!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Cant Cove (and Penmayne)  (Read 533484 times)

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Cant Cove (and Penmayne)
« Reply #5910 on: May 23, 2019, 07:16:23 PM »
8485 certainly looks to be in fine condition Chris.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Train Waiting

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #5911 on: May 23, 2019, 07:35:04 PM »
Splendid pictures, Chris; thank you.

I can only hope that the preservationists have their eyes on 8402.

It would be such shame if she ends up being turned into Ford Cortinas.

Best wishes.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1920s to the 1950s.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #5912 on: May 24, 2019, 12:12:33 AM »
No problem. Thanks, Chris (Weave) for the TOUROPA coach info. I used to really like the Arnold Rapido models. I will see what the Arnold coach looks like when it arrives but it looks better than the very oldest 'toy-like' ones in the eBay photo.

I look forward to the photos. in due course of the TOUROPA continental train. Perhaps, at Izaro? I'm glad to read that TOUROPA has expanded its services there, too. No doubt due to local lobbying. I'm also happy that Port Regleun will also be served, at least in high summer.

Thanks, John and Martin. No. 8402 is an older Graham Farish model, bought some years ago, and was always planned to be sold when replaced by the later No. 8485, which is, indeed a very attractive model, looking as good as new. Both pannier tanks were tested and DCC-fitted by Douglas of Wickness Models. No. 8402 will, unless bought by a forum buyer, now go to Gideon for detailing then resale. After Gideon has done his magic (as he did with No. 8485) it will look very good, I know. I'm sure it will then find a new home and be saved from the Swindon Works scrapline. 8-)

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #5913 on: May 24, 2019, 04:14:57 AM »
Hi Chris,

Have done a few Touropa pics which will appear on the Principat d'Izaro thread as soon as Flickr is back up and running. They are apparently having over running maintenance/up grade issues according to my site.

Cheers Chris (weave)  :beers:

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #5914 on: May 24, 2019, 06:09:39 PM »
Thanks, Chris (Weave). Looking forward to seeing them.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #5915 on: May 25, 2019, 09:51:06 PM »
A quick story alert re ! a GRAHAM FARISH / GRAFAR N GAUGE - SIR GEORGE WIDGEON - HORSE BOX. This is for a planned story, next month about a famous racehorse belonging to Sir George Widgeon and some villainy afoot. More details in a day or so. 8-)

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #5916 on: May 25, 2019, 10:07:56 PM »
A quick story alert re ! a GRAHAM FARISH / GRAFAR N GAUGE - SIR GEORGE WIDGEON - HORSE BOX. This is for a planned story, next month about a famous racehorse belonging to Sir George Widgeon and some villainy afoot. More details in a day or so. 8-)

Are we suspecting “fowl” play?
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #5917 on: May 26, 2019, 11:23:20 AM »
Err, no. That's another story about the mysterious disappearance of a champion cockerel from a back garden in Tregonning under investigation by the local constable! 8-)

The editor of the local newsheet, the "Tregonning Times", was delighted to be able to use "Fowl Play in Tregonning" as the headline.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 03:31:26 PM by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated. »

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #5918 on: May 30, 2019, 07:27:35 PM »
Cant Cove's official photographer was on hand to witness the departure of a very special train from Eastleigh to Penmayne from Cant Cove.

The lead loco. is the CLPG (Cant Cove)'s first preserved ex-BR SR loco. in Southern Railway livery 0395 0-6-0 No. 3439.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 07:35:28 PM by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated »

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #5919 on: May 30, 2019, 09:34:53 PM »
Behind it is the second LSWR design 0-6-0 'Black Motor' 700 Class 30700 (72A) preserved in BR Plain Black & Late BR Crest livery and, like its companion, given a heavy general overhaul.

Behind them was an almost fully 1st Class train conveying members of the CLPG who had travelled to Eastleigh Works to ensure that there were no further cases of mistaken identity! The train was formed of an FO, RFO RMB, and a BCK specially cleaned and polished with burnished buffers.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 11:51:27 AM by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #5920 on: May 30, 2019, 09:36:42 PM »
Hi Chris,

Thanks Chris for more lovely pics.

I'm so jealous of you guys for having such a choice of steam locomotives. There is very little French and Spanish steam around although improving but expensive.

Can I just confirm which Touropa coach you are going to use? The Minitrix 3013, which looks OK or the Arnold 0343, which looks horrible or both? I'd rather go with the Minitrix one for future through runnings but didn't really understand when you said the Minitrix was better and you had both but the Arnold would be the prototype ie. no point in buying one if it only appears once.

I might have misread what you said and hope you understand what I'm trying to ask.

Cheers Chris (weave)  :beers:

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #5921 on: May 30, 2019, 09:52:37 PM »
Thanks, Chris (Weave). I had to wait for these two to work their way through Gideon's queue.

I'll be posting pictures of the Touropa test train, Saturday. Yes, I now have both the Minitrix 3013 (rather tired, the TOUROPA lettering is very faded and the wheels rusty -- I need to take them off and clean them, maybe a spray of WD40?), which looks OK and the Arnold 0343 which does not look that bad (I think I have a later one). Both are short, about the same length, which is fine for UK Ferry stock. I should also have another Minitrix 3013 coming in the next parcel from Gideon which I hope will be in better condition.

So, no need to buy an Arnold one. There are no cheap Minitrix 3013 ones available, at present, last time I looked but they do seem to come up regularly on eBay Germany and, sometimes, on eBay UK.

Offline Ozymandias

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25305
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #5922 on: May 31, 2019, 11:51:03 AM »
Behind it is the second LSWR design 0-6-0 'Black Motor' 700 Class 30700 (72A) preserved in BR Plain Black & Late BR Crest livery and, like its companion, given a heavy general overhaul.

Behind them was an almost fully 1st Class train conveying members of the CLPG who had travelled to Eastleigh Works to ensure that there were no further cases of mistaken identity! The train was formed of an FO, RMB, RFO and a BCK.

I recognise those locos!! :) Looking great on that very lovely layout!
"Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!"

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #5923 on: May 31, 2019, 04:48:08 PM »
 :hellosign: Many thanks Chris superb photos, looking very nice  :thumbsup:
     regards Derek.

Online Paddy

• N Gauge Society Number: 10732
  • 2mm Association Number: N/A
    • Awards
« Reply #5924 on: May 31, 2019, 06:06:17 PM »
Lovely locos Chris - I like the way you have detailed them.

You would have to be brave to go up that footbridge though!  ;)

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMLEwYTXc6fdwur2wOb0LA/videos

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP