!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Making a start in N Gauge, By Richard Bardsley Review  (Read 2006 times)

Offline zero

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Making a start in N Gauge, By Richard Bardsley Review
« on: May 25, 2014, 02:04:33 PM »
Making a start in N Gauge, By Richard Bardsley

Book Review:
I've had this book for just about 24 hours now, very interesting book. Covers the subject very well,  lots of sections, each covered well and in depth, but from a very basic prospective to start.

Sadly Kato Unitrack is'nt that well covered probably be cause it's modular and your options with it basically is to click or un click it. But some excellent coverage on using and modifying flexitrack to suit all need and that covers from the very basic, to a advanced level.

Basically as a total beginner I'm finding this book very useful.  With some good ldeas , even with Unitrack layouts.  I'm glad I purchased this book, finding very easy to read by a section over cover to cover.  Certainly opening my eyes to how much has changed since I last had access to a model railway set, and how much more can be done, with Dcc.

Dave

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_18?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=making+a+start+in+n+gauge+railway+modelling&sprefix=making+a+start+in+%2Caps%2C585&rh=n%3A266239%2Ck%3Amaking+a+start+in+n+gauge+railway+modelling

ISBN: 978-1-84797-556-0

Score: 4
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 02:21:18 PM by zero, Reason: correction »

Offline Fireman Wallie

• Awards
Re: Making a start in N Gauge, By Richard Bardsley Review
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 07:27:35 PM »
Hi Zero

Well you have had the book nearly a year, what your view on it now 8)

FW

Offline Headly South

• Awards
Re: Making a start in N Gauge, By Richard Bardsley Review
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 09:35:33 AM »
I have a copy of the book. I read it cover to cover and found it to be a fascinating read. There are tons of pictures, and things are explained in a very easy to understand way.

I would say this book is a must for the beginner, but I would say there is still useful information inside for people other than beginners, for example, if you have a DC Layout and want information on DCC, different coupling types, fitting decoder chips, different methods for construction of scenery and buildings... the list goes on.

I mentioned this book in a welcome video I did on my youtube channel, link to the video is below

Dave

https://youtu.be/f1hJ3Osrg44
2 wrongs don't make a right...  But 3 lefts do  :P

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you  :o

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations