!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N  (Read 140674 times)

Offline swisstrains

• Trade Count: (0)
    • My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
Re: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N
« Reply #1035 on: January 12, 2019, 07:01:05 PM »
A couple of new arrivals from Germany. Appologies for the bland backdrop, the baseboards are all packed away at the moment  :(

1) Arnold BR426 diesel to allow me to run my Fleischmann Metrnom double-deckers on non-electrified trackwork.  (Fleischmann e-Lok behind).  From ebay, saved 10% "make an offer".  Nice and smooth, my only minor criticism might be that all in all the prototype photos I've seen that side grill is dirty black and more obvious. I might try a subtle application of weathering powder.
…………….…………….

Nice.....I love the Metronom livery especially on the double-deckers.
Because they will eventually run into Switzerland I quite fancy the Brawa Twindexx IC2 double-deckers but Arnold have made a pigs ear of their BR147.5 loco.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:04:45 PM by swisstrains »
John

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1036 on: January 12, 2019, 07:08:19 PM »
Because they will eventually run into Switzerland I quite fancy the Brawa Twindexx IC2 double-deckers but Arnold have made a pigs ear of their BR145.5 loco.

Crumbs I didn't realise Brawa had made IC2 coaches, they look great! What's up with the Arnold IC2 loco? You could always use a red BR120 lol!!!

I also did not know about plans to run these in SBB territory, I must try to stay better in touch.

Offline swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #1037 on: January 12, 2019, 08:44:05 PM »
Because they will eventually run into Switzerland I quite fancy the Brawa Twindexx IC2 double-deckers but Arnold have made a pigs ear of their BR145.5 loco.

Crumbs I didn't realise Brawa had made IC2 coaches, they look great! What's up with the Arnold IC2 loco? You could always use a red BR120 lol!!!

I also did not know about plans to run these in SBB territory, I must try to stay better in touch.

Hi Matt. The Brawa IC2 coaches haven't actually been released yet but their stuff is normally very good so I have high expectations. For some strange reason Arnold have produced their BR147.5 with a flat bodyside instead of a ribbed one which is one of the characteristics of the 147 and 187 locos. Some of the 187's have a flat flexible sheet (often featuring graphics) covering the ribs but this is not the case with the 147.5's.
IC2 coaches and 147.5 locos are to be used between Zuerich and Stuttgart when modernisation of the route is completed.

P.S. By some strange quirk of the forum my quoted text in your reply still says BR145.5 even though I corrected it almost immediately. ???
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:48:52 PM by swisstrains »
John

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1038 on: January 13, 2019, 08:09:14 AM »

Hi Matt. The Brawa IC2 coaches haven't actually been released yet but their stuff is normally very good so I have high expectations. For some strange reason Arnold have produced their BR147.5 with a flat bodyside instead of a ribbed one which is one of the characteristics of the 147 and 187 locos. Some of the 187's have a flat flexible sheet (often featuring graphics) covering the ribs but this is not the case with the 147.5's.
IC2 coaches and 147.5 locos are to be used between Zuerich and Stuttgart when modernisation of the route is completed.

P.S. By some strange quirk of the forum my quoted text in your reply still says BR145.5 even though I corrected it almost immediately. ???

Hi John, yes it appears the coaches are not widely available yet. I was getting confused about the Traxx ribbed side panel lark, I didn't realise the Arnold model was supposed to have them. On that topic, I like the new Traxx locos, however aesthetics-wise I'm not so keen on the ribbed side panels for the passenger locos. I think they look fine on goods locos though (e.g. the yellow/black/white Swiss Rail Traffic loco). Just personal preference. So the Arnold loco, although not accurate, would by quirk of fate be suitable for me!

Interesting they will appear on the Zürich/Stuttgart stretch.

Matt :beers:

Offline swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #1039 on: January 13, 2019, 10:10:02 AM »

……….I like the new Traxx locos, however aesthetics-wise I'm not so keen on the ribbed side panels for the passenger locos. I think they look fine on goods locos though (e.g. the yellow/black/white Swiss Rail Traffic loco)……………...

Yes Matt, I agree. They look a bit "industrial". When they start getting dirty and difficult to clean maybe DB will have a change of heart and fit the flexible covers. ;)
Incidentally, did you know that the yellow SRT loco probably won't be yellow for much longer as it has been sold to SETG in Austria?
John

Offline swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #1040 on: January 13, 2019, 10:49:45 AM »
…………………...
2) Piko ET440 unit.  I love EMUs and DMUs and have several in the fleet. Should go well alongside my Kato ET425 and Arnold ET420 units.  From DM Toys via ebay as it was cheaper than their web site even before I took advantage of ebay's New Years Eve 10% discount code (whoever it was posted the "heads-up" about that, thanks v. much!).  Lovely smooth runner, quite a bit heavier than the similar looking Kato model.

Hi Nick. How many motors do the Piko EMU's have?
John

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1041 on: January 13, 2019, 11:33:35 AM »
Hi Nick. How many motors do the Piko EMU's have?

Two motors, powered bogie at each outer end.     The unit splits in the middle (the actual bogie splits in half) and has an 8 pin electrical connection, so I would assume takes one DCC decoder (I've not yet read the instructions)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:35:25 AM by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1042 on: January 13, 2019, 02:24:12 PM »
Yes Matt, I agree. They look a bit "industrial". When they start getting dirty and difficult to clean maybe DB will have a change of heart and fit the flexible covers. ;)
Incidentally, did you know that the yellow SRT loco probably won't be yellow for much longer as it has been sold to SETG in Austria?

I hadn't thought of that, those ribs will get dirty more easily! Bet they have enough trouble keeping near-white locos clean.

No I wasn't aware that loco was being sold. Pity, I like the colour scheme very much and it was a colourful addition to the Swiss scene.

Matt

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1043 on: January 16, 2019, 08:40:39 AM »

Looks like Fleischmann were reading this thread and decided to help you out John!  :D

Offline swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #1044 on: January 16, 2019, 08:58:10 AM »
Looks like Fleischmann were reading this thread and decided to help you out John!  :D

Yes Matt. I was secretly hoping that Fleischmann would bring out the 147.5 especially as they already had the ordinary 147 in their range. :)
John

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1045 on: January 16, 2019, 12:46:20 PM »
Must admit I was looking at the listing for the Fleischmann 147.5 last night.  I could go for one of those, I like the ribbed bodyside look.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1046 on: January 16, 2019, 03:09:39 PM »
I really wish they would stop using low quality jpegs in online catalogues!

Offline swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #1047 on: January 16, 2019, 08:43:31 PM »

The ones on Fleischmann's actual website aren't bad.
https://www.fleischmann.de/responsebinary.asp?id=530898333242459.jpg
John

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1048 on: January 16, 2019, 08:49:28 PM »

The ones on Fleischmann's actual website aren't bad.
https://www.fleischmann.de/responsebinary.asp?id=530898333242459.jpg

Oh yes good point. In fairness I suppose they want people to buy printed catalogues. I used to pore over Märklin catalogues as a boy, amazed by the high quality photos of model railway scenes. Nostalgia wise now, I wish I had kept them!

Offline grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #1049 on: January 16, 2019, 10:10:35 PM »
Forgot to post this here, (mistakenly posted it in the general purchase thread, I would assume there would be more interest here_

I just love altbau e-loks!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
March Donations

Advertise Here
anything