!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Trepol Bay ??  (Read 179471 times)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
Re: Trepol Bay ??
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2014, 09:46:47 AM »
That's a relief. The Head Brewer at the Castle Brewery would hate it if the landlord of the "Cornish Arms" had to serve beer that had not settled properly or, even worse, ran out of beer altogether! Remember that song: "A Pub with No Beer"?

A picture of D9501 with one of Wadebridge's 20T ex-LNER Toad E's in BR grey (to carry the two crates of beer bottles back in) will be posted on the Cant Cove thread. (The van still needs the roof to be weathered but, otherwise, apart from a little very light sanding -- too much paint in places -- application of the black data panels and white handrails, I'm quite pleased with it, for a first attempt). The next Toad E repaint will be heading for Trepol Bay, on transfer; it can be either in BR grey (would be E162261 or E178583) or BR Red Oxide (1949 scheme), as you wish. The third will be in BR Red Oxide as Wadebridge's E178583.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 04:35:29 PM by Chris in Prague »

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2014, 04:27:44 PM »
Bought a spur of the moment "loco" today. Second hand , to run shuttle services between Trepol Bay and Port Perran.
Picture later  :confused2:
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline smileyjon

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2014, 05:54:29 PM »
Come on Martin . . what is it ?

An american BIG BOY perhaps . . . that would so suit your Port Perran setting and just the job to haul up the hill from the docks  :claphappy:

Offline mika

• Awards
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2014, 06:47:40 PM »
 :laughabovepost:

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2014, 07:26:39 PM »
Come on Martin . . what is it ?
An american BIG BOY perhaps . . . that would so suit your Port Perran setting and just the job to haul up the hill from the docks  :claphappy:
Not quite that big !!

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2014, 07:54:54 PM »
So....visited Mevagissey today as we had to drop some things off at a local shop.
Went into the model shop which previously had been a bit limited with N gauge stock and I was pleasantly surprised.
They had some second hand stock and saw this little beauty which I HAD to buy for 45-00.

Really helpful chap in the shop who took his time to test and run the loco at slow and fast speeds.
Got it home and REALLY pleased with its performance - crawls well at very slow speed.
Not typical for Trepol Bay but I shall imagine that it's on test running off season locals between Port Perran and Trepol Bay.

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2014, 07:59:03 PM »
Also visited Charlestown harbour today and took a few photos for inspiration for Trepol Bay.
I'm sharing just a couple for interest :

Dockside warehouses built into the harbour retaining wall.

An old shute which I believe was used for loading china clay into boats from road vehicles.
I'd like to incorporate both of these into Trepol Bay.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2014, 08:28:52 PM »
So....visited Mevagissey today as we had to drop some things off at a local shop.
Went into the model shop which previously had been a bit limited with N gauge stock and I was pleasantly surprised.
They had some second hand stock and saw this little beauty which I HAD to buy for 45-00.

Really helpful chap in the shop who took his time to test and run the loco at slow and fast speeds.
Got it home and REALLY pleased with its performance - crawls well at very slow speed.
Not typical for Trepol Bay but I shall imagine that it's on test running off season locals between Port Perran and Trepol Bay.

Very nice, Martin. I have one, too, bought DCC-fitted, in BR Green livery (for which I paid rather more than you, I recall, on eBay, last year, so you really did get a bargain) plus one in preserved GWR livery (not DCC-fitted, not a priority) which will be part of the Bodmin GWS fleet at Bodmin General shed.

My excuse for having one is that, when W30W was withdrawn, sometime between 196062, it was overhauled using parts from withdrawn examples at Worcester depot (the following ended their days there: 5,6,20,22,23,24,26,32) and then, similarly, sent for trials running off season locals between Penmayne, Cant Cove, and Wadebridge, with occasional extensions to Bodmin General and Bodmin Road, early mornings and late evenings. Later, when the Class 122 single car DMU 'Bubble car' W55017 arrived at Plymouth Laira for local use from Penmayne diesel depot, W30W was kept as a backup, at Penmayne. If yours is also W30W, then the through service between Port Perran and Trepol Bay could, sometimes, be extended to Wadebridge and then on to Penmayne as a holidaymakers' special; maybe on summer Saturdays? (The Isle of Wight in BR steam days, used to have a special holidaymakers' train that ran across the island.)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2014, 08:32:39 PM »
Thanks, Martin. The two photos are very helpful. The differing stone colours will be useful as I'm trying to finish the stone overbridge sides. The chute is not quite the same as I have in mind for the larger one for stones at Cant Cove but, again, the colours are handy to refer to.

Offline smileyjon

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2014, 11:32:22 PM »
Very very nice . . . . and a good price to boot.  And it has to be seen running on your layout.  After all . . . it is your layout

Jon

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2014, 08:02:05 AM »
Thanks Jon.
Will probably have a bit of a play, sorry run in, with the railcar this evening.
And Chris, yes it is W20.

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2014, 08:12:25 AM »
Love that green banana! Sadly not produced anymore. If it's running well, sounds like a great buy. And remember... Rule 1 rules!  :thumbsup:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2014, 09:55:04 AM »
Any secondhand non-DCC fitted Graham Farish model motive power I always ask the seller to send to BRLines, on my behalf, for a test / service / repair so i'm sure that I won't have any problems. Anything sent to Wickness Models for DCC-fitting always gets a light service as part of the DCC fitting. So, fingers crossed, all my stock SHOULD work without any problems.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2014, 06:10:58 PM »
Once I've sorted out my beer casks, I'll take a photo of W30W, with an unusual tail load, hired for the Castle Brewery workers' day trip to Port Perran Bay as a special 'thank you' from the Head Brewer for all the (paid) overtime they willing put in because of the recent heatwave!

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2014, 10:25:57 AM »
On Cant Cove (and Penmayne), as promised, there are 2 pictures of W30W, fresh from an overhaul at Swindon Works using the best parts from its withdrawn sisters at Worcester loco shed, setting off for Port Perran with a Penmayne driver and Worcester depot traction inspector conveying a group of staff from the Castle Brewery at Cant Cove on a day out. W30W has a "Castle Brewery" dark blue liveried wagon behind carefully loaded with casks of "Castle Ale" and Alsace-brewed "Kronenbourg" lager (for the tourists) for delivery to the pubs in Port Perran and Trepol Bay (such an opportunity for quick delivery was too good for the brewery manager to miss).

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything