!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N  (Read 159869 times)

Offline Hiawatha

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N
« Reply #1125 on: April 20, 2019, 12:06:12 PM »
I have a vague memory that there were on offer at the same sort of price from some of the German retailers a while ago, but I didn't take advantage at the time.

Yes, there were four different 250 and 251 on offer for €69 each. Not sure if this was the exact same model but there was a bordeaux red 250 and a 251, a green 250 or 251 (?), and the bright red E251 002. Wish I had bought them at that price too ...

I would especially like the E251 002, and the blue one (which wasn’t part of the offer).
Peter

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #1126 on: May 03, 2019, 02:25:58 AM »
A pair of Kuehn Dostos in late DR livery which popped up unexpectedly on a local auctions for a reasonable buy-it-now price, so I did.

Kuehn "P-Wagen-Set" (DBmu) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Very nice models, only downside is they don't like being propelled through 280mm Tomix curves, though otherwise they're fine with my slightly tricky layout sections.
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #1127 on: May 03, 2019, 04:17:39 PM »
I have a vague memory that there were on offer at the same sort of price from some of the German retailers a while ago, but I didn't take advantage at the time.

Yes, there were four different 250 and 251 on offer for €69 each. Not sure if this was the exact same model but there was a bordeaux red 250 and a 251, a green 250 or 251 (?), and the bright red E251 002. Wish I had bought them at that price too ...

I would especially like the E251 002, and the blue one (which wasn’t part of the offer).

Originally posted in May 2017 that Modellbahn-Kramm were selling with a whooping 61%. Just checked and none in stock there now. Fairly sure I've seen one in a recent email/newsletter though - maybe it was from DM Toys this time.

I too lust after the blue E251. :drool: :beers:
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline mika

• Awards
« Reply #1128 on: May 04, 2019, 07:37:22 PM »
Ooh, nice one, Squiddy. I have the green set :D

Last time, I've been on one of those was about 5 years ago. I've seen a recent photo though that shows that they're still in service...

Best,
Michael

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1129 on: May 04, 2019, 08:04:37 PM »
Last time, I've been on one of those was about 5 years ago. I've seen a recent photo though that shows that they're still in service...

See this vid at about 9:30
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Hiawatha

• Awards
« Reply #1130 on: May 05, 2019, 07:38:24 PM »
Not sure where I should put this: here or in the Unhappy or Angry Threads …:'(

Epoch VI has finally arrived at my home – until now I had only progressed into epoch V. Although I am not sure yet if I’ll keep both of these locomotives. :-\

These are both the same locomotive, the 101 112-1, in the special liveries sponsored by a group of German model railway shops, the "Wild 13+".

https://w13plus.de/e-lok-br-101-112-1-db-rheingold/

In 2014 this dealer group started with wrapping the museum loco E03 001 in "alternate reality" cobalt blue/beige Rheingold 1962–66 vinyls and selling models in various scales (in N: Fleischmann 781504).

In April 2017 they followed with the similar blue/beige Rheingold-liveried 101 112-1, and in October 2018 the same loco (the number 112 was chosen as a nod to the original Rheingold locomotive class BR 112) was changed to TEE red/beige. The locomotive is used in normal DB express train service.

The "Wild 13+" had Minitrix produce the N scale versions, the blue version is no. 16082.001 (with sound: 16081.001), and the red one 16082.002(/16081.002). Sets with five coaches in matching liveries (15860.001/.002) are also available, although such coaches do not exist in reality.

When the blue/beige 101 was released I didn’t like the livery. I thought, the blue stripe was too narrow (the DB does not allow any advertising livery to cover the original data fields on the grey frame), and the grey stripe separating the colours looked strange to me. This stripe simulates the metal strip of the E03s but the original Rheingold E10.12s did not have a similar separation line (and also were not lettered "RHEINGOLD" on the sides) and it should have left off the 101. The red roofs look odd too but are authentic – the beige vinyls do not cover the whole body, and underneath there is just a traffic-red, standard 101 …

By the time the red/beige version was announced, I had begun to like the blue/beige 101, and so ordered both of them. The blue/beige was shown as in stock, but it took three months that I received it. Unfortunately, it was damaged: three buffers were broken off, and of those only one was in the box, two were missing completely. :( So, it either had left the factory with buffers missing, or already a customer-returned item?
I returned the damaged 101, and received another which, so I was told, had been checked thoroughly. Guess what: two buffers were broken off (but at least in the box, so it may be possible to glue them on – until they are put back into the box). :doh:

I have read about broken buffers on other Minitrix 101s too, so the box is obviously a faulty design, leaving not enough space for the buffers. But this issue is known since their first 101 version was released, and Trix/Märklin was not able to redesign the inlay, or simply leave the buffers off and ship it in a parts bag. :veryangry:

While I was thinking about what to do with the second damaged loco, I was surprised that the red/beige 112 already appeared on ebay. So I decided to wait a week and look if my pre-ordered red/beige loco would be without damage. – Of course, one buffer was broken off.
In the same packet another blue/beige 101 was included by mistake, a chance to get an undamaged one? No, another 101 with two buffers broken of which one was missing! :thumbsdown:

So, out of four locomotives, all had broken-off buffers, and two had buffers missing. :-\ And the buffers can’t even be bought separately – only with the buffer beam. And this can only be replaced after removing the body. Well, I tried to get the body off: This is held in place by two screws, hidden under the roof vents. Just that the vents fit so tight that I found it impossible to get them out without damaging the plastic vents or the paint of the diecast body. What a piece of :censored: ! :veryangry:
I have six of Roco’s 101, and not a single one has been damaged. – Trix is not even capable to design a simple box or a loco body that can be easily removed. :thumbsdown:
Peter

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1131 on: May 05, 2019, 07:50:15 PM »
I've got several Roco 101s going right back to the original advertising releases "Bayer", "Aspirin", and "Makrolon" etc.   I love them.  Really smooth reliable models.   I did find it better to cut the plastic box insert in half to take a little strain off the tightness of fit and prevent the red roof paint rubbing off.

Really not sure about those Minitrix 101s though.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:37:07 AM by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1132 on: May 06, 2019, 07:40:11 AM »
Not sure where I should put this: here or in the Unhappy or Angry Threads …:'(

I have six of Roco’s 101, and not a single one has been damaged. – Trix is not even capable to design a simple box or a loco body that can be easily removed. :thumbsdown:

I feel your pain! that must be really annoying!  >:(

Matt

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #1133 on: May 07, 2019, 01:15:16 PM »
Off on holiday to the Lake District next week, but thought I’d get an order in for a newly released SBB Re460 from Kato/Lemke that I’ve long admired. Should be winging its way to me as I slog my way over the Old Man of Coniston and arriving on my doorstep when I return home:

This is the real one of course, a pic gleaned from the www. I shall post a pic of the model when it arrives as a comparison.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1134 on: May 07, 2019, 01:25:12 PM »
Off on holiday to the Lake District next week, but thought I’d get an order in for a newly released SBB Re460 from Kato/Lemke that I’ve long admired. Should be winging its way to me as I slog my way over the Old Man of Coniston and arriving on my doorstep when I return home:

Nice Daffy. Those 460s are as near to a perfect aesthetic design as I can imagine. I think they're styled by Pinninfarina. Looks good in this colour scheme too!

You will be itching to get back to your post box!

Do you have an extremely long and expensive but delivered on time trans-alpine-basis-tunnel to run it through?  :smiley-laughing:

Matt

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #1135 on: May 07, 2019, 03:06:06 PM »
Yes, Pininfarina styling, and clever ‘wrapping’ make the 460’s a pleasing design, even in the standard red they usually appear in. This will be my seventh of the marque - I think :hmmm:

As for delivery, it’s coming from DM Toys in Germany via DHL.

DHL stands for “Duck on Holiday deliver Later”. :D

I just emailed DM and told them to hold the despatch date for 8 days so, if normal service from their couriers applies, it’ll arrive just right. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Online swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1136 on: May 07, 2019, 03:15:32 PM »

This is the real one of course, a pic gleaned from the www. I shall post a pic of the model when it arrives as a comparison.

Great choice Mike. :thumbsup: I have always preferred the running qualities of the Kato version of the 460/465.  I almost sent for the Mondaine version myself but decided to be good for once and for personal reasons stick with the Pink Panther version that I had already pre-ordered.
Enjoy yourself in the Lakes and when you get back if you show me yours I will show you mine. :goggleeyes:
John

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1137 on: May 07, 2019, 04:55:00 PM »
Yes, Pininfarina styling, and clever ‘wrapping’ make the 460’s a pleasing design, even in the standard red they usually appear in. This will be my seventh of the marque - I think :hmmm:

As for delivery, it’s coming from DM Toys in Germany via DHL.

DHL stands for “Duck on Holiday deliver Later”. :D

I just emailed DM and told them to hold the despatch date for 8 days so, if normal service from their couriers applies, it’ll arrive just right. :thumbsup:

LOL yes you are in a DHL status!

And certainly a dedicated 460 fan. I wonder what the eventual replacement will be like, as all good things eventually come to an end!? By comparison, how long have those little RE4/4 IIs been in service - something like 50 or so years? So maybe we'll have to wait another 20 years to see. I hope it is bespoke like the 460.

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1138 on: May 07, 2019, 06:02:34 PM »
It's a funny thing, but the Re460 is a loco that's never really grabbed me. 

A couple of them have visited my layout at shows over the years and I seem to remember two of my operating team have examples, but I think we had problems with the narrow panto heads falling of the wire (I forget if it was the Kato or the Minitrix model) so they've been left at home ever since.

Online swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1139 on: May 07, 2019, 08:51:56 PM »
That does surprise me Nick as until very recently both the Kato and Minitrix versions had the same pantographs. The pan heads are the same width as many of your older German locos and I used them on my last layout under Vollmer catenary for many years. The much newer Fleischmann version of the 460/465 does have very narrow pan heads (like most new models) and I could imagine that giving problems.
John

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £69.00
Below Goal: £31.00
Site Currency: GBP
69% 
October Donations

Advertise Here