!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N  (Read 136431 times)

Offline Gizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N
« Reply #1020 on: November 29, 2018, 06:02:03 PM »
I've also brought the latest Ge 4/4 II locos and some MDS 'haik' vans....

Gizzy

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #1021 on: November 29, 2018, 06:10:40 PM »
Good to see our Swiss contingent is growing. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline Railwaygun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21889
  • Keen on Military Rail, Kato Unitrack, & Z21/DCC
    • Railwaygun, Armoured train and Military Railway group
    • Awards
« Reply #1022 on: November 30, 2018, 01:43:46 PM »
Hullo,

I'm fairly new to continental N gauge and this forum, and I just couldn't resist the Kato RhB models, so I've been collecting various stock for a proposed Swiss layout....

I f you search for “rhb” on the entire forum, there is a lot. Of info (search box is top of any page )

Also here

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=13.0

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!
https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Online Globi

• Awards
« Reply #1023 on: December 12, 2018, 09:29:08 AM »
Good to see our Swiss contingent is growing. :thumbsup:

My German layout is looking increasingly more Swiss as each day progresses! Can't show the photos yet though due to the gallery server thinggy.  :D

Offline swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1024 on: December 24, 2018, 05:00:33 PM »
I have often admired the coaches offered by LS models but always resisted buying any. That was until they announced their EN 470 Zürich-Hamburg Nightjet Set.
I love the OBB Railjet trains and have been running one of them on my Swiss layout for quite a while so it seemed logical that I should also get one of the equivalent night trains. Unlike some of the daytime Railjet ones the specially liveried Nightjet loco, nice as it is, is not equipped to operate in Switzerland so for now I have just bought the coaches.
The set consists of 6 coaches in a nice presentation box together with some info about the actual train. There are three couchettes and three sleeping cars, two of which are double-deck and although the real train has many more coaches than this the set is adequate for my layout especially when a couple of ordinary seating coaches are added.
The attention to detail is very good with subtle differences between coaches of the same type modelled to reflect the real thing. I can’t fault the painting and lettering and the interiors are well detailed with fittings such as the bunk ladders clearly visible through the windows.
I did encounter a small problem with the couplings between some of the coaches which was causing the occasional derailment on some of the sharper curves on my layout. Close inspection revealed that the couplings had sharp edges which tended to catch on the underside of the larger buffers fitted to some of the coaches but this was easily rectified by “rounding off” the sharp edges with a scalpel.

John

Online Globi

• Awards
« Reply #1025 on: December 24, 2018, 05:09:38 PM »
I have often admired the coaches offered by LS models but always resisted buying any. That was until they announced their EN 470 Zürich-Hamburg Nightjet Set.

OMG I so totally love your pics! I was about to whine about the fact you can't get the coaches individually, as it's quite a financial stretch to get the set. I deeply love this train - will you get the matching Taurus? Seriously nice purchase!!!! 8) :thumbsup: :beers:

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #1026 on: December 24, 2018, 05:13:12 PM »
Very nice looking set John. :thumbsup: Nice contrast in colour to the standard SBB scheme thus adding variety to the layout.

A really nice Christmas present to self. :).

I’ve long admired offerings from LS Models. Someday a few might make their way into my collection.

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #1027 on: December 24, 2018, 05:22:36 PM »
………………... will you get the matching Taurus? Seriously nice purchase!!!! 8) :thumbsup: :beers:

No Matt. I won't be getting the matching Taurus as it's not really suitable for use in Switzerland and to be quite honest I don't like the proportions of the Hobbytrain Taurus.
John

Online Globi

• Awards
« Reply #1028 on: December 25, 2018, 01:02:12 PM »

I just saw the photo on your gallery of the nightjet coaches beind the red RE4/4 on the Bieschtal bridge on your layout - absolutely stunning John! Really inspirational.

Matt

Online mika

• Awards
« Reply #1029 on: December 25, 2018, 03:51:49 PM »
Very nice coaches, John. And they look even better on your layout.
I might be tempted by the NightJet because I see one every morning at Potsdam station (on its way from Zürich to Berlin), but I can't justify the price, I'm afraid... Well, at least I can admire them on your pics  :D

Merry Christmas!

Cheers,
Michael

Online Globi

• Awards
« Reply #1030 on: January 05, 2019, 01:50:05 PM »
Inspired by John's Night Jet stock, I thought I'd put together a vintage 70s/80s TEN rake. I've just received this new condition MiniTrix coach in maroon and I have to say I'm in love, it's deeply gorgeous in terms of detail and build quality!  :D

The adjoing blue TEN roco item is ok but doesn't pack quite the same punch.

Offline swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #1031 on: January 05, 2019, 04:33:06 PM »
I think they're both nice coaches Matt. The blue one might not be as attractive but it brings back happy memories of an Italian holiday we had in the late 1980's. 8)  We travelled from Bologne to Rome and back in sleepers similar to this. :sleep:
John

Online Globi

• Awards
« Reply #1032 on: January 05, 2019, 04:44:53 PM »
I think they're both nice coaches Matt. The blue one might not be as attractive but it brings back happy memories of an Italian holiday we had in the late 1980's. 8)  We travelled from Bologne to Rome and back in sleepers similar to this. :sleep:

Thanks John, it'll give me great pleasure building up this rake (I'll add more midnight blue items, as those are the ones I too am more familiar with), I'm a big fan of sleeper trains. Actually I haven't been on one since I was a teenager - must do something about that!

Matt

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1033 on: January 12, 2019, 01:21:18 PM »
A couple of new arrivals from Germany. Appologies for the bland backdrop, the baseboards are all packed away at the moment  :(

1) Arnold BR426 diesel to allow me to run my Fleischmann Metrnom double-deckers on non-electrified trackwork.  (Fleischmann e-Lok behind).  From ebay, saved 10% "make an offer".  Nice and smooth, my only minor criticism might be that all in all the prototype photos I've seen that side grill is dirty black and more obvious. I might try a subtle application of weathering powder.

2) Piko ET440 unit.  I love EMUs and DMUs and have several in the fleet. Should go well alongside my Kato ET425 and Arnold ET420 units.  From DM Toys via ebay as it was cheaper than their web site even before I took advantage of ebay's New Years Eve 10% discount code (whoever it was posted the "heads-up" about that, thanks v. much!).  Lovely smooth runner, quite a bit heavier than the similar looking Kato model.

Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Online Globi

• Awards
« Reply #1034 on: January 12, 2019, 01:30:57 PM »
A couple of new arrivals from Germany. Appologies for the bland backdrop, the baseboards are all packed away at the moment  :(

1) Arnold BR426 diesel to allow me to run my Fleischmann Metrnom double-deckers on non-electrified trackwork.  (Fleischmann e-Lok behind).  From ebay, saved 10% "make an offer".  Nice and smooth, my only minor criticism might be that all in all the prototype photos I've seen that side grill is dirty black and more obvious. I might try a subtle application of weathering powder.

2) Piko ET440 unit.  I love EMUs and DMUs and have several in the fleet. Should go well alongside my Kato ET425 and Arnold ET420 units.  From DM Toys via ebay as it was cheaper than their web site even before I took advantage of ebay's New Years Eve 10% discount code (whoever it was posted the "heads-up" about that, thanks v. much!).  Lovely smooth runner, quite a bit heavier than the similar looking Kato model.

Good purchases! Must be satisfying to see your Metronom set complete. Those silver and green double deckers that operate in the same northern German region look good too, not sure if they are modelled in N.

That's a natty little EMU too, good work! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 01:32:05 PM by Globi »

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £315.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
105% 
January Donations

Advertise Here
anything