!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N  (Read 166057 times)

Online RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
Re: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N
« Reply #1170 on: June 10, 2019, 11:00:38 PM »
The KLF - What Time Is Love?
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1171 on: June 17, 2019, 05:51:07 PM »
Picked up a Fleischmann BR101 from ebay, to go with my collection of Roco 101s. Quite surprising that I haven't had a Fleischmann example in the fleet before now. 

This one was I believe a limited run in 2002.  I seem to recall reading a write-up on one at the time where it was misnamed as "Norman..."

Anyway, wasn't running when first arrived but a quick investigation showed the contacts on the track/overhead changeover switch were bent flat (wonders how that came to be?). A few seconds with a pair of tweezers then off she went as smooth as you'd expect for a Fleischmann loco  :D

Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #1172 on: June 17, 2019, 06:30:18 PM »
Hi Nick,

Very nice loco. You and others are so lucky (well skill not luck) in that you know what you're looking for let alone being able to do it.

As you know, I'm a non starter too. Must go to train mechanic classes if they exist.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Online Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1173 on: June 17, 2019, 06:30:36 PM »
....then off she went as smooth as you'd expect for a Fleischmann loco  :D

Yes Fleischmann brothers really know what they're doing. My Flm BR101 is the smoothest and quietest loco I have.

Good work Nick!
Matt

Online Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1174 on: June 17, 2019, 06:32:10 PM »
Hi Nick,

Very nice loco. You and others are so lucky (well skill not luck) in that you know what you're looking for let alone being able to do it.

As you know, I'm a non starter too. Must go to train mechanic classes if they exist.

Cheers weave  :beers:

If you ever need lessons in how to blow decoders and generally induce short circuits, I can certainly help!!!  :D :smiley-laughing:

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1175 on: June 17, 2019, 06:51:22 PM »
You do have to look closely to spot the small differences in the body-shells of the Fleischmann and Roco models.  I read somewhere earlier today that the Fleischmann model has a 3rd cab step not present on the Roco, and sure enough it's true  :D

Both models run very well, though with slightly different characteristics. The Roco is a little slower overall and perhaps very slightly noisier but has a more effective flywheel.  On German forums there are comments about the Roco lights being dim or the Fleischmann lights being too bright (depends on your point of view of what is appropriate!)

I would have no hesitation in buying more of either brand if there's a particular livery I'm after. Of course the Roco model is no longer in production.

Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline carlmt

• Awards
« Reply #1176 on: June 17, 2019, 07:43:44 PM »
Very interesting to read of the relevant merits of Fleischmann and Roco locos.  Back in the 70's / 80's I always found that the Fleischmann locos, whilst very highly detailed, were always too light and fickle to run reliably.  I dont think I had a single Fleischmann loco that ran smoothly whereas Roco versions were always heavier and seemed to run better, albeit noisier.  Minitrix rolling stock was always coarser but the locos ran well.

The top of the tree for me were the Arnold locos - nice and heavy but always ran without hesitation.  A little crude compared to Fleishmann but reliable.

Online swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1177 on: June 19, 2019, 10:12:34 AM »

Hi Matt. The Brawa IC2 coaches haven't actually been released yet but their stuff is normally very good so I have high expectations. For some strange reason Arnold have produced their BR147.5 with a flat bodyside instead of a ribbed one which is one of the characteristics of the 147 and 187 locos. Some of the 187's have a flat flexible sheet (often featuring graphics) covering the ribs but this is not the case with the 147.5's.
IC2 coaches and 147.5 locos are to be used between Zuerich and Stuttgart when modernisation of the route is completed.

Looks like Fleischmann were reading this thread and decided to help you out John!  :D

Well, Fleischmann have delivered the 147.5 more or less on schedule and I am very pleased with it. :thumbsup: Overall finish is very good with plenty of detail and fine printing. The "CH" marking indicating that the loco is equipped to operate in Switzerland is clearly visible (with suitable eyesight :D) and on the DCC version the lighting is adjustable to suit Switzerland also. Two of the four pantographs have narrow Swiss type heads and according to all the photos I have seen appear to be positioned correctly. The illuminated destination indicator reads "Stuttgart Hbf" which again is suitable for a loco running into Switzerland and the icing on the cake would be if Brawa had a "Zürich Hbf" destination on their driving trailer when it finally arrives. ::)
The first test runs on my layout..........

John

Online Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1178 on: June 19, 2019, 10:21:37 AM »

Looks great John, good purchase. I'm a big fan of this livery and the loco. You're layout really is bang up to date! Lol yes will be fun to see what the Brawa driving trailer has on the destination board. Maybe Zürich Oerlikon  :D ?

Matt

Online swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #1179 on: June 19, 2019, 10:33:18 AM »
Another of my pre-ordered locos has arrived :D This time it's an early birthday present from my good lady.
The Fleischmann BLS Cargo 485 has been around for quite a few years and this version represents the latest livery variation. In keeping with most other recent Fleischmann offerings it is well finished and runs smoothly.
A couple of photos of the loco on my layout including one with the previous versions of the BLS 485 for comparison.

John

Online swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #1180 on: June 19, 2019, 10:44:55 AM »

Looks great John, good purchase. I'm a big fan of this livery and the loco. You're layout really is bang up to date! Lol yes will be fun to see what the Brawa driving trailer has on the destination board. Maybe Zürich Oerlikon  :D ?

Matt

Yes Matt. I love this DB livery. It's so fresh looking. Don't tell anyone but I think I prefer it to the current SBB livery.  :sorrysign:
John

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #1181 on: June 19, 2019, 10:48:25 AM »
Great pics of a lovely train.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline marco neri

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #1182 on: June 19, 2019, 11:02:59 AM »

...for the Swiss (and not) lovers:
Re 484 - freight traffic Switzerland- Italy
Re 485  - freight traffic Switzerland - Germany
Re 486 - freight traffic Switzerland- Germany -Italy - Austria....

in the meanwhile all the Re 483 series 100 ( most of them in classic RED DB livery)
have been modified by Bombardier to operate under italian 3000V cc. and 1500V at Modane and Ventimiglia, italian-french borders.

Chhers.

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Offline marco neri

• Awards
« Reply #1183 on: June 19, 2019, 11:41:30 AM »

Re 483-103 at Orte station ( next to me about 15km)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/53deKVj85SqGvkXG8

Offline marco neri

• Awards
« Reply #1184 on: June 19, 2019, 11:55:25 AM »
 :hellosign:
about the new white/red DB livery...here is the new Intercity Sun italian livery :D
https://scalaenne.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/e402z2-frontale-b.jpg

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £35.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
58% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything