!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Cant Cove (and Penmayne)  (Read 508961 times)

Dizz and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Cant Cove (and Penmayne)
« Reply #465 on: September 02, 2014, 07:45:11 AM »
Thanks Chris.
That's a very nice looking rake of wagons there.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #466 on: September 02, 2014, 07:57:26 AM »
Close-ups of the wagons and the very lightly weathered 'Hymek':

(All wagons are brand new and come in their original boxes, except the Peco Grain wagon.)

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #467 on: September 02, 2014, 08:01:25 AM »
Thanks Chris.
That's a very nice looking rake of wagons there.

Thanks, Martin. Except for the last two, which are yours, the wagons are all for sale as they are duplicates. Maybe Trepol Bay needs an insulated van for fish traffic and an ex-LNER van (the first van from the right) for delivery of sacks of grain from East Anglia to the brewery? 8-)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:50:56 AM by Chris in Prague »

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #468 on: September 02, 2014, 08:06:19 AM »
The Wadebridge yard master will telephone Port Perran as soon as the two wagons have arrived to inform Control at Port Perran when they will be leaving for onward transfer to Trepol Bay.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #469 on: September 02, 2014, 04:25:08 PM »
The Wadebridge yardmaster has confirmed the arrival of the two wagons for onward transfer to Trepol Bay via Port Perran.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #470 on: September 02, 2014, 09:08:15 PM »
Only time to do some limited painting of small items including shelves and cupboards (as supplied in the Ratio kits) for Cant Cove loco. shed and small items for the Ratio small buildings such as the weighbridge and coal merchant's office buildings. I still need to dry brush the gloss 'SR Green' lower interior walls of the loco. shed with dark grey to remove most of the gloss. (When that is done and all the shelves, cupboards and ladders are done, I can, finally finish gluing the shed walls together!

Some second-hand open wagons and vans, bought on eBay, are on their way; I hope they will arrive next week for repainting in Cant Cove Estate and Castle Brewery liveries. Painting wagons is very relaxing!

Tomorrow, I need to put the surplus BR wagon rakes up on eBay.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:12:11 PM by Chris in Prague »

Offline jd

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #471 on: September 02, 2014, 10:28:17 PM »
cant wait to see the loco shed. I was wondering what br wagons you got. I am thinking of turning Weaver Cove in the a ex GW line so running Class 22 maybe 35 and 52 Class 121 and class 122 as well. if they are clay wagons that you are selling I might be interested.
Jon

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #472 on: September 02, 2014, 10:53:58 PM »
Thank you. The loco. shed is very close to final assembly. The two halves have been assembled. (Pictures, tomorrow.) Unfortunately, my china clay wagons (from Kernow Models) are not for sale.

If Weaver Cove is an ex-GWR line in the mid-1960s to early 1970s then some of the vans and wagons I have spare would be suitable for fertiliser traffic for the local farmers, calcified seaweed, parcels, etc. Maybe, even sea sand. (Send me a PM and I'll send you the details, tomorrow. I'd rather sell to a forum member than on eBay!)

A Class 22 with a BSK and a CK, and a Class 121 and Class 122 single diesel passenger unit would be good for local passenger traffic with the Class 22 also operating local goods trains. A Class 35 "Hymek" could handle through trains to Paddington and a Class 52 "Western" could appear on through trains at the height of the summer season.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 04:50:40 PM by Chris in Prague »

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #473 on: September 03, 2014, 07:57:36 AM »
Looking forward to seeing yet another Western scene develop.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #474 on: September 04, 2014, 04:11:54 PM »
Managed to snatch a couple of hours for more small painting tasks (a pity I have to work as the weather is superb, warm and sunny -- ideal for painting!).

The two halves of the loco. shed -- still need brushing with matt white where I had to add more 'SR Cream' plus adding some more detailing items:

The end of the loco. shed with the workshop:

The red warning notice has since been 'touched up' with more gloss red (close-up pictures REALLY show any mistakes that need fixing!):

Every North Cornwall railway station needs a lamp hut, this is one of an identical pair bought secondhand on eBay with my 'SR Gloss Green' carefully overpainted on the BR WR Brown. (Maybe the Green is now TOO light?):

12 spare wagons (duplicates) I need to sell to make room for the secondhand old wagons and vans coming for repainting in Castle Estates and Castle Brewery liveries or early BR Bauxite or Grey:

If I have time, tomorrow, I will photograph them as two goods trains: early 1960s stock behind my Graham Farish 57XX in BR Black and late 1960s stock behind my Class 14. (Both locos. have yet to be renumbered.)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 04:15:11 PM by Chris in Prague »

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #475 on: September 04, 2014, 07:37:07 PM »
Great little huts.
I think the green is fine and looks the part.
Keep up the good work but I guess the day job will now be taking over.
By the way, you'll need a lampman (is that the correct title?) - what will he be called ?

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #476 on: September 05, 2014, 09:05:19 AM »
Thanks, Martin. I'm very pleased with the lamp huts: one for Cant Cove and one for the future Penmayne.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to clear up this weekend and put everything away as I won't have time to work on the models from now on. The most I will be able to do is to complete some of the other part-finished Ratio kits. However, I do plan to complete the loco. shed as there is very little more left to do. This morning I've been working on the base for the loco. shed.

I have a lot of N Scale figures bought ready painted but no specific figure for a lampman. I do have a lot more figures which need painting but they must be left for another time, I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:53:08 AM by Chris in Prague »

Offline jd

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #477 on: September 05, 2014, 09:10:44 AM »
Hi Chris. The lamp hunt looks great as dose the engine shed. Its a shame that you will be packing up for a while, but r/l commitments have a habit of cropping up and put your modelling on hold lol.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #478 on: September 05, 2014, 09:15:15 AM »
Hi Chris. The lamp hut looks great as does the engine shed. It's a shame that you will be packing up for a while, but r/l commitments have a habit of cropping up and put your modelling on hold lol.

Thank you for those kind words. Alas, yes, I need to dedicate my time to earning the money to pay for my railway modelling! 8-)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:53:46 AM by Chris in Prague »

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #479 on: September 05, 2014, 05:51:43 PM »
Well, a lot of this week, apart from teaching, was spent in meetings. SO Cant Cove loco. shed is still nearing completion.

The good news is that my PECO NB-56F Locomotive Inspection Pit Code 55 Rail N Gauge New Boxed, bought on eBay has arrived so I can fit that to the base for the shed. (I have a secondhand completed one but decided that nothing but the best should be fitted!) However, I'm still thinking that the pit is not deep enough for a N Scale man to stand upright in, so am thinking of cutting the supplied base out and lengthening the sides. (As the base will be mounted on a layer of insulating board forming the ground level on the baseboard -- representing sea level -- there should be enough space for a deeper inspection pit to be cut.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:53:55 PM by Chris in Prague »

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
55% 
September Donations