!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)  (Read 19276 times)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)
« Reply #330 on: July 05, 2020, 10:56:07 AM »
Monster, monster :goggleeyes:
A veritable Mighty Wurlitzer of a layout. Can't wait for the next vid (nudge, nudge)

Offline jpendle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23638
    • Awards
« Reply #331 on: July 05, 2020, 03:52:01 PM »
It's all going to be very BIG!

It already is, AND I've had to completely miss Springs Branch out of the plan to get it into the shed.
I've got roughly 35' x 27', but even so, just to do Springs Branch to scale, would take up 20'.

The flyunder to scale would need even more space, so compromises have had to be made.
As it is, it'll still be quite a while before it's even close to being ballasted, let alone signalled, wired (OHLE), and all the scenery done.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

Offline degsy_safc

• Awards
« Reply #332 on: July 05, 2020, 07:19:55 PM »
Great progress John, loving the long platforms in the 3rd and 4th pics. That fiddle yard is massive, youíll be able to get a lot of stuff stored there when itís all fully serviceable. For a train to do a complete loop of the layout, itíll take quite a while, it only takes 72 seconds for a train to do a complete lap of my layout  :laugh:

Keep up the good work..

Cheers Derek
Cheers Derek

Offline jpendle

• Awards
« Reply #333 on: July 07, 2020, 01:27:28 AM »
Well, I got the track laid and tested on two of the three sidings before I ran out of track pins and rail joiners, I'll have to buy some more, and to make the postage worthwhile I might have to throw in a loco as well  :D

I also got my replacement motor bogie tower for a CL150 in the post from Barwell today, it only got posted to me on the 26th June, and with the July 4th holiday in the way I think that's pretty good going by RM and the USPS.

I hopped over to the shed and tried it out and the unit runs perfectly now. I have had to add a wire between the PCB and one of the motor contacts and the contact strip came away from the PCB quite a while ago when I was trying to get it running. This caused problems as I couldn't get the body back on as the wire was sitting outside of the PCB and chassis. I resoldered it so that it's tucked away inside the chassis and the body now fits fine.

Here's what I mean

I've left the bodyshell off as I need to fit decoders to it, but they haven't arrived yet.

In contrast to RM, the decoders were shipped out with Fedex on the 23rd and by last Wednesday they were 'out for delivery', except they weren't  :(

I called Fedex on Thursday and I got a call back from their local office saying that, although they have the package, it can't be released for delivery, as they are waiting official docs to show they have cleared customs. So they are sat less than 10 miles away and I can't get them >:(

Regards,

John P

Offline jpendle

• Awards
« Reply #334 on: July 08, 2020, 08:01:56 PM »
Hi,

I've ordered the track pins and joiners that I need, and a Colas CL70 fell into the box as well. I needed something to make the postage worthwhile  :D

I've also spoken to Fedex and, contrary to their website, it turns out that my decoders are still at their hub in Memphis awaiting customs clearance. They told me that there is nothing wrong with the shipping paperwork, so it's just a case of wait and see.

I forgot to mention that I also have some CL150 Blue & White Northern Rail vinyls on order from ElectraRail. The way things are going, these may well end up delivered before the decoders, and that includes Adam getting his new vinyl machine installed and up and running!

So for now I'll probably get back to ballasting.

Regards,

John P

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £35.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
58% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal