!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society  (Read 148225 times)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society
« Reply #2685 on: December 17, 2018, 09:43:15 AM »
I may consider the 'Plug 'n' Play' system in the future so would be interested to hear your thoughts on it, Andrew. :thankyousign:

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #2686 on: December 17, 2018, 10:29:14 AM »
I have some results to share over the next week or so of 2 different applications, but I am mightily impressed with it, so simple and the dimmer switches allow for easy brightness tuning, which is a boon for non-electronical types like me!  Not as cheap as basic electronic components, but so easy to use I really like it

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #2687 on: Yesterday at 06:43:57 AM »
I continued with my housekeeping in the area of the new road tunnel and light hub, when running the wiring for the layout, I created a situation whereby the cables all crossed a future scenic area, above the baseboard.  In the picture below, they ran above the plywood ceiling above the storage cassettes.  They are technically below the baseboard level, but I decided some time ago to drop the level of the scenery to form the river running away from the dam and had not go around to re-routing the wires (until now) - here they are half way through re-routing (it didn't occur to me to take a before shot)

Bit of left over trunking used to tidy them up

And the area where they used to run across is now clear, it had also become a bit of a dumping ground for all sorts, so the housekeeping extended to clearing it all out  :angel:

With that niggly job out the way, I was able to start thinking about how I will form the terrain,

... to feature the Iron Bridge replica, there will need to be a rocky narrow point (a bit like the Hermitage near Dunkeld for those that know the area)

But....there is sitll a bit of an obstruction in the way that will prevent the water from flowing ........  :hmmm:

Offline keithbythe sea

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #2688 on: Yesterday at 07:16:22 AM »
Looking “tidy” Andrew  :D

Could that obstruction turn into a weir?

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £347.00
Above Goal: £292.00
Site Currency: GBP
631% 
December Donations

Advertise Here