!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: What type of Wagon is this and what is it used for?  (Read 576 times)

Offline Vonzack

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20933
    • Awards
What type of Wagon is this and what is it used for?
« on: September 22, 2014, 01:45:37 PM »
Hi Guys,

I need some help identifying this Wagon and what it's used for. Looks to be part of the TRT (from the buffer shapes), but I can't find any pics of it online in the usual places. I managed to snap this today as the low loader passed the office, so apologies for the grainy picture.

Some more background info - I work close to the Network Rail facility in York where the RHTT's are maintained and it looks like these wagons are being taken away for refurbishment and then being returned. They carry a 'Jarvis' branding and what looks like a YXA tops code and when returned they carry the Network Rail branding and are the usual yellow. The thing that's got me puzzled is the superstructure on the wagon, as it doesn't resemble any pics I've seen of YXA's. They also carry lights along the side which seems to support their use as part of a TRT.

Cheers, Mark.

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
Re: What type of Wagon is this and what is it used for?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 01:58:13 PM »
Hi Mark

It looks like a former Jarvis KRA (sleeper carrier): http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/jarvissleeperkra

Looks very similar to a Perch (YEA)!

Cheers, Mike
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:59:15 PM by red_death »

Offline Vonzack

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20933
    • Awards
Re: What type of Wagon is this and what is it used for?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 02:22:26 PM »
Yep, that's the fella!

Thanks Mike

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £30.00
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
August Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal