!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Wiltsbury Junction - Inspired by Westbury  (Read 51251 times)

Offline Leon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27933
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: Wiltsbury Junction - Inspired by Westbury
« Reply #1185 on: April 06, 2020, 07:43:26 PM »
John, you're very kind! Thanks.

I created a photo album at Google Photos with the images arranged from earliest to latest. I need to remind myself from time to time that I am making progress. For anyone interested in seeing how Wiltsbury Junction has evolved, click the link that follows - https://photos.app.goo.gl/kkZD7ft1AExELdvq6 and scroll through. The great thing about albums is being able to clink just once.  :) Another couple clicks are necessary to zoom a particular image.

It's also nice to see the room WAS tidy once upon a time!

Leon
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

"A well-read man is defined not for how much he's read but by what he's read!" - an old man

Online dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #1186 on: April 06, 2020, 08:15:43 PM »
I have just looked through the album @Leon  - looking good and interesting to see how things have developed.. I particularly like the ballasting you have done.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Leon

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #1187 on: May 14, 2020, 05:04:21 PM »
I'm still alive and well while quarantined.  My modelling and forum activity has taken a backseat to genealogical research recently. My DNA test results led me to a distant cousin who was adopted within hours of her birth. Although she had found her mother and visited with her back in 1993, she was unable to unravel a lot of the mystery surrounding her birth and couldn't identify her father or grandparents. A couple of days ago, I was able to bring significant clarification of those facts - after many hours of research. I may be able to settle down and finish my road system, now! I hope to post some pictures in the not too distant future.

Leon
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

"A well-read man is defined not for how much he's read but by what he's read!" - an old man

Online dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #1188 on: May 14, 2020, 05:50:19 PM »
I was wondering where you had got to Leon. Genealogy is quite interesting as I found out a few years ago when I started tracing my family tree - glad you were able to help your cousin a bit.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Leon

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #1189 on: June 21, 2020, 06:24:42 PM »
Time flies when you're having fun (or not). The implications of the coronavirus for me have been limited, so far. I miss being able to go out to eat when the spirit moves me and that's about all except for the limitations on travel. I don't want to fly yet and long trips via car require problematic accommodations and meals. The main impact, for me, is the loss of our annual R&R to the U.K. It will be the first time in twenty-two years that my wife and I haven't made the pilgrimage.

I'm still making methodical progress with my layout, due in large part to alterations. I'm even re-visiting my track plan! I've returned to AnyRail to examine the possibilities for a slight adjustment to the station platforms (though some would consider it significant and controversial). I'm forced to lift some track to add isolators to rails on both ends of the platforms, so if I'm going to make other changes this is the time to do it. When complete, my layout will be far from prototypical but I do want the station area to be as close as I can make it to the way it was in 1939-41.

Leon

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1190 on: June 21, 2020, 07:14:32 PM »
Iím with you Leon.
I miss eating out and having coffee out.
As for travel, we havenít been anywhere since mid March. We live only 5 miles from the coast but havenít been there, again, since mid March.
Perhaps we are being too cautious but we feel better safe than sorry.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Leon

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #1191 on: June 21, 2020, 08:29:13 PM »
Martin,

All of us should err on the side of caution.

Leon

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #1192 on: June 22, 2020, 06:23:01 AM »
Hi Leon

Can we see how you're getting on with the modifications to your layout?
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline Leon

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #1193 on: June 22, 2020, 10:09:44 PM »
Can we see how you're getting on with the modifications to your layout?

Laurence, it was kind of you to ask for an update, but I'm still working on my road system and there isn't a lot of change from the last photo. I've added a lot of turf to either side of the roads and that's about all. Before I'm completely finished with the roads I'll probably be lifting and re-laying some track. Give me a few more weeks and perhaps I will have something to show for my slow progress. The result will not be something that I can take a lot of pride from, but it is what it. I'm not getting any younger!

Leon

Online Nbodger

• N Gauge Society Number: 8788
    • Awards
« Reply #1194 on: June 22, 2020, 10:20:45 PM »
Hi Leon

Non of us are getting any younger, itís gets harder and tiring to do the smallest things, I really find it hard to concentrate for long periods, however mine is probably more the health issues I have been through over the last few years on top of getting older.

As long as we all keep enjoying what we do, we should continue at a pace that suits us.

Stay safe

Mike H  8)

Offline Leon

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #1195 on: June 24, 2020, 05:44:35 PM »
Mike, you're absolutely right - everyone has to make a judgment about their pace of working. In my case, it's a "snail's pace". I'm reluctant to start any task that will require more than thirty minutes. The hobby has been good for me, but I wish I'd started ten years ago! I have a pretty steady hand, still, but I have significant problems with my eyesight. N Scale was NOT a good choice for me.

Leon

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £35.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
58% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal