!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: progress on new build 6x3  (Read 158 times)

Offline fastmoggy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
progress on new build 6x3
« on: September 15, 2020, 08:56:42 PM »

Spent some time trying to figure out where to put the road and came up with this which I'm pleased with as the traffic can come in from the crossing and out again without doing a 9 point turn as i have a few buses and lorries!

I'm having second thoughts on putting the goods shed there and replacing it with a coal yard, what's your views on this idea? I think that i tried to cram all my buildings from the last 8x3 layout onto this smaller board but  it just doesn't work, less is more!

Quick view of the proposed small farm yard. The perils of buying too much stuff with little room to place them on board?
I'm still toying with an elevated section at the back using a H shaped box (higher at the back for a backscene) to hide the track at the back and provide space on top for a street scene using all the low relief buildings i  had on the last layout.
Progress has been slow as it's  still 26*c in the room so a bit uncomfortable!  but did managed to get all the points wired up  ready to be connected to control panel so getting there  slowly but surly  :D 

Offline Paddy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 10732
  • 2mm Association Number: N/A
    • Awards
Re: progress on new build 6x3
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 09:04:28 PM »
Looking good @fastmoggy.  This will be an interesting project to watch develop.

Kind regards

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Offline fastmoggy

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 09:09:02 PM »
Looking good @fastmoggy.  This will be an interesting project to watch develop.

Kind regards

Paddy

Thanks for your kind words, when the room cools down to a more bearable temperature i'll crack on   

Online chrism

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • The Coniston Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 06:30:08 AM »

Spent some time trying to figure out where to put the road and came up with this which I'm pleased with as the traffic can come in from the crossing and out again without doing a 9 point turn as i have a few buses and lorries!

Considering the above, you don't appear to have much room for lorries to turn once they are in the goods yard. Maybe widen the road and junction by the coal office(?) to make a turning area there so they have room to swing round and reverse into the yard?

Offline fastmoggy

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 12:32:13 PM »

Considering the above, you don't appear to have much room for lorries to turn once they are in the goods yard. Maybe widen the road and junction by the coal office(?) to make a turning area there so they have room to swing round and reverse into the yard?
yes i see what your saying. the paper round the back is just for illustration as i tried different ideas for the road layout. the actual road will be more of a rough road/dirt track/ballast that you'd expect? the track will be right up to the track ballast with a fence in-between. As for the goods shed? in two minds to remove and put a coal yard there. 

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £71.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
September Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal