!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Much shedding  (Read 305 times)

Offline B1 61126

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Much shedding
« on: March 02, 2020, 08:06:56 PM »
Good evening folks it's been sometime since my last post on here I kinda lost my mojo a while back life went downhill for a while .
But things are now on the up I'm abandoning the shed did it on the cheap major mistake leaking bad .
So back into the house front bedroom well half of it so as there isn't as much room s the shed so going down the  route of a double decker lower deck will be a mainline station with motive power shed town etc and a upper deck with a large village station and a coalmine etc still got some work to do but I'll get there this time fibers crosed

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: Much shedding
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 08:15:18 PM »
Glad things have improved for you and look forward to seeing a track plan.

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 08:16:07 PM »
Welcome B1 61126 please do share. What space are you working with ? Will it be analogue control? Steam or diesel or both ?

Offline B1 61126

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 10:07:55 PM »
Hello again I'm a die hard steam addict it'll be DC control I'm sorry though there's no track plan I'm not tech savvy enough to plan a layout using any form of program so it's all in my head this'll be the fourth evolution having learnt things along the way.
For the same reason I'm not going DCC plus my fleet of locos is considerable and I just can't justify the cost of chipping them .
And lastly if it's a steam engine I'll run it I'm not era or region restricted more to follow .
I have approximately two walls one six/seven feet and the other about 10ft lastly there will be turning back into the room a detachable fiddle yard so when bed is needed I can remove this 👍👍👍

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 06:27:04 AM »
Good evening folks it's been sometime since my last post on here I kinda lost my mojo a while back life went downhill for a while .
But things are now on the up I'm abandoning the shed did it on the cheap major mistake leaking bad .
I can see that a leaking shed would seriously damage your mojo.  Good luck with the new venture.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline B1 61126

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 03:38:26 PM »
I'm slowly getting room ready for me to use I've been down to the shed to start dismantling what's down there only to find one of my gaugemaster three track controllers has gotten wet 😢😢😢😢 looks like it'll have to be sent to gaugemaster for repair LOL hopefully it'll be cheaper than getting a new one .
Also I've got two of the myloco sound generated that are damp so there now in the house in rice (this does a good job of soaking up moisture) then I'll reconnect them to see if their still alive.

Offline B1 61126

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 08:05:55 PM »
Well I'm on the severely at risk list along with my good lady so I'm currently on furlough from work so the room is pretty much clear now .
I've been working on dismantling the layout it's proving challenging my track was pinned down and it looks as if there's been enough moisture in the chip board to rust the nails in so taking some removing but getting there slowly.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 08:13:10 PM »
Take your time and stay safe.
Looking forward to photographs of your new layout in due course.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £30.00
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal