!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: 2019 new Continental items  (Read 3839 times)

Offline marco neri

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
Re: 2019 new Continental items
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2019, 08:03:42 PM »
 :hellosign:
I hope NOT... :)
In the meanwhile I get “pre-order” on Hornby/Arnold at £224.....
I think at Hornby/Arnold factory and marketing branch they were watching to the  Swiss market especially ( as many other)..
May be a “new start/era”..?......

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2019, 12:31:20 AM »
I don't recognise some of these items as having been mooted before, not even at Nürnberg, although Arnold do keep changing what they announce to something different later, like the wagons we were discussing before.

Irritatingly no ETR610 in plain SBB livery which most of the Swiss owned ones have run in for their lives so far

Also irritating in the collection is yet another tank wagon with 'Algeco' branding. Manufacturers have stuck to this for years, but AFAIK Algeco has not been in the railway transport business for some years now.
Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Online woodbury22uk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2019, 10:43:18 AM »

Also irritating in the collection is yet another tank wagon with 'Algeco' branding. Manufacturers have stuck to this for years, but AFAIK Algeco has not been in the railway transport business for some years now.

Algeco was formally taken over by VTG in 2004. The companies had worked closely together previously, and the formal change followed shortly after Simotra France becoming part of VTG in 2002. The Algeco branding continued for several years after that and some tank wagons still carried it into 2010 at least, due to the leasing structures in place. I had a brief period of managerial responsibility shortly before the time of the formal takeover.
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £74.00
Below Goal: £26.00
Site Currency: GBP
74% 
October Donations

Advertise Here