!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Hawksworth coaches  (Read 13382 times)

Offline Hailstone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17138
    • Awards
Re: Hawksworth coaches
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2018, 07:06:22 PM »
Western Champion was an ebay purchase, no one else bid for it - mind you it is a Graham Farish one

Regards,

Alex

Offline johnlambert

• N Gauge Society Number: 23717
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2018, 08:55:07 AM »
My four arrived from Hatton's* last week. Lovely looking coaches, but surprisingly not very free-running. It wasn't just one rogue coach, they were all like that. I had them running round the loft behind a tender-drive Black Five and it struggled a bit to get going, although it was OK once it got some speed up. Maybe they'll ease off once they've been run a few more times. Whereas the GWR-liveried ones ran much more freely right from the start. Anyone else had issues with this?
PW

*Other suppliers of expensive Chinese toys are available.

One of my Maroon Hawskworth coaches had a tight wheelset; I identified the offending axle, ensured it was seated correctly in the bearings and gave the bogie frame a bit of a squeeze across the axle boxes.  This has resulted in a much more free-rolling coach.

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2018, 07:38:07 PM »
Two photos. of my four Maroon Hawskworth coaches (in the same formation) passing through Cant Cove on a return special working to Trewoon Junction and Pentewan (for Mevagissey) but behind one of my NB Type 2's, D6319.

And close-ups of each one:

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:39:25 PM by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2018, 09:01:07 PM »
Western Champion was an ebay purchase, no one else bid for it - mind you it is a Graham Farish one

Regards,

Alex

Thanks, Alex. I had wondered whether it was a Graham Farish "Western" (the first DCC-fitted loco. I bought was a GF BR Maroon D1023). Yours does look very good. I don't think Dapol has ever made a model of D1015 in this livery?

Offline Hailstone

• N Gauge Society Number: 17138
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2018, 10:12:09 PM »
According to the seller, it is a pro respray Chris, I am not so sure as the Crest at each end is the wrong one, but it looks good enough for the moment. I may get proper crests for it later, but there are plenty other things in my to do list at the moment.

Regards

Alex

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2018, 05:24:26 PM »
According to the seller, it is a pro respray, Chris, I am not so sure as the Crest at each end is the wrong one, but it looks good enough for the moment. I may get proper crests for it later, but there are plenty other things in my to-do list at the moment.

Regards

Alex

Thanks, Alex. It looks very good in the photo. I think 2mm scale BR coaching crests are available as transfers?

Regards,
Chris

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £317.00
Above Goal: £262.00
Site Currency: GBP
576% 
December Donations

Advertise Here