!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N  (Read 158607 times)

ntpntpntp and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline bmwm4rkym4rk

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N
« Reply #1110 on: April 09, 2019, 01:35:06 AM »
some of my late night sound work while ive been on holiday this week
1st up we have my br221 hydraulic by fleischmann has a doehler & haass sd10a sound decoder with originally a micro cube which the sound was quite poor so it now been upgraded to a sugar curve 6 which produces much better sound.
2nd we have a fleischmann br210 with a dummy roco br215 trailing behind same type sound decoder but with a dual sugar cube 9 in the trailing loco.
3rd we have a fleischmann er22 or br223 loco this is the second sound version of this i have done pictures below same decoder and a sugar curve 6 speaker.
4th we have an ex fleischmann br218 twin digital loco which run off a lenz silver ++ with susi connector to a d&h sh10a sound module mounted on top of the pcb with the speaker on the side of the chassis where the old twin digital chip was fitted.
i have added extra sound to all my sound profile including station announcements and radio communication between driver and signal box to different door opening and closing sounds.
these where the first test runs and braking stopping distances still to be worked out hence the white looking flag and the cotton bud for markers and as usual some of my poor video skills.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 02:40:32 PM by bmwm4rkym4rk »

Offline RicardoFig

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #1111 on: April 10, 2019, 11:22:39 AM »
Latest arrival @ Harthofen, and just like the last one, also from Ebay UK: Fleischmann VT95 + Trailer

Fleischmann 87400

Fleischmann 7401

87400 + 7401, railbus with trailer, DCC factory fitted.

The "ferrobus"  ( nickname in Portuguese :D ) was listed as a runner with DCC with non working lights. The trailer was complete with the interior lightning set, but with one buffer missing:

Fleischmann 7401

The VT95 itself was a surprise as soon as i opened. The interior is somewhat damaged with some plastic areas melted down and with tape. I do not know if the decoder is the original, but looking for that loose cables probably not.

No sign at all from any lamp or the lighting structure for front and interior lights, and the headlamps are also missing.

Fleischmann 87400

PSX_20190409_195309

On the test line both the decoder and the motor are alive.  :bounce:

I keep making hard lines to limit rolling stock entry as i aim only to late 80s/ early 90s, but it is very hard to stick with those lines. The VT95  were all withdrawn by 1980 so i guess i will have to close the eyes to see it side by side with a Talgo late at night. :D

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:31:33 AM by RicardoFig »

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1112 on: April 10, 2019, 07:38:55 PM »
I've had the blue version of the old Ibertren S/440 unit for quite a few years, and have been after one in this red/white livery as I do find it rather attractive.   I see the occasional one on Spanish ebay but this is the first I've seen on offer from the UK. 

It's not a top quality model by any means, very Lima-like with pickup from one bogie and a motor block obviously inspired by Lima's questionable old offering (but better engineered I think).  The un-powered bogie on this one needed stripping to fix a de-soldered wire, broken and bent wiper contacts and very dirty wheels. All restored to health now and trundling round my test track quite nicely!

I note that some people replace the entire mechanism with a Kato RDC chassis. I'd probably consider that if I was building a Spanish themed layout and wanted to ensure excellent running, but for now she'll be part of my "offline" collection that only comes out to play on the odd occaasion.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #1113 on: April 10, 2019, 08:03:53 PM »
Very nice Nick,

Not jealous at all  :no:  ;)  :).

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline Westgate

• Awards
« Reply #1114 on: April 10, 2019, 09:25:17 PM »
I have a couple of the Ibertren 440s and was thinking of re-motorising.  However Arnold seem to be on the case with new version - http://www.clubelectrotren.com/index.php/club/noticias

Online Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1115 on: April 13, 2019, 08:42:40 PM »
I've had the blue version of the old Ibertren S/440 unit for quite a few years, and have been after one in this red/white livery as I do find it rather attractive.   I see the occasional one on Spanish ebay but this is the first I've seen on offer from the UK. 

Nice model Nick. I'm sure I've been on these trains before, my sister lived near Torremolinos for a while and I think it was trains such as these running along the coast towards Malaga (at least they were this colour scheme).

Good work on restoring the model to running condition!

Online swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1116 on: April 17, 2019, 09:28:30 PM »
The latest addition to my layout is my representation of the “Gotthard Panorama Express”. It consists of the recently introduced Minitrix set of three SBB Panorama Coaches (15674) and a Kato set of two refurbished SBB RIC coaches. (K23008)
The real train is aimed at the tourist market and has been operating over the classic Gotthard mountain route since the new base tunnel opened. The panorama coaches are first class and the refurbished RIC coaches are second class and have been provided because they still have opening windows which makes photography easier.
The coaches in each set are individually numbered and all are lettered and finished to a high standard. They run freely and the Kato set comes with lighting already installed. Minitrix and Kato have interpreted the white of the SBB livery slightly differently as is often the case between manufacturers and even between batches from the same manufacturer but I don’t find it too noticeable.

John

Offline carlmt

• Awards
« Reply #1117 on: April 17, 2019, 09:47:33 PM »
Magnificent layout!

Can you point me in the direction of more information about it or more photos?

I do recognise the station building - Reichenbach.  I have the self same model.... a Pola kit from the 1970's.  I actually visited the real station a few years ago but it was looking a little run down.

:beers:

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1118 on: April 17, 2019, 09:59:21 PM »
There didn't happen to be one of these in the old box as well by any chance?  :smiley-laughing:

I have picked up a couple more Goldies in the last month or two, for around £20-£25.   

There is a Goldie croc on ebay right now, but £40 is more than I'm willing to shell out for a static model no matter how nice!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arnold-Crocodile-Goldie-Ce-6-8-loco-SBB-2702/362621611352?hash=item546deead58:g:o24AAOSwUHRcs2Uq&frcectupt=true
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Online swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1119 on: April 18, 2019, 10:30:09 AM »
Magnificent layout!
……………………….

Thanks C.

I do recognise the station building - Reichenbach.  I have the self same model.... a Pola kit from the 1970's.  I actually visited the real station a few years ago but it was looking a little run down.
……………………………..

Yes, it's a really old kit. I would say that it is slightly overscale (possibly more like TT) but I have always liked it and it has served me well. BLS obviously thought that Reichenbach was looking run down also as the last I heard the station was being completely rebuilt. I think it was due for completion about now.
John

Online Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #1120 on: April 18, 2019, 07:18:32 PM »
The latest addition to my layout is my representation of the “Gotthard Panorama Express”. It consists of the recently introduced Minitrix set of

That train looks fantastic on your layout John - nicely put together! :thumbsup:

Offline Hiawatha

• Awards
« Reply #1121 on: April 20, 2019, 10:54:47 AM »
I have picked up a couple more Goldies in the last month or two, for around £20-£25.   

There is a Goldie croc on ebay right now, but £40 is more than I'm willing to shell out for a static model no matter how nice!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arnold-Crocodile-Goldie-Ce-6-8-loco-SBB-2702/362621611352?hash=item546deead58:g:o24AAOSwUHRcs2Uq&frcectupt=true

Hi Nick, any chance of showing your new golden acquisitions? :wave:

Don’t know about the Crocodile but the seller also has the BR 01.5 2720 – the last Goldie Arnold has made and one of the more seldom seen. I think £40 is a good price for that one, in Germany they usually sell for more.

That train looks fantastic on your layout John - nicely put together! :thumbsup:
Seconded! I am not a great fan of the Swiss railways but this train and your layout look amazing! :beers:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 11:00:03 AM by Hiawatha »
Peter

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1122 on: April 20, 2019, 11:12:07 AM »
Hi Nick, any chance of showing your new golden acquisitions? :wave:

OK, here they are (and what they cost me including postage)
Top to bottom:
2720  BR 01.5   (£20 - I did well with that one I think!)
2701  Bn2   (£15)
2711  Kittel  (£28)
2704 BR 78  (£28)

As I mentioned before, over the years I've not really been interested in them but the little Bn2 just caught my eye at a show a few months ago.  I'm not going to go mad and hunt them all down, just maybe pick up any bargains.

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1123 on: April 20, 2019, 11:55:52 AM »
I like "boxy" locos!     

Picked up this brand new Arnold HN2283 DR electric for £70 all in, which seems to be at least £50 less than the asking price elsewhere.   I have a vague memory that there were on offer at the same sort of price from some of the German retailers a while ago, but I didn't take advantage at the time.

Model of 250 003-1.   Lovely smooth runner, nice lights and crisp detail.

(Excuse the lack of catenary, let's assume it's been propelled to that location for the photo by a Köf shunter!)

Hoping this will behave as well as if not better than the Minitrix equivalent model, which whilst being a nice model has a bogie mounting design which didn't impress me (silly clips instead of a decent pin through the bogie centre like the good old days!)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 07:29:41 PM by ntpntpntp, Reason: loco number wrong! »

Offline Hiawatha

• Awards
« Reply #1124 on: April 20, 2019, 11:57:37 AM »
2720  BR 01.5   (£20 - I did well with that one I think!)

As I mentioned before, over the years I've not really been interested in them but the little Bn2 just caught my eye at a show a few months ago.  I'm not going to go mad and hunt them all down, just maybe pick up any bargains.
:goggleeyes: Oh yes, you did well! :beers:

In the beginning I also wanted to have just a few, the 01, 05 and the Mallet 96. But somehow, over the years I think I got all of the standard models. And some of the specials for mail-order companies too (these were never shown in the Arnold catalogues). I really want the gold 103 – there’s one on ebay for € 499 ... :no: Another sold within the hour as it was a BIN for €50 :headbutt: which I only saw as a completed item.
Peter

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £51.00
Below Goal: £49.00
Site Currency: GBP
51% 
October Donations