!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Saxon Street : (R.O.A. layout)  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Invicta Alec

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Saxon Street : (R.O.A. layout)
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2018, 01:20:34 PM »
One of those 'handy to know' posts - I have two of the crossovers!  :worried:  :thankyousign:

Danny,

unfortunately I couldn't post a photo of the internals of the crossover because of the forum upgrade that's going on at the moment but I'll do that in another post when the gallery becomes available again.

Alec.

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2018, 01:44:15 PM »
@Invicta Alec  That would be appreciated. As they say - 'a picture paints a thousand words'.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2018, 03:35:46 PM »
... and there was I half expecting a "Help!" ping from you Alec!   Glad you've sorted it, otherwise I might have considered knocking up some sort of mini CDU in a little box, just to drive the 4 motors of the scissors. 
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Invicta Alec

• Awards
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2018, 04:16:45 PM »
... and there was I half expecting a "Help!" ping from you Alec!   Glad you've sorted it ...............

Yep, sorted Nick. Bring one of your German locos round so we can test it out over a cup of tea!

Alec.

Offline Invicta Alec

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2018, 12:13:44 PM »
Just to round off my post about the crossover problem here is a photo of the internals.......

You can just about make out the fine spring wire that runs south east to north west between the orange circles. The aforementioned manky piece of plastic is sitting above the rightmost circle. I moved it to sit above the right hand side of the spring wire. It appears its function is to stop the wire (and its mate that runs north east to south west to the blade below) from jumping out of their locating clips.
I can only assume that mine was only holding one of them down prior to me opening the unit up. Note that this is just one half of the crossover, I didn't open the other half up as it had been functioning correctly.

I am indebted to Steve Jackson of Northern Virginia whose photo I have pinched from an article he wrote about modifying the crossover for other purposes http://ttrak.wikidot.com/internally-modify-crossover

Alec.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £317.00
Above Goal: £262.00
Site Currency: GBP
576% 
December Donations

Advertise Here