!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

N gauge Pendolino

Yes I'd invest in a crowd sourcing venture for a 9 car N gauge Pendolino
62 (36.3%)
No I wouldn't
78 (45.6%)
I have voted on the RMWeb poll so cannot vote here
31 (18.1%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Author Topic: Pendolino - a new approach  (Read 295870 times)

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
Re: Pendolino - a new approach
« Reply #2565 on: May 29, 2018, 11:27:33 AM »
Sent a message 9 days ago and have heard nothing yet.

Hi there,

The repair guy only started last Thursday, and we have just had a Bank Holiday weekend, and he has to get to grips with the support emails that have been sent over the past 5-6 weeks since we began sending out the models.

We don't seem to have have many problems, so hopefully it won't be long before you hear something, but there is bound to be a little bit of a backlog right at the start.

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline mokjumbo

• Awards
« Reply #2566 on: May 29, 2018, 11:53:23 AM »
OK,thanks.

Offline Kiwi40

• N Gauge Society Number: 22420
    • Awards
« Reply #2567 on: May 29, 2018, 12:07:26 PM »
My major concern is that I started looking on this forum for answers because my lovely new DCC sound Pendolino and all the sound functions worked fine on my home test track (N Gauge Fleischmann Profi-Boss controller) but not on the club track, whilst it ran OK, not a peep could be squeezed from any sound function, from either end. And back on the home test track again now no sound!

Hi

I assume youíve pressed F1 to turn the sound on.

Paul

F1? Doh... Thats a case of beer I owe you. What a relief.

Offline Kiwi40

• Awards
« Reply #2568 on: May 29, 2018, 12:14:55 PM »

If you are still experiencing problems after checking F1 and going through any other diagnostics in the manual then please email us at: support@revolutiontrains.com and our service agent will be in touch.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi, thanks for the good advice and the offer of assistance. The F1 trick fixed it. Everything is now fine.

It's a great model, my first sound loco as you might have guessed.

Offline Caz

• N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2569 on: May 29, 2018, 08:10:36 PM »

My major concern is that I started looking on this forum for answers because my lovely new DCC sound Pendolino and all the sound functions worked fine on my home test track (N Gauge Fleischmann Profi-Boss controller) but not on the club track, whilst it ran OK, not a peep could be squeezed from any sound function, from either end. And back on the home test track again now no sound!

Pretty scary eh?

WARNING

Although you've found your answer it is worth pointing out that if you run a DCC loco on DC and it has a Relco or other electronic track cleaner it is very likely to blow the sound on the decoder.  Don't ask me how I know, but I lost a 101 and a Castle running them on the local Benalmadena club layout at an exhibition,   :veryangry:

Offline Jeff McGhie

• N Gauge Society Number: 22470
    • Awards
« Reply #2570 on: May 29, 2018, 09:45:08 PM »
Possibly a daft question but should all the table lamps in first be lit? On the couple of 1st class coaches I've tried so far 1 pair is out, not the same pair either. Never having had the pleasure of travelling 1st class in a pendo, I wasn't sure if they were all permanently on or switchable.

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #2571 on: May 29, 2018, 10:13:19 PM »
Hi Jeff

The only daft question is the one you don't ask!

On the prototype they are switchable.  In this image you can see the lamp on the right is switched on, that on the left (just visible) clearly off.

https://goo.gl/images/FMCwUQ

Also, they are only fitted on tables between facing seats, and not on the smaller tables with airline style seats, so they aren't in every window.

Having said that, all the lights present in your model should illuminate so if you are worried about this please contact out support line for a replacement PCB.  It fits under the interior moulding.

cheers

Ben A.

Offline Kiwi40

• Awards
« Reply #2572 on: May 29, 2018, 10:40:51 PM »

WARNING

Although you've found your answer it is worth pointing out that if you run a DCC loco on DC and it has a Relco or other electronic track cleaner it is very likely to blow the sound on the decoder.  Don't ask me how I know, but I lost a 101 and a Castle running them on the local Benalmadena club layout at an exhibition,   :veryangry:

Thanks Caz for the warning. I'm off to the club shortly and will make sure that nothing fancy is used to clean the tracks. Although I believe they just use the good old wagon dragging a bit of hardboard underneath to clean the tracks.

Offline mickster04

• The sing of the rails, music to my ears
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Links to mikes online presense
    • Awards
« Reply #2573 on: May 30, 2018, 10:04:45 AM »
And they have landed in Auckland!

[EDIT]
I still haven't had a chance to actually get them running do to other commitments in the week, but I can't help getting them out now and then to just look at them!

[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:03:44 AM by mickster04 »

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2574 on: June 04, 2018, 09:04:40 AM »
While at D E M U on Sunday I asked Mike Hale how do you take the coaches apart to fit the light bars and passengers , he said the instructions are all in the manual that comes with the Pendoís ,so I  said as Iím  a bit clumsy can you show me how easy it is ,he took one off the stand and although the black piece under the doors was a bit tight they just pulled off then you really need finger nails or very thin plastic to insert between the coach sides and the chassis as per other makes  he did make it look easy so I might try one my self ,but if I find it too risky  Snowwolflair said he will fit the lights for me as he has allready done his own and I can glue some passengers in while he does it .
Ben and Mike really are a couple of great guys always willing to have a chat even with me .
Bob Tidbury

Offline carderrail

• Awards
« Reply #2575 on: June 05, 2018, 06:00:04 PM »
Will the replacement wheel sets be sent out to those who didn't receive them OR do I have to email your support to get them ?
:bump:

Does this mean someone else has found an off-centre wheelset - still need to test all my Pendo (ordered some Kato track to fully test) but the one I have tested has a horrible wobble on one power car.... going to be busy testing next week.

Tony

Offline Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #2576 on: June 05, 2018, 06:03:35 PM »
Will the replacement wheel sets be sent out to those who didn't receive them OR do I have to email your support to get them ?
:bump:

Does this mean someone else has found an off-centre wheelset - still need to test all my Pendo (ordered some Kato track to fully test) but the one I have tested has a horrible wobble on one power car.... going to be busy testing next week.

Tony

Have you checked its assembled properly.

Offline carderrail

• Awards
« Reply #2577 on: June 05, 2018, 06:06:26 PM »

Tony

Have you checked its assembled properly.

Its deffo looks like the wheel - I have powered the axles and held the unit upside-down, once I have tested all the Pendos I will dig deeper...

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #2578 on: June 05, 2018, 07:42:52 PM »
The replacement wheel sets were not supplied with the vast majority of sets.

We do not recommend them unless specifically needed e.g. 2mm FS etc or very generous curves and no gradients. If you don't need them then we do not recommend them as that is not how the model has been designed and tuned for running.

Cheers Mike

Offline StufromEGDL

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • So there's a picture of the real thing like that??
    • Awards
« Reply #2579 on: June 05, 2018, 10:46:49 PM »
Hi Lindi,

Coaches U and F were later additions to make the Pendolinos from 9 car to 11 car and the chevrons wer not included in the livery application.
Therefore your set is accurate livery-wise.

Later,
Stu from EGDL.
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £315.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
105% 
January Donations

Advertise Here
anything