!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Cant Cove (and Penmayne)  (Read 522004 times)

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
Re: Cant Cove (and Penmayne)
« Reply #1185 on: January 23, 2015, 09:03:31 AM »
The Wadebridge yardmaster has been informed that three 7-plank wagons and two covered vans (BR Standard and ER types) have been overhauled and repainted in undercoat and are ready to be collected for transport to Wadebridge and then Trepol Bay and Port Perran.

A range of Castle Brewery and Castle Estates vans and wagons including a LWB flat wagon have also been completed and will be collected for transport to Wadebridge and then Claverdon, Port Perran, Trepol Bay and Weaver Cove, although the LWB wagon for the WR Birmingham area still needs its axleboxes painted.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:30:11 AM by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated. »

Offline Paddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 10732
  • 2mm Association Number: N/A
    • Awards
« Reply #1186 on: January 23, 2015, 01:48:06 PM »
As always they look good Chris.

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1187 on: January 23, 2015, 01:54:36 PM »
As always they look good Chris.

Paddy

Thanks, Paddy. It's very much practice makes perfect and having the smallest paint brushes possible; plus, being short-sighted, with my glasses off I can focus in very well. Painting in batches (one colour at a time) enables a lot of models to be painted over a few days.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1188 on: January 23, 2015, 09:48:18 PM »
The first two of a planned three with identical removable loads of wood LWB flat wagons in Castle Estates livery:

(From left, the prototype for Cant Cove, the second for through trains to Birmingham (WR) via Claverdon -- axle boxes need repainting in gloss yellow):

The third will be for Port Perran as there is a saw mill there (tree trunks are sent from the Castle Estates and cut timber returns there or is sold elsewhere by the Castle Estates).

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1189 on: January 23, 2015, 09:50:02 PM »
I will have other similar wagons in Castle Estates livery but with different timber loads.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1190 on: January 25, 2015, 04:59:23 PM »
Yellow axleboxes (re)painted all all Peco LWB wagons and a van. I hope that they will be dry, tomorrow, and the Plate wagon for Claverdon can then be despatched.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1191 on: January 25, 2015, 09:58:13 PM »
The latest billboard, this one for the North Cornwall Pasty Co., of Penmayne, a 2MM Scale vanside version will also be produced as a transfer, along with Castle Estates, Castle Brewery, Cornish Pixie Ice Cream, and Summer Lightning (Headland Brewery, Trepol Bay) eventually.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:53:56 AM by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated. »

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1192 on: January 25, 2015, 10:11:57 PM »
Here's the 2MM Scale billboards and vansides, so far for Trepol Bay and Cant Cove:

Now that I have all the scenery pieces, tomorrow, I will mark out where everything should go on the baseboard for Cant Cove prior to cutting the pieces and gluing them in place. Then will follow placing the track in place marking where holes need to be drilled for wiring and the wiring under the board. Final tracklaying will follow but maybe won't be complete until Easter.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:41:34 PM by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated. »

Offline Trainfish

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21524
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • My layout, Longcroft under construction
    • Awards
« Reply #1193 on: January 26, 2015, 01:15:58 AM »
The latest billboard, this one for the North Cornwall Pasty Co., of Penmayne, a 2MM Scale vanside version will also be produced as a transfer, along with Castle Estates, Castle Brewery, Cornish Pixie Ice Cream, and Summer Lightning (Headland Brewery, Trepol Bay) eventually.

Sorry Chris but there's only one Summer Lightning. And it's ruddy good  :beers:

John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1194 on: January 26, 2015, 08:00:06 AM »
I do know (and have enjoyed on draught and in bottle -- available in Prague) the 'original' "Summer Lightning"; however, back in the 1960s, the Headland Brewery, Trepol Bay, Cornwall, was the first to brew a special light, crisp golden ale with that name. 8-) It is rumoured that the Head Brewer of the excellent Hopback Brewery remembers his father enjoying the Headland Brewery's excellent ales on a summer holiday. 8-)

Offline Trainfish

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21524
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • My layout, Longcroft under construction
    • Awards
« Reply #1195 on: January 26, 2015, 12:14:06 PM »
Summer Lightning has made it to Prague? I bet that sorts out the men from the boys at stag parties.
John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1196 on: January 26, 2015, 12:46:43 PM »
Summer Lightning has made it to Prague? I bet that sorts out the men from the boys at stag parties.

Only in bottles and it was available from Tesco's Home Delivery Service along with a few other bottled British beers. Some are also available from other importing retail outlets.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1197 on: January 27, 2015, 12:38:20 PM »
Cant Cove's Class 04 has been busy marshalling vehicles for the various destinations.

1) For Weaver Cove: the overhauled SR non-corridor set plus Castle Estates ER-type van (lightly weathered) plus 6- and 5-plank wagons with removable loads:

2) For Port Perran and Trepol Bay: 2 overhauled Castle Estates vans, 2 overhauled and prepainted vans and 3 open wagons (two with removable loads for Castle Estates open wagons) ready for final painting:

3) For traffic to Birmingham WR via Claverdon, newly overhauled Castle Brewery van, Castle Estates Plate flat wagon with removable timber load, lightly weathered BR Grey non-vacuum-braked open wagon:

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 01:10:54 PM by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated. »

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1198 on: January 28, 2015, 12:09:30 AM »
All will be despatched 'via Wadebridge', tomorrow. 8-)

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #1199 on: January 28, 2015, 06:50:55 AM »
All will be despatched 'via Wadebridge', tomorrow. 8-)
The Q1 at Trepol Bay is being prepared as we speak.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £61.00
Below Goal: £39.00
Site Currency: GBP
61% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything