!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

What do you think of this model?

Superb
1 (7.7%)
Good
7 (53.8%)
OK
1 (7.7%)
Poor
3 (23.1%)
Terrible
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Graham Farish - Class 91's - From 1990's  (Read 2985 times)

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
Graham Farish - Class 91's - From 1990's
« on: January 22, 2011, 08:17:46 PM »
 :NGaugeForum:

Offline captainelectra

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Electra Rail
    • Awards
Re: Graham Farish - Class 91's - From 1990's
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 12:08:41 PM »
The Farish 91 looks terrrible at first, due to the skirt and bufferbeam moving with the bogie but with a little TLC, as actually an excellent model. The main areas of work are:

Mount the front bufferbeam and skirting onto the body. Fit end pipes and ETH (Dapol spares, etc). Square off the tops of the buffers.

Change the pantograph for a Tomix / Greenmax single arm type. Dapol are bringing out a correct Brecknall-Willis pantograph as a spare this year.  ;D

If required, apply weathering to the underframe and bogies. The bodysides are normally kept clean but the underframe, inner end and roof do attract the dirt.

The GNER variants have the underframe incorrectly painted blue - this needs to be black.

The Intercity Mk4s can be considerably enhanced with BR Lines interiors and Electra overlays (Plug!!)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Electra Rail
Peterborough, UK
http://www.electrarail.co.uk
Flick Site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27017199@N07/

Offline mickster04

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26540
  • The sing of the rails, music to my ears
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Links to mikes online presense
    • Awards
Re: Graham Farish - Class 91's - From 1990's
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 08:48:47 PM »
Sorry to resurrect an old post but do you per-chance have some pictures of your modified 91? I just got hold of a non-runner and post getting it working I want to modify it a little bit to make it a little more realistic.

One thing I could do with is a service sheet, is there any comparable model chassis out there that I can use as a guide for taking this one apart safely?

I also happen to have a replacement pantograph from dapol now so That should be an easy but effective addition! :D

Thanks for any help!

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal