New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Shrewford Mk2 N gauge, BR Sectorisation 1986-88  (Read 2447 times)

Offline 1977joey

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Shrewford Mk2 N gauge, BR Sectorisation 1986-88
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2018, 10:13:33 PM »
Hi Everyone,

First of all thankyou again for all the kind comments  :thankyousign:, glad you like the layout & that it's also giving some of you inspiration. Coming on this forum helps me get my mojo as working long shifts, modelling just goes out the window once I get home most the time, then I have to feel motivated when I get days off..

Still, i've been keeping at it, this time i've glued on the Customer Information monitors & also fitted the platform lamps (by Knightwing). The monitors were used on my old layout but have had a new coat of yellow paint as they were 'back in the day' on the midland region. I made these from tiny bits of plasticard, they are VERY fiddly to make, but worth the effort as it just brings the station to life.

I'm still unable to run trains properly along Platform 7 apart from very slowly as i'm yet to create a plasticard lip
alongside the baseboard just in case of any derailment, thats in my next 'to do' list!

So.....here are the latest pictures...

The information TV Screens ready to be mounted under the station canopy

This shot showing the back of the 'Arrival' & 'departure' screens that passengers see when they reach the top of the stairs

A zoomed in shot of Platform 4 with a waiting 2 car Class 150/1 Sprinter on a local to Crewe

Now a looking north from the south end of the station

A slightly blurred shot, but the platform lamss can be seen aswell as the signals which are none working scratch built one's using Knightwing traffic light heads...tho I might be looking to replace these with something a bit more accurate in the near future

& finally a zoomed in shot showing an unrefurbished Chester based Class 108 3 car set in Platform 6 on a Wolverhampton stopper.

Now to get the platforms populated & sort out what I'm going to do with the area behind Shrewford no1 Signalbox...watch this space!

Now for a glass of wine ha!

Cheers  :beers:
Mark

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:14:55 PM by 1977joey »

Online Jimmy77

• Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2018, 11:15:17 PM »
Looking great, very atmospheric pictures!

Cheers,

Jimmy
My layout in the workshop
Layout

Offline jamespetts

• Kittens and cake
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2018, 12:28:54 AM »
How splendid! Where did you get the monitors?

Offline Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2018, 04:47:12 AM »
I would recommend a perspex lip to protect from falling off, mounted with bolts and rubber gasket so you can remove it when working on the layout.  Most glass cutters or sign makers will cut and drill perspex quite cheaply especially if its long narrow pieces which they will have as off-cuts. 

NB get them to drill the holes as they will do it without inducing cracks  :D

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2018, 09:03:39 AM »
It's all these small details like the monitors and tannoy speakers that add so much realism to the look. Fabulous.

Offline bluedepot

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2018, 09:30:30 AM »
nice job on your station joey

Tim

Offline grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2018, 07:17:37 PM »
I love the awning clutter, it just moves the whole thing up to next level modelling

Offline 1977joey

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2018, 02:11:16 PM »
Hi Everyone,

as always thankyou for the great comments, its much appreciated  :thankyousign:

Just thought I'd post a few pictures from the other day when I gave the trains a bit of a run, tho I only run the trains slowly along Platform 7 as i'm yet to add the lip alongside the board just in case of any derailment. this will be the same as last time with strips of clear plasticard glued alongside, this has worked well in the past & on my next to do list after the signals are constructed.

I have also started work on the signals, starting off with the gantry for the north end of the station controlling moves out of platforms 3 & 4. These will be completely none working, I'm just happy with a good representation. Maybe in time i may go for electrifying them. I have purchased dummy CR Signals (3 aspect) for the signal heads as these are an excellent representation. I'm using painted pin heads to represent the bulbs & they look really good.

Here are some pictures...

An overall view of the station showing a Class 25 at platform 3 on a parcels service that has terminated, waiting for the signal for shunting the stock to the sidings, while in the bay platforms a 2 car Class 150/1 Sprinter waits at platform 5 with an Aberystwyth service while a 4 car DMU waits at platform 6 with a Cardiff all stops via Hereford

Meanwhile a 3 car Class 150/1 in revised Sprinter livery has arrived at platform 7 with a chester to Birmingham New Street service

& finally the in progress gantry for the Chester end of the station

Cheers for now,
Mark

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 02:13:57 PM by 1977joey »

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2018, 06:21:07 PM »
Lovely pictures, thank you.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Offline grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2018, 07:17:05 PM »
Thats looking really awesome, love the valley lines DMU with the dragon on the nose, I remember those growing up

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2018, 08:14:48 PM »
 :hellosign:   :greatpicturessign:  Looking absolutely awesome, thanks for sharing
     regards Derek.

Offline 1977joey

• Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2018, 01:51:25 PM »
Lovely pictures, thank you.

Thanks Lawrence, glad you like them  :thankyousign:

Thats looking really awesome, love the valley lines DMU with the dragon on the nose, I remember those growing up

Cheers Gumbeast  :thankyousign: I really would like a red dragon on the front of the 108 (& also my large logo Class 37) which was more prototypical, the white one is from the fox transfers Tren-Y-Cwm/Valley train sheet. If I can get my hands on a red one at some point, i'll also add the red 'V' down the front end

:hellosign:   :greatpicturessign:  Looking absolutely awesome, thanks for sharing
     regards Derek.

Many thanks Derek, glad you like it  :thumbsup:

Cheers for now,
Mark

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £200.00
Above Goal: £145.00
Site Currency: GBP
364% 
December Donations