!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Irwell Valley Railway  (Read 22511 times)

Offline lil chris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
Re: Irwell Valley Railway
« Reply #780 on: Yesterday at 06:47:14 PM »
I have had a good day today me and my good wife went up to near Carnforth to visit my sister and her husband now some of the restrictions have been lifted, no hugging allowed, social distancing observed by all.

Re the railway I plan to work on the Pine Forrest tonight, I need to decide how to plant the trees and then work out if my plan will work, pics to follow later.
Lil Chris
My new layout here, Irwell Valley Railway. https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47127.0

my old layout was East Lancashire Lines.

Offline degsy_safc

• Awards
« Reply #781 on: Yesterday at 07:30:56 PM »
The landscape is looking really nice Chris, if you are drilling holes and gluing, could you stick the trees in place with a bit of blue tac to hold them on a temp basis till the glue sets.

Alternatively I f you want a glue that will go off almost instantly this is fantastic, but beware as it is solid in about 5 seconds..

https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-mitre-adhesive-200ml/41795?tc=SA4&ds_kid=92700048793315993&ds_rl=1249416&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3ZX4BRDmARIsAFYh7ZK5G3XOa3joVwHz3IDds_8SayC7PiAqIMJMHSNkVu_yXr0HvMuakrwaAvgTEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

The small tube is ordinary superglue, the spray can is an activator, glue one side, activate the other and get them in position ASAP as it sets solid in about 5 seconds, itís great for holding mitres in place for frames etc, they donít move, in fact youíd probs break the timber first..

Cheers Derek
Cheers Derek

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #782 on: Yesterday at 11:09:12 PM »
Thanks Derek @degsy_safc  a change of plan, I decided the location was too steep anyway for the trees plus I need to make sure the trees do not protrude over the top of the back board. So I have glued some pieces of some sort of plastic packing in place on the bottom of the slope to level the hill ready for the forrest. The plan is when dry to put plaster bandage over the top, and what I am thinking of doing is plaster bandage over some of the bases at the front so I can remove some of the trees at the front while I place the back ones. I do not have enough bases for all the trees anyway, I intend to use some of the taller trees at the front and bottom with the smaller trees behind and higher up which should fool the perspective, I hope, so no pics tonight. I have also done some painting around the tunnel mouths, I am pleased with how the Peco tunnel mouth is beggining to look, so getting there at last.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:10:20 PM by lil chris »
Lil Chris
My new layout here, Irwell Valley Railway. https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47127.0

my old layout was East Lancashire Lines.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal