!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: NGS Collett BG  (Read 91154 times)

Offline Moria

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 18546
    • Awards
Re: NGS Colletts
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2015, 09:14:48 PM »
Great news, the only problem, where the hell did I put my deposit receipt.   :worried:

oh god, me too.. it was probably on my old computer that was junked about 6 months ago :(   sheesh.

G

Offline Trev

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23682
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2015, 10:34:11 PM »
Great news, the only problem, where the hell did I put my deposit receipt.   :worried:

oh god, me too.. it was probably on my old computer that was junked about 6 months ago :(   sheesh.

G
In the past when I needed to scrap a computer, I have always taken out the hard drive and kept it.  Even if you format it, the data can still be largely recovered with the right software so I prefer to keep my data.
Taking a drive out is very easy and who knows, there might be something you need from it a year or more down the line.  ;)

If I was selling an old computer, I would put a new small, cheap as chips hard drive in it before selling.
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

Offline Moria

• N Gauge Society Number: 18546
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2015, 11:08:00 PM »

G
In the past when I needed to scrap a computer, I have always taken out the hard drive and kept it.  Even if you format it, the data can still be largely recovered with the right software so I prefer to keep my data.
Taking a drive out is very easy and who knows, there might be something you need from it a year or more down the line.  ;)

If I was selling an old computer, I would put a new small, cheap as chips hard drive in it before selling.

I still have the drive.. I know I put it somewhere safe    :goggleeyes:

G

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2015, 09:59:34 AM »
Excellent news. Having paid my deposit (alas, too late for a discount) I look forward to seeing my BR Maroon one running through Cant Cove, soon.

Offline Chetcombe

• N Gauge Society Number: 21564
    • YouTube
    • Chetcombe on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2015, 05:04:13 PM »
Splendid news. I have a maroon and a blue one on the way to mix up my  parcels rakes. I have a strange liking for these filthy cousins of passenger trains and have 3 different rakes of coaches and vans. It must be something to do with how varied, mixed up and elderly they were. We are incredibly well served for parcels trains in N these days.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2015, 05:50:29 PM »
I was also tempted, Mike, by a BR Blue Collett BG but with the Hawksworth BG (in Crimson & Cream so too early for you but I expect a BR Maroon version will be available) as well as a BR SR bogie van plus BR SR PMV coming, soon, I had to resist. Perhaps fortunately the NGS Thompson BG looks likely to be available next year (I have pre-ordered a BR Maroon one). So there are two more bogie vans and a four-wheeled van that you could add to your rakes. I expect you already have a BR Crimson Stanier BG and a Stove B?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 05:59:10 PM by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Offline MalcolmInN

• Awards
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2015, 05:51:50 PM »
Even if you format it, the data can still be largely recovered with the right software so I prefer to keep my data.

This is true and the software to do it is not at all sophisticated and is readily available.
However, format the drive and then write to it with random or inconsequential data. Do that to the full capacity of the drive and then you can throw it away and so save cluttering up the house with old drives ! :)
Do that twice and even MI6 wont recover much from it .

Formating only rewrites the index to the book, the pages still remain. You need to overwrite all the pages with rubbish before it is secured.
Sorry for the OT.

Offline GrahamB

• Awards
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2015, 06:03:46 PM »
Glad they've arrived.

I've dug out my receipt out but it's only now that I've realised it doesn't say which options I've chosen. I know but I hope someone kept a record or it could get very confusing.

I guess now it's a case of waiting for the e-mail/letter as I don't want to wait until TINGS in September.

Offline Chetcombe

• N Gauge Society Number: 21564
    • YouTube
    • Chetcombe on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2015, 03:54:34 PM »
I was also tempted, Mike, by a BR Blue Collett BG but with the Hawksworth BG (in Crimson & Cream so too early for you but I expect a BR Maroon version will be available) as well as a BR SR bogie van plus BR SR PMV coming, soon, I had to resist. Perhaps fortunately the NGS Thompson BG looks likely to be available next year (I have pre-ordered a BR Maroon one). So there are two more bogie vans and a four-wheeled van that you could add to your rakes. I expect you already have a BR Crimson Stanier BG and a Stove B?

I have the LMS BG in maroon and the NGS Stove R in both Blue and maroon. I love the latter, with its unusual 6 wheel design it is so different from anything else. If the Collett is up to the same high standards then we are in for a treat. And as you say, other options for parcels trains coming soon :thumbsup:

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2015, 04:10:39 PM »
Hi Mike. I have the LMS BG in crimson (lightly weathered; it looks excellent) plus, soon (it's in transit), I have the NGS Stove R in maroon; I agree with you that it is a really eye-catching model. The Stove R in BR Maroon or BR Blue is perfect for running with your milk train. BTW, I have commissioned another BR SR Green Mark 2 FK to replace the one I sold you. It will be part of my (fictional) SR Set 704 - BSK+RMB+SO+FK+BSK (the rest will be 'Blue Riband' standard BR SR Green Bulleids / Mark 1s). In the 1965-1967 summer timetable it will be hauled by a Bulleid Light Pacific, otherwise a D65XX in BR Green, as the Penmayne portion of the "Atlantic Coast Express".

Offline Cape Town Trev

• N Gauge Society Number: 7499
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2015, 04:54:00 PM »
The Colletts are now available for NGS members only.

Please follow this link for more information

Hi Mirrlees,
As an NGS member and living in South Africa, can I order one or two on line?
 :thankyousign:

Offline Mirrlees

• N Gauge Society Number: 17765
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • PhotoBucket
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2015, 06:16:50 PM »
Yes Trev

Once we have sorted out the pre-orders then the rest of the Colletts will go on to the website.

Cheers
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Offline Cape Town Trev

• N Gauge Society Number: 7499
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2015, 06:23:51 PM »
Yes Trev

Once we have sorted out the pre-orders then the rest of the Colletts will go on to the website.

Cheers

:thankyousign: for the quick reply.

Offline Karhedron

• N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2015, 09:19:56 AM »
Great news! I helped with the research on these so it is exciting to see them arrive at last. I am looking forward to seeing mine bumping down the dairy at Chew Magna behind a rake of milk tankers.  :thumbsup:

Out of interest, can anyone tell me which liveries are still available please? I am trying to entice a couple of new members and livery availability could be the key.
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline PaulCheffus

• N Gauge Society Number: 4575
  • 2mm Association Number: 4172
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2015, 09:38:58 AM »

G

Hi

Mine was a paper invoice received via the post.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal