!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

What do you think of this model?

Superb
1 (6.3%)
Good
7 (43.8%)
OK
6 (37.5%)
Poor
1 (6.3%)
Terrible
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Graham Farish - Class 20's - From 1980's  (Read 5189 times)

Offline DesertHound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25245
    • www.thefarishshed.com
    • Awards
Re: Graham Farish - Class 20's - From 1980's
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 11:05:35 PM »
I have the green one 371-026 (D8134) so it's a Bachmann one.
A bit of a growler and the body resonates something awful ::)

Ran mine again today and am not sure why it's so noisy as it has nylon gears. Mayhap I'll experiment with trying to 'pack' the body :hmmm:

I'll give mine a run tomorrow Mick and report back re noise issues if I encounter any. Wondering if in your case the metal body isn't helping (then again, any vibration on the plastic bodies of the other diesels is probably worse ). The bodies are a tight fit so usually no room to shake, rattle n roll, although possibly transmit vibration (if that's the correct term).

My fleet now consists of a BR Green, one or two BR Blue (I can't recall), a DRS (made up with a Poole chassis) and a recently acquired Poole Railfreight Grey. I love them - the smaller Farish diesels have great pulling power.

I think I read somewhere that a Farish decided to stick with the metal body for these, since they needed / performed better with the added weight.

Dan
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £30.00
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
August Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal