!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N  (Read 162412 times)

Offline Globibahn

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N
« Reply #1185 on: June 19, 2019, 12:14:26 PM »
:hellosign:
about the new white/red DB livery...here is the new Intercity Sun italian livery :D
https://scalaenne.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/e402z2-frontale-b.jpg

Lol I wonder where they go the idea for that livery!  :D

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1186 on: June 19, 2019, 12:34:40 PM »
I'll definitely have to have one of those 147.5s.  I was eyeing one up on the web recently.     

I wonder if I can make junior feel really really guilty for forgetting Fathers Day  :D  :D
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1187 on: June 19, 2019, 07:14:59 PM »
Today another pair of old Röwa wagons arrived from ebay, still in their original boxes. This is the 2nd lot of these I've had from the same seller. 

I love collecting old models and these really interest me as the quality is so good for the time and still perfectly acceptable today IMHO. These would date from late 60s to around 1972 at the latest, at which point most of tooling passed to Minitrix and one or two items to Roco. 

These containers I've never seen on subsequent N models, only on the original Röwa item. They appear to be type Ddzkr containers intended for fine grain/powdered materials.

The CTI containers with this one are curious, I can't find any other examples of them in N on the 'net, only in Röwa's TT and HO ranges. The box seems to be still sealed, yet #7001 should have Hapag Lloyd containers as far as I can find out.

Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1188 on: June 19, 2019, 08:20:41 PM »
I'll definitely have to have one of those 147.5s.  I was eyeing one up on the web recently.     

I wonder if I can make junior feel really really guilty for forgetting Fathers Day  :D  :D

Hi Nick. I'm sure that you will be pleased to know that, unlike some recent models, the Fleischmann 147.5's pantographs are well sprung and compatible with your Vollmer catenary. That is assuming that your "zig-zag" isn't too great as even the German panto heads are narrower than on older models.
John

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1189 on: June 23, 2019, 03:53:34 PM »
No, you are not the first to notice this. The newer Minitrix 103s with close-coupling also suffer from the same problem.

At least the Fleischmann locos can be enhanced by adding the front skirts. All 103s were built with the skirts but these were removed later because snow was building up between the trailing bogie and skirt. If modeling later than 1983 then the skirts would not be prototypical but would still look much better.
The front skirts are a clip-on part  for the E03 (103.0) but do also fit on their 103.1. Spare part no. is 15737801, cost €13.15 for one loco (two skirts).

Hi,

Does skirt addition on the Fleischmann necessitate coupler removal?

Matt

Offline Hiawatha

• Awards
« Reply #1190 on: June 23, 2019, 05:01:03 PM »
Honestly, I don’t know as I have not yet bought these skirts, as it’s not that jarring when looking from above. But I think they clip in from the underside behind the couplers.
Even if you would have to remove the couplers to fit them these are just clip-in couplers for NEM pockets, so that wouldn’t be a big problem. Certainly the skirts don’t affect the operation of the close-coupling mechanism.
Peter

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1191 on: June 23, 2019, 07:03:15 PM »
Honestly, I don’t know as I have not yet bought these skirts, as it’s not that jarring when looking from above. But I think they clip in from the underside behind the couplers.
Even if you would have to remove the couplers to fit them these are just clip-in couplers for NEM pockets, so that wouldn’t be a big problem. Certainly the skirts don’t affect the operation of the close-coupling mechanism.

Sorry I'm guilty of post-hopping here.

Anyway just wanted to say I hadn't realised that E03 varient existed in model form. I do like the chrome bits!

Offline carlmt

• Awards
« Reply #1192 on: June 28, 2019, 12:25:11 PM »

Anyway just wanted to say I hadn't realised that E03 varient existed in model form. I do like the chrome bits!

You can still obtain the early E03 variant second hand - produced by Arnold.
I have two of them!

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1193 on: June 28, 2019, 12:43:01 PM »

You can still obtain the early E03 variant second hand - produced by Arnold.
I have two of them!

Just ordered myself a Fleischmann E03  :D

I'm a sucker for chrome bits!

Matt

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1194 on: June 28, 2019, 12:50:05 PM »
I used to run my 103s all the time until they were superseded by my 101s etc (so much like the real thing really  :D )  I'd say my Minitrix is the best runner of the three I have.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 12:58:24 PM by ntpntpntp »

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1195 on: June 28, 2019, 01:02:55 PM »
I used to run my 103s all the time until they were superseded by my 101s etc (so much like the real thing really  :D )  I'd say my Minitrix is the best runner of the three I have.

Nick,

I take it you first removed the 103s from IC services and relegated them to more local duties, before then taking them off the timetable altogether and now only run them as special enthusiast Rheingold excursions?

Oh how the mighty are fallen!!!  :D

Offline Delfin

• N Gauge Society Number: 3141
    • Worcester N Gauge
    • Awards
« Reply #1196 on: July 23, 2019, 08:24:29 PM »
I've recently received this rather nice REE models/Mikado trains SNCF RGP1 autorail from Trains160.com.  It really is an impressive model.  Fitted with DCC by Trains160, it runs well, but the lights are operating incorrectly, it seems to show white at both ends or red ditto.  Some work is required to get the settings right on the two chips. 

Sandy

edit. "correctly" changed to "incorrectly".
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 09:01:03 PM by Delfin »

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1197 on: July 23, 2019, 08:28:47 PM »
Is it only powered in one vehicle, but has two decoders?  Is it the powered end or the unpowered end which has "wrong" lights?  If it's the unpowered end which is wrong then might be a case of simply flipping the direction bit in CV29 of the decoder in that end.   Otherwise maybe simply swap the white and yellow wires in the "wrong" end, if it's a wired decoder install rather than a plug-in?

Offline Delfin

• N Gauge Society Number: 3141
    • Worcester N Gauge
    • Awards
« Reply #1198 on: July 23, 2019, 08:40:07 PM »
There are two decoders, a Next18 in the powered vehicle and a NEM651 looking chip in the unpowered trailer, just there for the lights.  The powered vehicle is the left hand one in the picture.  If you drive the set with that end leading, pressing F1 gives you a white light on the front of that end.  Pressing F0 gives you a white light at the rear of the train.  If you reverse direction (they don't normally run like that, but might do for shunting etc.), red lights are shown at both ends along with the white lights separately controlled by F0 and F1.  Changing CV29 did not have any effect on this.

I don't want to get into changing wires, because of Parkinson's disease I don't have a steady hand for that sort of thing.  I will experiment with the settings using my Sprog 2 and JMRI.  It may be a long process!

Incidentally, the chips are produced by a company known as LaisDCC who I have never heard of before.  Not sure if that has any bearing on the matter. 

Sandy
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 09:04:43 PM by Delfin »

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1199 on: July 23, 2019, 08:44:18 PM »
Incidentally, the chips are produced by a company known as LaisDCC who I have never heard of before.  Not sure if that has any bearing on the matter. 

Sandy
Cheap end of the decoder market, they do get discussed on here. I have no personal experience with them.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
November Donations

Advertise Here