!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

N gauge Pendolino

Yes I'd invest in a crowd sourcing venture for a 9 car N gauge Pendolino
62 (36.3%)
No I wouldn't
78 (45.6%)
I have voted on the RMWeb poll so cannot vote here
31 (18.1%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Author Topic: Pendolino - a new approach  (Read 296304 times)

Offline talisman56

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23209
    • Awards
Re: Pendolino - a new approach
« Reply #2835 on: January 08, 2019, 02:35:37 AM »
My Pendolino arrived today. I thought I'd ordered a DC version, the order on the website says DC, the despatch note in the parcel says DC, but the label on the back of the box says DCC/Sound...  :D
If it is actually the higher spec model in the box sent to you in error (and not just the wrong label on the box), you have no automatic right to keep the higher spec model. You should report it to the vendor, who should then either confirm you can keep it at no extra charge, or arrange for exchange for the correct spec model at their expense but at your convenience. They may also offer you the option to keep the higher spec version for an additional payment which may be a reduced proportion of the difference in cost, but you have the right to reject that 'upgrade' offer and instead take the exchange for the correct spec model.

If I was going to keep a wrongly-delivered item, do you think I would post the error for all to see?
My inspiration - never let a setback get you down...

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Offline PLD

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Hull Miniature Railway Society
    • Awards
« Reply #2836 on: January 08, 2019, 07:41:00 AM »
My Pendolino arrived today. I thought I'd ordered a DC version, the order on the website says DC, the despatch note in the parcel says DC, but the label on the back of the box says DCC/Sound...  :D
If it is actually the higher spec model in the box sent to you in error (and not just the wrong label on the box), you have no automatic right to keep the higher spec model. You should report it to the vendor, who should then either confirm you can keep it at no extra charge, or arrange for exchange for the correct spec model at their expense but at your convenience. They may also offer you the option to keep the higher spec version for an additional payment which may be a reduced proportion of the difference in cost, but you have the right to reject that 'upgrade' offer and instead take the exchange for the correct spec model.

If I was going to keep a wrongly-delivered item, do you think I would post the error for all to see?
Hopefully not; however you post (particularly the use of the grinning smiley) could easily be interpreted by readers as "look at me - aren't I a lucky boy - I only paid for the basic model, but I've got the Sound version"

Offline talisman56

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23209
    • Awards
« Reply #2837 on: January 08, 2019, 10:43:51 AM »

Hopefully not; however you post (particularly the use of the grinning smiley) could easily be interpreted by readers as "look at me - aren't I a lucky boy - I only paid for the basic model, but I've got the Sound version"

It could equally be I didn't expect to get a DCC version as DC was the only option available, but I have got a DCC version and I will be making offline contact with suppliers to see what the situation is.

So can we can this conver now?
My inspiration - never let a setback get you down...

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2838 on: January 08, 2019, 11:01:15 AM »
Global Moderator Comment I obviously can't lock the thread but will monitor it with special regard between posts between you and hope the 'conversation' is over

Offline squit13

• N Gauge Society Number: 25030
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #2839 on: January 08, 2019, 03:46:32 PM »
Does anybody know what Courier Revolution use to send out the Pendolinos please, just so I know whether to expect it with Royal Mail!

Thanks

Offline PaulCheffus

• N Gauge Society Number: 4575
  • 2mm Association Number: 4172
    • Awards
« Reply #2840 on: January 08, 2019, 03:53:20 PM »
Does anybody know what Courier Revolution use to send out the Pendolinos please, just so I know whether to expect it with Royal Mail!

Thanks

Hi

Mine (from the original dispatch) came via Parcel Force.

Cheers

Paul

Offline RegRail148

• Awards
« Reply #2841 on: January 08, 2019, 04:20:11 PM »

Thanks

Mine arrived yesterday too, with Royal Mail  ;)

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #2842 on: January 08, 2019, 05:57:30 PM »
A mix of Royal Mail or Parcelforce - depends whether your set is over 2kg or not.

Cheers Mike

Offline squit13

• N Gauge Society Number: 25030
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #2843 on: January 09, 2019, 10:53:03 AM »
Thanks for the knowledge guys. Parcelforce brought mine, left it at the post office. I had a little excursion after I got home!
Stunning model, absolutely stunning.
I had to throw together a loop to run it on. Dining table and two floor boards part if a building project!

I seem to remember light bars being available, are there any available, any ideas where I can get them please?

Thank you again,

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £325.00
Above Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
January Donations

Advertise Here