!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol 2014/5 catalogue  (Read 18519 times)

Offline NJB

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 15085
    • Awards
Re: Dapol 2014/5 catalogue
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2014, 05:55:21 PM »
Dr Joel Bright has acted, and is sending me an up to date brochure.

That's good service.. ;D
N J Bennett

Offline talisman56

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23209
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2014, 04:20:14 PM »
I'm thinking of getting a Maunsell green UM T9 and wondering should I pre order the Dapol Maunsell Set 450 Lined Green BR (2P-012-251) for it to haul.
I suspect that would look very smart indeed. I like Dapol's sets and it was a good move to offer Maunsells in this format since the SR ran so much of its stock in semi-permenant sets.

I've pre-ordered a Maunsell set too - just in time, it seems as Hattons are going to apply the Bachmann/Farish price increases on pre-orders at the weekend...

Have been perusing my reference books, and it seems that Dapol are producing a wider variety of Maunsell stock than is at first apparent.

1) The Maunsell set (number 450, BTK-CK-CK-BTK, vehicle numbers 4069-5161-5162-4070) is should be a low-window Restriction 1 (8' 6" body width) set.

2) From looking at the CADs of the other coaches I have seen, the Brake vehicle has inset luggage bay and guard's duckets, which makes it a Restriction 4 (9' 0" body width, 8' 7" at the luggage end) vehicle. If it is supposed to be a Brake Composite, then that rules out it matching the 'set' as there were never any R1 Brake Compos. I haven't seen the corridor side of the Brake so can't comment on whether it is a low- or high-window coach*.

3) The non-brake vehicles I have seen CADs for (Third and Composite) have both been for low-window versions, so hopefully the Brake is a low-window one so it matches the other 'loose' coaches being produced, and the non-brake vehicles are R4, to match the Brake...

I guess we will have to see some pictures of the actual items (EPs, any one?) before seeing exactly what is coming out, but if my idle speculation is correct then we will have a bit more to celebrate...

*By low-window and high-window I am referring to the windows on the corridor side of the coach, which in low-window vehicles are all the same height; in high-window coaches, the corridor windows are extended to cantrail level, whereas the door and pseudo-door windows are the conventional size. Coaches made before 1929 are low-window types, those 1929 and later were high-window.

PS: The old, old Farish 'general purpose' corridor vehicles are spitting images for Maunsell R1 high-window stock...
My inspiration - never let a setback get you down...

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Offline Karhedron

• N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »
Dapol have not listed a Brake Composite (sadly) in the catalogue. This is a bit of a shame as I would like to do a P-set. I would go by what is listed in the catalogue and not assume we are going to get an extra freebies.

I am tempted by the 4-coach set but I really wish they were doing one in Malachite livery as I model the post-war scene.

It seems odd that the Schools Class is only being released in Malachite green and the coaches are only being released in Maunsell Olive. Also the light Pacifics are more associated with Malachite. It is an odd choice of livery that does not match.  :-\
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2014, 07:36:20 PM »
Yes, it does seem to be rather odd their choice of unmatched greens. Anyone know why they would decide to do that?

I have a Schools on pre order and wonder what I will run with it. Meanwhile I'm looking forward to the time when I can see my new UM T9 (great looking loco) with the Dapol Maunsell set.

Dave G

Offline Karhedron

• Awards
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2014, 08:01:44 PM »
Well, Dapol have said that they will do other liveries including malachite on the coaches eventually and Osborn's are doing a Schools in Maunsell green so I guess we will get all combinations eventually.  :hmmm:
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline talisman56

• Awards
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2014, 08:10:35 PM »
Dapol have not listed a Brake Composite (sadly) in the catalogue. This is a bit of a shame as I would like to do a P-set. I would go by what is listed in the catalogue and not assume we are going to get an extra freebies.

Dapol's website (not often updated, I grant you, so not a reliable source) lists a Brake Composite. Further investigation of the options on the eHattons website reveals the Brake coach to be a 3rd...

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2014, 08:34:43 PM »
Hardly a spitting image. End windows roof and other bits wrong but a good basis.

I'm not sure I'd read anything into proposed Dapol numbers.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2014, 08:41:51 PM »
What I was pleased (I think) to see is their 'No Gap' corridor connector.

Wonder if there's a small magnet to link the coaches and will there be a retro fit option for other coaches at any point?

Dave G

Offline Caz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2014, 08:58:21 AM »
Maybe some of you have already found this but whilst searching Google for info on the forthcoming Maunsell coaches I came across this useful link which is not that obvious when you are navigating the main Dapol website.  It has info on all their upcoming releases, click on the various links and you can see the current state of all their new releases, see http://dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=179_298_300

Offline MinZaPint

• N Gauge Society Number: 19352
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2014, 12:38:44 PM »
Maybe some of you have already found this but whilst searching Google for info on the forthcoming Maunsell coaches I came across this useful link which is not that obvious when you are navigating the main Dapol website.  It has info on all their upcoming releases, click on the various links and you can see the current state of all their new releases, see http://dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=179_298_300

Have been looking at that Launch section of their site for sometime hoping for positive news on the WC/BoB's, they were showing the M7 as 0-6-0? until I pointed it out to them!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Offline CarriageShed

• N Gauge Society Number: 24383
  • Beechinged 1981-2013
    • Ebay
    • Twitter
    • The History Files
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2014, 01:45:57 PM »

Been a while since I saw that. The release date has slipped by a quarter but there's certainly more info available now for the Maunsell coaches. The brake van is interesting. I wonder if that's a 48ft converted LSWR fruit van. I already have my eyes on the Ultima kit for that.

Offline Karhedron

• Awards
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2014, 02:09:37 PM »
A shame that they do not appear to have been able to align the release of the Maunsells with either of their new SR locos. Still, I am sure they will sell well regardless.

Offline Roy L S

• Awards
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2014, 02:16:12 PM »
A shame that they do not appear to have been able to align the release of the Maunsells with either of their new SR locos. Still, I am sure they will sell well regardless.

Best they don't hold them for the Schools and West Country/BoB to appear, those locos are so far past their originally planned release dates it is a joke!

Roy

Offline talisman56

• Awards
« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2014, 07:18:58 PM »

If they've got 'em, release them... I've got other locos that can haul them without applying 'Rule 1'...

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2014, 09:45:49 PM »
Weathered maroon Bulleid pacific with small yellow warning panel, anyone :-X

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31