!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Mk1 lighting  (Read 887 times)

Offline upnick

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • Awards
Mk1 lighting
« on: September 18, 2011, 11:31:45 AM »
i  All,   

I have some  Mk1   Farish   coaches which  came with  an   Eastnor  castle i  bought which   came  in  the set originally i   believe,  &  would like to fit  some internal  lighting to  them  but  the printing allows  the light to seep  through the coach   sides has anyone found a way around this ?

Offline scotsoft

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Scottish n' Newcastle
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Mk1 lighting
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 12:25:58 PM »
How about a coat of matt black paint inside?

Offline upnick

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 01:54:45 PM »
How about a coat of matt black paint inside?

True it's just painting around the window frames on the inside that i  dont  fancy  doing  ........... very  fiddly  ::)

Offline Alex

• Trade Count: (+13)
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 03:12:54 PM »
Hi Nick,

I know it sounds very fiddly and time consuming but how about using strips of black decal around the window frames? Or even black electrical tape?

Alex

Offline upnick

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 03:34:38 PM »
Hi Nick,

I know it sounds very fiddly and time consuming but how about using strips of black decal around the window frames? Or even black electrical tape?

Alex

::) ::) Now why didnt i think  of  strips of decal  to surround the windows   :thumbsup:

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 06:22:48 PM »
i  All,   

I have some  Mk1   Farish   coaches which  came with  an   Eastnor  castle i  bought which   came  in  the set originally i   believe,  &  would like to fit  some internal  lighting to  them  but  the printing allows  the light to seep  through the coach   sides has anyone found a way around this ?

Replace them with the newest style Bachmann Farish coaches. The alternatives are all pretty complicated and involve things like cutting vinyls to match the windows then fitting them on the inside and lining them up exactly. Really it's easier to replace the coaches with the nice new ones (and cheaper I suspect) than to do major surgery on the old ones.

Alan

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £275.00
Above Goal: £220.00
Site Currency: GBP
500% 
December Donations

Advertise Here