!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Pendolino - a new livery  (Read 722 times)

Online RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: Pendolino - a new livery
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 11:50:11 PM »
Recently rode an 802 from Bristol to Didcot. Wasn't impressed much. A smoother ride than, but not as comfortable a cabin and seating as the venerable 43.
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2019, 12:13:07 AM »
some pretty interesting discussions over the franchise takeover, the ownership, and seating , preferences. i would like to see  maybe hand rails behind seats. you know if the train jerks, moves suddenly,jolts and you have been to the buffet car, shop or whatever it is called.  You need something to hang onto

also coat hooks seems small. incidentals.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 09:37:01 AM by crewearpley40 »

Offline acko22

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR - HONOURING THE PAST, HELPING TODAY
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2019, 02:49:43 AM »
Hi all,

As to the livery (please don't quote me on this one) but my understanding is that the DfT allows for trains have a full company livery applied so the Pendolinos could end up in say dynamic lines livery.
However at the end of franchise if they have lost it they have to pay for the trains to be returned to a white base coat similar to what we see the virgin fleet in not or Northern currently where it is a white base with company colours applied as overlays, the reason been that a number of new franchises have complained of the cost of removing the previous franchise operators livery.

So what livery we will see could well be affected by this, and how the new West Coast Partnership is ran buy the new operator.

Offline davidinyork

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2019, 06:22:59 AM »
I do not know what the seats are like in the 800 series.

Most new commuter services have ironing board seating.

The seats on the 800s are better than Pendolinos, but far too hard - and the power sockets are in a really awkward position under the front edge of the seat.

Northern's new units, plus the refitted 158s, are getting ironing board (Fainsa) seats, but with extra padding which actually improves them considerably.

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2019, 06:40:30 AM »
Observations. Designers, have they thought of what if. .there is a rare power loss/ emergency then one would like a building require emergency lit signage. Back to power sockets agree. Its awkward. Surely one would think put sockets for  phones, laptops given the business and leisure travellers in more accessible positions?

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2019, 08:04:59 AM »
what struck me virgin have the east coast / cross country ? franchises - will they retain ?

Virgin handed back the East Coast franchise last year, which is now publicly run as LNER, they lost the Cross Country franchise to Arriva in 2007.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here