopsy!   :veryangry:

Offline maridunian

• Awards
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2016, 02:35:30 PM »
Unless you're short-sighted like me (so close-up work, without glasses is fine)

And if you use glasses for reading, buy some cheap 3x (higher if you can find them) reading specs from a supermarket - they help a lot!

Mike

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2016, 10:25:03 PM »
A couple of photos showing slow progress. A mock up to make sure I'd got my measurements right and just about. I've stuck corn flakes packet on the MDF with PVA and will glue the surface on top of that. I'm using Scalescenes platform sheets. I've found out different packets have different thicknesses of cardboard. Could be useful.

You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2016, 09:30:52 AM »
Thanks for the update, Brian. I can see that the goods shed is coming along nicely and you've ensured that the entrance is tall and wide enough! 8-) I remember someone on the forum finding that their outside-framed Class 08 shunter was too wide to enter their completed goods shed. 8-(

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2016, 04:27:05 PM »
 :hellosign:   :greatpicturessign:  That`s very ingenious, brilliant idea, thanks for sharing
regards Derek.

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2016, 04:44:04 PM »
Thanks for the update.
Looking good.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2016, 10:09:38 PM »
The first serious attempt at Scalescenes kits.

The platforms in their final resting place, well almost. When the clearance is set I'll stick them down with double sided tape. Where the provender shed is, I'm thinking of putting a point in to make another siding to connect to Creech Ales brewery.

A close up of the flags from Scalescens platform kit. The photo below shows the asphalt. The platforms are made from 10mm MDF covered with cereal packet card. The surface was printed on 80g paper then stuck to 200g paper to make the edge. Not visible but under the edge is a length of 3x1mm strip wood covered with stone paper.

This is my DC and DCC compatible ecological decoupler. It works for any type of coupler and uses no energy apart from the human type. It's made from dowel with a hole drilled in the end to take a length of shaped piano wire. It's very effective unless you have twitch :worried:. I like watching trains going round but I also like to "drive" a train.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2016, 10:23:29 PM »
 :hellosign: Mito   :greatpicturessign: nice modelling, thanks for sharing
regards Derek.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2016, 06:46:55 AM »
Thanks for the update, Brian. Your platform surfaces look very good and are a possible solution to how to complete my balsa wood ones which need surfacing but have Peco stone and concrete (for a pre-WW2 extension) edges.

Laying in an extra siding for the Creech Brewery sounds a very good idea as a "Creech Brewery" Single-vent van and ex-SR uneven planked van, plus 2 "Creech Brewery" 7-plank open wagons are nearing completion in the brewery's distinctive purple-red livery. They just need final assembly and photographing. Later, there will be a Conflat container, too. There are additional "Creech Brewery" wagons and vans for 'through' running for John (Claverdon), Martin (Port Perran and Trepol Bay) and I (Cant Cove and Penmayne), as part of the Alliance of West Country Breweries. (Transfers will come, later.)

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2016, 10:04:27 AM »
Great work Brian.
Really coming along now.
Martin
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2016, 09:26:37 PM »
Not had time to do a great deal recently but spent time in front in front of the computer. Here is a design exercise for Creech Brewery. I'm halfway through building a Scalescene warehouse to complement it.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2016, 09:35:38 PM »
That really looks superb, Brian. It's always nice to have your own custom-made buildings. This looks like the bottling / casking area with, maybe, the malting floor above and the brewery offices? Will there be a classic brewery tower, too? (Like: http://www.breweryhistory.com/Breweries/SussexWorthingTowerBrewery_Jun10.jpg)

The first two vans and the first 7-plank livery in the "Creech Brewery"'s new purple-red livery are already on their way to Withy Junction. Others have arrived at Cant Cove with more on their way to Trepol Bay and Port Perran. Further vans and 7-plank wagons are on order but production is delayed a couple of months.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:47:41 PM by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2016, 09:43:22 PM »
I haven't got as far as a tower yet. It is semi-low relief with an arch between it and the warehouse. There will be a chimney poking up behind. This is the siding side, the "public" side and offices will be assumed, hidden behind. I find it very difficult drawing plans and tend to make it up as I go along. This was done to print out to give some idea of size and placement.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £120.00
Above Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
218% 
December Donations

Advertise Here