!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol Grange...maybe sometime soon.  (Read 42991 times)

Offline Karhedron

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
Re: Dapol Grange...maybe sometime soon.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 08:58:11 AM »
Sounds plausible. No one mentioned any progress at the Dapol open day. I wonder if there will be any updates at Warley?
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline trkilliman

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 02:46:37 PM »
So here we are 12 months on, still waiting for the Grange to arrive.

Online GrahamB

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 04:16:21 PM »
I asked at Ally Pally.

They said June (This year) so I said I'd better save up for TINGS. There was a knowing smile, nothing more.

Offline Karhedron

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 04:26:05 PM »
I think the 2nd EP (with the speedo bracket removed) was shown a little while ago at Ally Pally. Assuming there are no issues discovered with it, they could probably manufacture and ship in the space of a few months. So TINGS in September would be plausible.
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2015, 09:12:29 PM »
I asked at Ally Pally.

They said June (This year) so I said I'd better save up for TINGS. There was a knowing smile, nothing more.

Is that TINGS 2016? :hmmm:

Online GrahamB

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 09:44:55 PM »
I asked at Ally Pally.

Is that TINGS 2016? :hmmm:
I'm hoping 2015 but yes, probably 2016.

Online Rowlie

• N Gauge Society Number: 20349
  • 2mm Association Number: 4846
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2015, 11:00:30 PM »
Hi, the Dapol website is showing some of the Granges are now in stock.

Online Stevie DC

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 04:44:56 PM »
Hi, the Dapol website is showing some of the Granges are now in stock.

Wow! Am I right in thinking that this is the first new design loco released by Dapol in a couple of years?

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 05:13:57 PM »
 :hmmm:
Methinks I'll wait for some reviews and the discount period to end before committing to one of them.
Just hope there's some left then :worried:

Online Stevie DC

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 06:21:10 PM »
Methinks I'll wait for some reviews and the discount period to end before committing to one of them.

It's only a GWR locomotive so I'm sure that'll be some left over... I mean how popular could they possibly be!!!!  :smiley-laughing:

Seriously though, it is an iconic locomotive and judging by how the Hornby one appeared to be received a few years ago, I'd get your order in earlier rather than later - or wait until TINGS and see if Dapol are doing their famous discount sales stand...

However, this could finally offer a Dapol source for 5'8 driving wheels which I could find a few uses for.

Now where is that valanced A4....?  ???

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 09:13:00 PM »

It's only a GWR locomotive so I'm sure that'll be some left over... I mean how popular could they possibly be!!!!  :smiley-laughing:

I'm sure one would look good alongside my Farish Castle and Ixion Manor as opposed to any Long Narrow Elderly Relic :nerner:

Offline Karhedron

• Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 11:05:23 PM »
IIRC Dapol do not enforce a limited discount period the way Farish do. Shops are free to sell at whatever price they like. Any further discounts will probably only come if any liveries prove hard to shift.

Offline paulprice

• Sadly Passed Away
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2015, 09:23:31 AM »

Seriously though, it is an iconic locomotive and judging by how the Hornby one appeared to be received a few years ago, I'd get your order in earlier rather than later - or wait until TINGS and see if Dapol are doing their famous discount sales stand...

However, this could finally offer a Dapol source for 5'8 driving wheels which I could find a few uses for.

Now where is that valanced A4....?  ???

Atso, I admit it would be good to see a valanced A4, the more of these machines that are covered up the better LOL  :laugh: Now am I the only one who things a model totally covered by a tarp is a ver good idea ?  >:D >:D >:D

Online Stevie DC

• Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2015, 10:11:48 AM »
I'm sure one would look good alongside my Farish Castle and Ixion Manor as opposed to any Long Narrow Elderly Relic :nerner:

What's the difference between these locomotives? They all look the same to me!  :smiley-laughing: (tongue firmly in cheek here as I can just about identify most of the GWR 4-6-0 types!)

Atso, I admit it would be good to see a valanced A4, the more of these machines that are covered up the better LOL  :laugh: Now am I the only one who things a model totally covered by a tarp is a ver good idea ?  >:D >:D >:D

Watch it you or I'll cut up another Jubilee to make it into a 'better locomotive'!  >:D >:D >:D

Back on topic though, the Grange EPs I've seen look fantastic and while not within my own current modelling interests, I hope that it turns out to be as good in the performance area is it is in it's looks.  :D

Offline Karhedron

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2015, 10:17:24 AM »
With 6880 Betton Grange taking shape at Llangollen, hopefully there will be future opportunities for modern image modelers looking for steam specials.  :angel:

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
55% 
September Donations

anything